The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: What are the GA pits like?
PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Just wondering because I heard from somebody on PJ.com that if I do manage to somehow get tickets for the pit (HIGHLY unlikely I've just been asking around PJ.com in case somebody somehow gives them up) that I should bring earplugs or something.

Is it really that loud there? I haven't been to many concerts since Pearl Jam is the first band I really loved (I saw Rush, Van Halen and Police only so far in the last couple years) so I wouldn't really know.

Is it so loud that it's better to be somewhere else? But it sounds so cool to be close up to them though....I mean like....is it loud enough that it disrupts the experience by meaning I can't really hear the music and crowd and just hear noise or what?

Post subject: Re: What are the GA pits like?
PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:17 pm 
Future Drummer

What. Definitely what.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:18 pm 
Polluted

It's rough, loud, kinda smelly, and nobody shares their joints.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:27 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Fucking shit

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

mikejasond wrote:
Just wondering because I heard from somebody on PJ.com that if I do manage to somehow get tickets for the pit (HIGHLY unlikely I've just been asking around PJ.com in case somebody somehow gives them up) that I should bring earplugs or something.

Is it really that loud there? I haven't been to many concerts since Pearl Jam is the first band I really loved (I saw Rush, Van Halen and Police only so far in the last couple years) so I wouldn't really know.

Is it so loud that it's better to be somewhere else? But it sounds so cool to be close up to them though....I mean like....is it loud enough that it disrupts the experience by meaning I can't really hear the music and crowd and just hear noise or what?

how old are you?

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

mikejasond wrote:

im pretty sure the volume will be about the same in the whole arena, i had front row in 08 for the first show of 4 we were going to that week, and i didnt really notice much of a difference between that show and any others

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:42 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

how old are you?

I just mean sound wise, what's it sound like?

If it's loud enough I apparently need ear plugs according to some guy is it still clear or does it sound distorted and I can't really hear the music? I wouldn't know I've never been up that close before. I won't get that close now either because the chance of finding somebody willing to sell GA tickets for some reason is probably .1% but either way I was just curious since I've not been to many concerts and have never been anywhere close to the speakers.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:52 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

how old are you?

If it's loud enough I apparently need ear plugs according to some guy is it still clear or does it sound distorted and I can't really hear the music? I wouldn't know I've never been up that close before. I won't get that close now either because the chance of finding somebody willing to sell GA tickets for some reason is probably .1% but either way I was just curious since I've not been to many concerts and have never been anywhere close to the speakers.

you dont need ear plugs,,,,specially if you are 21. Its a rock concert.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 6:52 pm 
post-structuralist

I'm sure the sound varies according to the venue, friend.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

If you're the kind of person who is considering earplugs for a concert ... go ahead and take 'em, regardless of where your seat is.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

how old are you?

I found it surprising too but the guy said that he now has ringing in his ears constantly for years after that night.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:06 pm 
Polluted

mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

how old are you?

I found it surprising too but the guy said that he now has ringing in his ears constantly for years after that night.

Maybe he's just a jerk and people are always talking shit about him?

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

how old are you?

which nite was that? perhaps he made it to one of the small club shows back in the day and was too close to the speakers

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:34 pm 
Future Drummer

No clue, he said it was at MSG. I thought it was weird too but hey...what do I know, I never did it so just was wondering lol

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

mikejasond wrote:
No clue, he said it was at MSG. I thought it was weird too but hey...what do I know, I never did it so just was wondering lol

so you have never been to a concert at all, or just not a PJ show? if you have been to many other shows, id say PJs volume is just average compared to most, not too quiet and not too loud

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
A Return To Form

Louder than war.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:42 pm 
Future Drummer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

so you have never been to a concert at all, or just not a PJ show? if you have been to many other shows, id say PJs volume is just average compared to most, not too quiet and not too loud

Now that I think about it I forgot two...I've seen Van Halen at MSG, Aerosmith at Nassau Coliseum, and Maroon 5, Police, and Rush at Jones Beach. So I've been to a couple but not very many. And at none of those was I ever very close. I have no idea what it's like to be right up there by the stage. For all I knew it could make a huge difference, I only really ever thought about it because of that guy talking about his ears ringing and suggesting ear plugs if I got into the pit.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:43 pm 
Future Drummer

:facepalm:

There are so many things wrong with this thread. From many different angles.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

@SkitchP wrote:
I hear the GA pit at the europeon shows can be killer.

i dont know if i would have gotten killed, but i did almost get beat up in one :oops:

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
Future Drummer

lol cmon...what's wrong with it? I saw a guy saying that, I thought it was a strange thing to say and I was just curious whether that was actually the case or not.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live