The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Cumberland, RI
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1316
Simple Torture wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.


They were fun shows as always but I dunno, they might be my least favorite multi-night Boston run they've ever done


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51362
Location: Sector 7-G
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.


They were fun shows as always but I dunno, they might be my least favorite multi-night Boston run they've ever done

06 was worse, iirc


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9937
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
cutuphalfdead wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.


They were fun shows as always but I dunno, they might be my least favorite multi-night Boston run they've ever done

06 was worse, iirc


Those 2004 Boston shows were rough.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51362
Location: Sector 7-G
CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.


They were fun shows as always but I dunno, they might be my least favorite multi-night Boston run they've ever done

06 was worse, iirc


Those 2004 Boston shows were rough.

like i said, iirc


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9937
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
cutuphalfdead wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'd pay $100+ for a boxset of the two Boston 2004 shows.


Why? They weren't that good


I thought they were great but that the sound inside was awful. Would like to hear a well-mixed version.


They were fun shows as always but I dunno, they might be my least favorite multi-night Boston run they've ever done

06 was worse, iirc


Those 2004 Boston shows were rough.

like i said, iirc


I wasn't arguing with you. IIRC, one of those 2006 shows featured a great main set with a terrible encore and the other show featured a great encore with a terrible main set.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6101
Man, this thing sounds great -- this show was such a huge part of my early fandom, hearing it in this quality is a real treat. Jack's fills during the bridge to "Dissident" are a great example of why he was PJ's best drummer -- surprising, full of tension, teasing that launch back into the chorus three times before finally delivering. I love it --more of this please, 10C.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 361
Kevin Davis wrote:
They really should look at how the Grateful Dead put out their "Dicks Picks" and "From the Vault" series. Sometimes full shows, but oftentimes they were partial shows cobbled into excellent 3-4 disc comps comprising a tour or run of shows. Seems like an obvious way of making the most out of the "no full shows in the vault" obstacle.


Absolutely agree. Go through what they have in good quality from, say, fall 1993 or spring 1994. Those could be great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8383
Location: Franklin, MA
The thing that really grabs me is this version of Eddie. This is the best Eddie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Australia
I forgot how good this gig is. It sounds really great now. I'd almost forgot about the old cynical Eddie after listening to mainly newer boots the last decade. I love that Not For You spoken intro. And that original Habit outro jam is tasty too. The gig still got a bit of that '94 live fire in the belly but not yet the more professional older rock band of the '98 tour energy.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
this the first show i ever traded tapes for


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51362
Location: Sector 7-G
bodysnatcher wrote:
this the first show i ever traded tapes for

so what did you trade?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
mray10 wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
They really should look at how the Grateful Dead put out their "Dicks Picks" and "From the Vault" series. Sometimes full shows, but oftentimes they were partial shows cobbled into excellent 3-4 disc comps comprising a tour or run of shows. Seems like an obvious way of making the most out of the "no full shows in the vault" obstacle.


Absolutely agree. Go through what they have in good quality from, say, fall 1993 or spring 1994. Those could be great.


I love this idea.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Mon January 29, 2018 5:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
this the first show i ever traded tapes for

so what did you trade?


The 6/20/95 red rocks show

I can't even remember what I had for dinner 3 nights ago, but I remember that


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Cumberland, RI
bodysnatcher wrote:
I can't even remember what I had for dinner 3 nights ago


You don't take pictures of all your meals?

Spoiler: show
CHOMP

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Tue June 26, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9169
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Only just got around to taking this out of the cellophane - and giving it a spin at the moment

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6781
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Rangi Guy wrote:
Only just got around to taking this out of the cellophane - and giving it a spin at the moment

I've been sitting here waiting for your thoughts for over 2 hours now. You're an epic tease.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9169
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
evenslow wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Only just got around to taking this out of the cellophane - and giving it a spin at the moment

I've been sitting here waiting for your thoughts for over 2 hours now. You're an epic tease.

I got a paper-cut under my fingernail ripping the cellophane off

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6781
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Rangi Guy wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Only just got around to taking this out of the cellophane - and giving it a spin at the moment

I've been sitting here waiting for your thoughts for over 2 hours now. You're an epic tease.

I got a paper-cut under my fingernail ripping the cellophane off

You operate in dribs and drabs. I can dig it.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9169
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
evenslow wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Only just got around to taking this out of the cellophane - and giving it a spin at the moment

I've been sitting here waiting for your thoughts for over 2 hours now. You're an epic tease.

I got a paper-cut under my fingernail ripping the cellophane off

You operate in dribs and drabs. I can dig it.

I got through side A and side B, then had to put my daughter to bed, will get back to it once she wakes up again

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon September 24, 2018 12:19 pm