The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 15, 2017 5:46 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Shecter PT and Hi Watt is the best Ed tone.

Even ed's fender setup in the 94-96 era is better than today. I dont enjoy his tone at all these days.

Team Strat! The Schecter and the 94-96 Tele era are both the frontrunners.

Yes

PostPosted: Sun April 16, 2017 12:12 am 
Poster of the Year

wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Shecter PT and Hi Watt is the best Ed tone.

Even ed's fender setup in the 94-96 era is better than today. I dont enjoy his tone at all these days.

Team Strat! The Schecter and the 94-96 Tele era are both the frontrunners.

Yes

agreed

Post subject: Pearl Jam Gear
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 5:26 am 
Banned from the Pit

Is there a section to discuss Pearl Jam Gear? Guitars amps etc ?

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Gear
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 5:27 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I might get a shirt now.

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Gear
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 5:39 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

We have a thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=963&p=30923

PostPosted: Sat February 15, 2020 10:22 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Mike Lull, Seattle-based guitar tech and luthier, has passed away.

He made tons of basses for Jeff, including his current custom model.

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/mikelullcustom ... 7114914348

It is with tremendous sadness that we share that our great leader and company’s founder, Mike Lull, unexpectedly passed away on the 12th of February, 2020.

Mike was a visionary and inspiration for the Music community, and he left his indelible mark on every instrument he ever touched and every customer he ever helped. In fact, Mike never considered anyone “customers”, they were all his friends.

Mike’s dedicated staff and family will be carrying on his legacy as this is what Mike wanted.

If you would like to send your condolences, feel free to reach out at mike@mikelull.com or stop by the shop at any time.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 7:51 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Quote:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/31256-fender-unveils-new-signature-models-from-mike-mccready-jason-isbell-chrissie-hynde-and-more

Mike McCready 1960 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster ($15,000 USD, £13,399, €14,999, $21,999 AUD, ¥1,750,000 JPY)

In this first-time collaboration between Fender and Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist Mike McCready, the Fender Custom Shop is honored to re-create this incredible instrument in exact detail, and in doing so a long held secret about the guitar’s lineage was forced to be revealed to its owner: the Strat was actually constructed in 1960, not 1959 as had long been believed. For this limited 60-piece Masterbuilt run, the Custom Shop’s Vincent Van Trigt carefully disassembled the guitar in order to note and measure every detail, curve and scratch - and there are plenty of scratches, thanks to McCready’s exuberant style! The recreation features an ultimate Relic lacquer finish on a two-piece select alder body; a flat-sawn flame maple neck with a 1960 “oval C” profile; and a flat-lam rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage frets. Custom Josefina hand-wound pickups matched to the originals are connected to a five-way switch and vintage wiring, including a “treble bleed” tone capacitor. Other features include a three-ply vinyl pickguard, vintage-style synchronized tremolo with Callaham bridge block, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with metal spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, polishing cloth, McCready case candy kit and certificate of authenticity. Available February 2021.

There's going to at least a few Pearl Jam fans dumb (and rich) enough to buy this, isn't there?

Good grief.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 12:32 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/31256-fender-unveils-new-signature-models-from-mike-mccready-jason-isbell-chrissie-hynde-and-more

Mike McCready 1960 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster ($15,000 USD, £13,399, €14,999, $21,999 AUD, ¥1,750,000 JPY)

In this first-time collaboration between Fender and Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist Mike McCready, the Fender Custom Shop is honored to re-create this incredible instrument in exact detail, and in doing so a long held secret about the guitar’s lineage was forced to be revealed to its owner: the Strat was actually constructed in 1960, not 1959 as had long been believed. For this limited 60-piece Masterbuilt run, the Custom Shop’s Vincent Van Trigt carefully disassembled the guitar in order to note and measure every detail, curve and scratch - and there are plenty of scratches, thanks to McCready’s exuberant style! The recreation features an ultimate Relic lacquer finish on a two-piece select alder body; a flat-sawn flame maple neck with a 1960 “oval C” profile; and a flat-lam rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage frets. Custom Josefina hand-wound pickups matched to the originals are connected to a five-way switch and vintage wiring, including a “treble bleed” tone capacitor. Other features include a three-ply vinyl pickguard, vintage-style synchronized tremolo with Callaham bridge block, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with metal spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, polishing cloth, McCready case candy kit and certificate of authenticity. Available February 2021.

There's going to at least a few Pearl Jam fans dumb (and rich) enough to buy this, isn't there?

Good grief.

Eek. At first glance I thought maybe they were auctioning this thing off. Why in the hell is thing priced so goddamn high.

PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2021 11:26 pm 
Broken Tamborine

One thing that fascinates me is that despite having fretless bass guitars, Jeff also uses uprights. I wonder what the attraction is.

PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2021 11:29 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:
One thing that fascinates me is that despite having fretless bass guitars, Jeff also uses uprights. I wonder what the attraction is.

im sure its the sound.

PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2021 11:32 pm 
The Master

Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:

It’s the wooly sustain

PostPosted: Sat January 16, 2021 2:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it allows him a few minutes to rest his haunches mid-set

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat January 16, 2021 2:16 pm 
Broken Tamborine

It makes sense, just listening to the bass lines. NAIS for example, has a lot of long notes. It fascinates me as someone who has guitar, bass and is just starting to get my slide up. The whole slide-on-a-fretless issue deserves a thread of its own. I guess if your fingertips are done for the day...

PostPosted: Sat January 16, 2021 3:11 pm 
mXn

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:

Good grief.

Eek. At first glance I thought maybe they were auctioning this thing off. Why in the hell is thing priced so goddamn high.

Because they know Theo Epstein will pay that much?

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:00 am 
mXn

Alright guys I spent the day getting baby all set up in the garage. Who wants to jam?

https://ibb.co/Yk4g4by

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:03 am 
mXn

How do I display it here? The usual img code didn’t work.

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
Alright guys I spent the day getting baby all set up in the garage. Who wants to jam?

i keep my instruments next to my tankless WH as well

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:09 am 
mXn

96583UP wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Only way to do it

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Only way to do it

it is the place in the home no one else wants, and where we are safe

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2021 2:16 am 
mXn

Seriously how do I [img] code that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam