Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Pearl Jam Anthology Book

Sun April 23, 2017 10:10 pm

This will be out of date in 5 years when the new album comes out, though.

Sun April 23, 2017 10:29 pm

I may consider buying this from somewhere that doesn't charge US$40 shipping :shake:

I wonder if we'll finally get confirmation on what the dream speak lyrics are in the bridge of In My Tree.

Are there any other great lyrical mysteries left to be solved?...

Sun April 23, 2017 10:39 pm

These lines from I Got Shit used to be quite the point of discussion (and I'm sure there's still some who disagree):

And I stare you back
What a blue-eyed scene

Sun April 23, 2017 10:42 pm

ridleybradout wrote:I may consider buying this from somewhere that doesn't charge US$40 shipping :shake:

I wonder if we'll finally get confirmation on what the dream speak lyrics are in the bridge of In My Tree.

Yellow fucking Ledbetter

Sun April 23, 2017 10:56 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:I may consider buying this from somewhere that doesn't charge US$40 shipping :shake:

Yellow fucking Ledbetter

Looks like it's album tracks only.

Sun April 23, 2017 11:19 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:These lines from I Got Shit used to be quite the point of discussion (and I'm sure there's still some who disagree):

And I stare you back
What a blue-eyed scene

i'm hoping this is in there, but it looks like it probably isn't.. "providing scores of every song from Pearl Jam albums Ten through Lightning Bolt, plus three bonus singles."

my take was always:

and i stare you bare

it's definitely not anything about staying in a bed or whatever..

Sun April 23, 2017 11:45 pm

dprival78 wrote:"providing scores of every song from Pearl Jam albums Ten through Lightning Bolt, plus three bonus singles."

Last Kiss, SOLAT/Breath (it's a single now :ohyeah!: ) and Man of The Hour?

Sun April 23, 2017 11:47 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:If you go to pj's instagram page they have a small video previewing it. Can't link it

Looks cool tho

I can find no such video.

Sun April 23, 2017 11:50 pm

ridleybradout wrote:
dprival78 wrote:"providing scores of every song from Pearl Jam albums Ten through Lightning Bolt, plus three bonus singles."

I doubt they'd include the b-sides. Last Kiss, Man of the Hour, Ole?

Mon April 24, 2017 12:09 am

This is great and a very reasonable price for the number of songs and quality. I won't buy it, but cool for those who do.

Mon April 24, 2017 12:16 am

this is the least worst merch release they have done in a long time

if i were in high school / college with oh so much time on my hands to play music this would be a real nice thing...

Mon April 24, 2017 12:17 am

Simple Torture wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

I doubt they'd include the b-sides. Last Kiss, Man of the Hour, Ole?

YL, SoLaT and Breath.

Mon April 24, 2017 12:29 am

Shit, I hope they automatically count Lost Dogs and RVM among the "albums" between Ten and Lightning Bolt. If not, that sucks.

Mon April 24, 2017 12:43 am

Damn it, nope. 127 songs on the albums. It's the "Complete" Scores.

Mon April 24, 2017 2:59 pm

If all my favorite bands released something like this I would be the wealthiest man on earth... even though I already play most of these songs, there is no way in hell I'm not buying this beautiful baby

Mon April 24, 2017 3:13 pm

really excited for this. I'll be buying it Amazon Prime with free shipping though.

Mon April 24, 2017 4:17 pm

So I guess they aren't writing anymore songs? Bc then this book would be incomplete.

Mon April 24, 2017 4:21 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:So I guess they aren't writing anymore songs? Bc then this book would be incomplete.

Maybe we'll get some more b-sides? Lost Dogs isn't in there.. :?

Mon April 24, 2017 5:15 pm

The word Complete on this book is freaking lots of people out, so they're doing some pr tweeting:

"I think once you create stuff, you wanna keep doing it as long as you can." - @MikeMcCreadyPJ

I mean, I hope we get new music and this book is pretty cool, but Lost Dogs should be in it for it to be considered "Complete". Christmas Singles and soundtrack appearances as well. It says Complete Works, but it is in fact, incomplete. I will buy this or request it for a Christmas or Birthday present. It doesn't appear to be limited..

Mon April 24, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm saving my money for the DtE book
Post a reply