The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: Era of the moment: 1993-1994
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 2:11 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

stip wrote:
i was on the floor and left during the initial rush. back of the lawn, not the seats

Wait, do I know you? Also my first show. Also in the mosh pit for the first few songs that ran to the side so I could just chill out. I remember being super excited throughout the show and jumping up and down with my hands on my girlfriend's shoulders until she got mad cause she was wet. I also remember taking 3 hours to get out of the damn parking lot.

On John Popper, we kept wondering about that fat security guard through parts of the show. I only went this night, and missed night 2, and then promised myself I would never get screwed like that again (even though the first show was so much fun). This is how I reasoned going to both MSG shows every time they've played there.

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 5:37 pm 
The worst

our car battery actually died on us waiting to get out of that lot. A cop had to jump us

And you probably don't. I go by stip everywhere

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 6:32 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Oh, I'm sure I don't know you literally - we seem to just share many similar viewpoints on things Pearl Jam and happen to share the same first concert.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 12:07 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Is there even video footage of Atlanta 94? Cdnt find any on YouTube

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 5:20 am 
Posting (live)

VS release was anticipated and got it the day of release (with free tshirt). I lived that album all summer.

Vitalogy was a different beast altogether. I'd had Fight For Your Cause and New Songs for 6 months before Vitalogy hit. A mate worked in a record store and I got a copy about a month before release. I worked in a studio so I copied it to DAT and then cassette. I had so many mates after copies that I made the deal that they had to buy it from this store through me and I'd do them a copy. Man I felt like I had the holy grail.

We went to a listening party held by Sony at a bar in Paddington and smoked the hugest J. I couldn't stop singing along and the Sony rep was mightily pissed at me. I just fucking drank more free booze and grinned my arse off.

The day of release I picked up my 10-11 copies (mine free as I got a 10% discount), free tshirt and poster. My mate got a bonus for extra sales that month, I got free shit and my mates got an early leaked copy plus the CD day of release. And then we all got majorly fucked up that night and pored over the artwork. Fucking great month of my life which then lead to camping out for 3 days for tickets for their first Australian tour. Awesome seats and the best gig of my life (to then? not sure if it has been bettered). Can anyone better this run of tracks: GO, STBC, Last Exit, Tremor, Animal, Corduroy, NFY, SOLAT, EF,Daughter/WMA, Whipping, Got ID, RVM, Alive, Porch.

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 5:11 pm 
A Return To Form

dimejinky99 wrote:
Vs was what hooked me in. I thought Pj were a god awful cock rock band up to that point. It still embarrasses me some of it. Vs is too class

Me too. :wave:

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 6:22 pm 
The worst

I remember a local radio station played Vitalogy a few weeks before it came out (the vinyl release). I missed it but a friend taped it. The first 2 minutes of last exit were cut off, as was half of immorality (and no stupid mop) but I listened to the rest of that tape a few dozen times in the weeks before that album came out. That hit me unbelievably hard unbelievably quick

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 7:34 pm 

AMAZING Album Stip......My top favorite after 19 years

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 10:42 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I had the vinyl a week before the cd/tape came out I felt super cool.

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 10:59 pm 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

yofismom wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Vs was what hooked me in. I thought Pj were a god awful cock rock band up to that point. It still embarrasses me some of it. Vs is too class

Me too. :wave:

I'm the same to a degree. I loved Alive and Even Flow but really disliked most of the other songs on Ten. Vs was a bit grittier. Rearviewmirror, Animal and Go I played to death. Listening to it now Vs does feel a bit under done but I'm glad they didn't repeat the production of Ten.

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2013 2:29 am 

I actually appreciate the original production of 10. I mean, come on, album didn't sell 10xs platinum for nothing.

WHY TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WASN'T BROKEN?!

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2013 2:34 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

I'm not entirely convinced an album sells millions primarily because of the production values but no doubt that was a part of it. It was very of its time but unfortunately that means it sounds dated once that time has passed.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 11:16 pm 

Was just in bar on way home after work. ...was sipping JW Black and there was a acoustic band playing there. ...they played ELDERLY WOMAN and did it good. ....

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam