The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6006
What are some of the best ones? I've only head one from Toronto. I renewed my 10C membership (not really sure why, but I did), and I guess they give you a download code for a bootleg. I see a bunch of Euro and South American ones, but have no idea where to even start.

So for the people here who have heard a few of the boots from 2011 and 2012, what one do you think is the best? Or what are some of your favorites?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Posts: 1498
Lima (11/18/2011) is the best show I've heard from the last few years. I would download that one. Rio (11/06/2011), Toronto II (9/12/2011), Saskatoon (9/19/2011), Berlin II (7/05/2012) and Pensacola (9/21/2012) are pretty good too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13113
From 2011: toronto, Rio, Lima, Bs As....and from 2012 most of them are good, with pensacola being great..and amsterdam 2 being fucking awesome.

_________________
BONE FUCKINĀ“ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 607
darth_vedder wrote:
What are some of the best ones? I've only head one from Toronto. I renewed my 10C membership (not really sure why, but I did), and I guess they give you a download code for a bootleg. I see a bunch of Euro and South American ones, but have no idea where to even start.

So for the people here who have heard a few of the boots from 2011 and 2012, what one do you think is the best? Or what are some of your favorites?



Because they are coming to a city near you in the Fall!

Thanks for the info Matt Reeder.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Posts: 1498
VinylGuy wrote:
From 2011: toronto, Rio, Lima, Bs As....and from 2012 most of them are good, with pensacola being great..and amsterdam 2 being fucking awesome.


I was actually pretty underwhelmed by Amsterdam 2. I'm a stickler for Ed's voice and he didn't sound very strong at either of the Amsterdam shows in my opinion.

I don't know what he was doing in Peru but he sounded 10 years younger that night in Lima.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13113
matt reeder wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
From 2011: toronto, Rio, Lima, Bs As....and from 2012 most of them are good, with pensacola being great..and amsterdam 2 being fucking awesome.


I was actually pretty underwhelmed by Amsterdam 2. I'm a stickler for Ed's voice and he didn't sound very strong at either of the Amsterdam shows in my opinion.

I don't know what he was doing in Peru but he sounded 10 years younger that night in Lima.


i thought he sounded good in amsterdam 2, and the setlist is really nice too.

yeah peru is great...but most of the SA shows have a powerful energy too.

_________________
BONE FUCKINĀ“ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11370
There's only a few I'd really recommend, Lima from 2011 is definitely the best of the last few years. Get that if you only get one. I also remembered kind of liking Stockholm from 2012 and possibly Saskatoon from 2011.

Overall, the 2011 and 2012 shows were very weak (to me) but the boots sound great, so at least there's that. It's a shame the 2008-2010 bootlegs sound so terrible, there were some strong shows buried in there (stronger than the recent ones, anyway.)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6006
Hatfield wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
What are some of the best ones? I've only head one from Toronto. I renewed my 10C membership (not really sure why, but I did), and I guess they give you a download code for a bootleg. I see a bunch of Euro and South American ones, but have no idea where to even start.

So for the people here who have heard a few of the boots from 2011 and 2012, what one do you think is the best? Or what are some of your favorites?



Because they are coming to a city near you in the Fall!

Thanks for the info Matt Reeder.


:lol: Hope you're right!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6006
Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D

I went with Lima. I've listened to it once, and yeah, it does sound better than the ones I have from 2008. I'm no audiophile, but it sounds more dense. The band is pretty tight too, and the crowd is great. Matt stands out on a few tracks too.

Ed also sounds better, as y'all have mentioned, but man, his voice just aint the same. On the old board, I went on a rant how I hate his warble. It didn't bother as much on this particular boot, but it's still there. Also, the "h" he likes to add to a lot of things is kinda annoying. For example: "I'm still a-Li-hive". I don't know maybe he's done this for a long time now, but I don't remember it as much on the 2003 and below boots. After '03, I only have like 6 boots, a spenno compilation, and Live on Ten Legs, so I'm not as familiar with them live as I was from '98 to '03 (where I have like 30 boots).

Overall though, Lima is a very solid boot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2013 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1577
Location: Heathrow, FL
Cananda 2011

Montreal
Ottawa
Saskatoon
Edmonton

SA
Aregentina
Lima

2012 Euro
Werchter Festival
Berlin 1 & 2
Stockholm
Oslo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2013 9:34 pm 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12289
Location: Mizzou
darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D

I went with Lima. I've listened to it once, and yeah, it does sound better than the ones I have from 2008. I'm no audiophile, but it sounds more dense. The band is pretty tight too, and the crowd is great. Matt stands out on a few tracks too.

Ed also sounds better, as y'all have mentioned, but man, his voice just aint the same. On the old board, I went on a rant how I hate his warble. It didn't bother as much on this particular boot, but it's still there. Also, the "h" he likes to add to a lot of things is kinda annoying. For example: "I'm still a-Li-hive". I don't know maybe he's done this for a long time now, but I don't remember it as much on the 2003 and below boots. After '03, I only have like 6 boots, a spenno compilation, and Live on Ten Legs, so I'm not as familiar with them live as I was from '98 to '03 (where I have like 30 boots).

Overall though, Lima is a very solid boot.


It started around 2007/2008 I think. There were hints of it earlier though. I hate it too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 602
Do the download codes expire? I have one from like August that I never redeemed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 10:48 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 54
berlin 1-2 are great, both toronto!
amsterdam 1-2

i think these are the must-haves from those tours...south america are one or two great recordings too!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 and 2012 Bootlegs
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
Copenhagen 2012 is a great example of an incredible show to be at, everything there energy and set list. And you get the boot, and its just not the same. I'd still recommend it though. Definitely more than Oslo.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat April 21, 2018 12:00 am