Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: I think Eddie Vedder might be a better guitarist than St

Thu August 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah and Ed's guitar parts are so difficult :haha:

Thu August 03, 2017 4:13 pm

That was mostly a joke, I was just kidding there.

I know that Stone can technically play harder more complicated parts than Ed. I just think Ed plays his parts BETTER than Stone would playing the same part.

Hearing Wishlist live. Didnt know Eddie played the main part of that. It sounds great.

Thu August 03, 2017 4:14 pm

THAT'S BARELY EVEN A PART

Thu August 03, 2017 4:17 pm

So its impressive then, that Eddie can make a simple part stand out and give it life and energy

Thu August 03, 2017 6:30 pm

mikejasond wrote:That was mostly a joke, I was just kidding there.

I know that Stone can technically play harder more complicated parts than Ed. I just think Ed plays his parts BETTER than Stone would playing the same part.

Hearing Wishlist live. Didnt know Eddie played the main part of that. It sounds great.

That's usually how it works. If someone writes a part they are going to play it in a certain way that it's almost impossible to recreate exactly.

But seriously, Ed couldn't even begin to play some of the stuff stone came up with. SO UNFUCK YO LIFE, BRAH.

Thu August 03, 2017 6:50 pm

And now I'm realizing the frequently butchered Black intro is...STONE!!!!

Seriously every time I hear a guitar part that live doesn't touch the album its Stone

Every time I hear a guitar part Im impressed with standing out...its Eddie (or Mike soloing of course).

The only thing that could further this is finding out that Stone plays yellow ledbetter, but Im pretty sure that one is Mike.

Thu August 03, 2017 6:50 pm

And now I'm realizing the frequently butchered Black intro is...STONE!!!!

Seriously every time I hear a guitar part that live doesn't touch the album its Stone

Every time I hear a guitar part Im impressed with standing out...its Eddie (or Mike soloing of course).

The only thing that could further this is finding out that Stone plays yellow ledbetter, but Im pretty sure that one is Mike.

Thu August 03, 2017 7:05 pm

mikejasond wrote:And now I'm realizing the frequently butchered Black intro is...STONE!!!!

"Man, Ed. You are nailing that G chord. Random picking, even??? YESSSSS!"

GTFO

Thu August 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Django Butterworth wrote:
mikejasond wrote:And now I'm realizing the frequently butchered Black intro is...STONE!!!!

"Man, Ed. You are nailing that G chord. Random picking, even??? YESSSSS!"

GTFO

:haha:

Thu August 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Doesnt it say something that Stone CAN'T play a satisfactory G chord? Like yes I agree in terms of being able to play more complicated stuff Stone wins, but if stone and eddie can both play a part, Eddie will make that part sound better than Stone will

Thu August 03, 2017 8:17 pm

mikejasond wrote:Doesnt it say something that Stone CAN'T play a satisfactory G chord? Like yes I agree in terms of being able to play more complicated stuff Stone wins, but if stone and eddie can both play a part, Eddie will make that part sound better than Stone will

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously. Ed is a serviceable guitarist but he's a singer and songwriter first and foremost. Comparing him to Stone is like saying Stone plays better leads than Mike. Shit just ain't true.

Thu August 03, 2017 9:01 pm

mikejasond wrote:So its impressive then, that Eddie can make a simple part stand out and give it life and energy

I'm thinking you just like things played vigorously with no dynamics.

Thu August 03, 2017 9:26 pm

i think he just has a boner for Ed

Thu August 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Django Butterworth wrote:
mikejasond wrote:Doesnt it say something that Stone CAN'T play a satisfactory G chord? Like yes I agree in terms of being able to play more complicated stuff Stone wins, but if stone and eddie can both play a part, Eddie will make that part sound better than Stone will

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously. Ed is a serviceable guitarist but he's a singer and songwriter first and foremost. Comparing him to Stone is like saying Stone plays better leads than Mike. Shit just ain't true.

Eh.....

I picked up the guitar because of mike and i am a straight fucking copy cat, but stones leads are often times far more interesting.....

Mon August 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Listening to the Portland '13 bootleg on Sirius XM....

Sirens...the end where it gets acoustic and does the extended outro.

I dont even need a video to tell that that's Stone making it sound awful

Mon August 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Actually Stone plays electric on that song. Ed plays the acoustic at the end.

Mon August 07, 2017 8:29 pm

lol. its true, mikejasnd

Mon August 07, 2017 8:34 pm

oh my

Mon August 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Ouch

Mon August 07, 2017 8:48 pm

he just mikejasond himself!