Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?

Sun December 03, 2017 12:26 am

So....

S/T sounds fine on Vinyl and my system.

I can sense how its a little less abrasive and a bit easier to aurally digest.

However, it is absolutely obvious the glaring "mistakes" when you listen on headphones. This leads me to believe that the band, BOB, and whoever else involved are all about the "Car test", and how it sounds blasting in a room on a sound system. I wonder if they actually ever mix or master any of their music these days diligently with headphones and a clean/undamaged ear.

Sun December 03, 2017 12:31 am

And him burying that lead guitar fill in Parachutes is worse than any fucking fade out.

Fuck you BOB.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:07 am

All i need is Binaural.

Anyone got it?

Sun December 03, 2017 1:08 am

VinylGuy wrote:All i need is Binaural.

Anyone got it?

Listening to it right now.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:10 am

Strat wrote:

Anyone got it?

Please report back.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:11 am

VinylGuy wrote:
Strat wrote:

Anyone got it?

Please report back.

Sounds like Binaural to me!

Really, 3 tracks in and first listen.....doesnt sound any different than the original pressing. Im glad I got it. I have the original but its older and a bit dusty! So now I have two copies of Binaural/The best album ever.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:22 am

It is absolutely absurd how much better this (and riot act) sound compared to S/t -> lightning bolt. Geezes christ.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:34 am

also, my reissue copy of Binaural does not say "Binaural" on the front like my Original copy does.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:35 am

Can we talk about how great the artwork is for both Binaural and Riot Act blown up to Vinyl size?

Sun December 03, 2017 1:36 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:Can we talk about how great the artwork is for both Binaural and Riot Act blown up to Vinyl size?

Its so beautiful.

Man, Binaural and Riot Act absolutely cemented me as a life long pj loser. They are why i can tolerate and enjoy anything they do now. I can't help it.

Sun December 03, 2017 1:38 am

Strat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Can we talk about how great the artwork is for both Binaural and Riot Act blown up to Vinyl size?

Its so beautiful.

Man, Binaural and Riot Act absolutely cemented me as a life long pj loser. They are why i can tolerate and enjoy anything they do now. I can't help it.

Same.

Sun December 03, 2017 3:33 am

I thought the remastered audio was going to be available for purchase digitally? Tim told me on a thread right after they were announced that they would. I’m dying to hear Binaural. Riot Act sounds great to me.

Sun December 03, 2017 5:26 am

Strat wrote:

Its so beautiful.

Binaural remains the only album I've ever owned for which the artwork served as my desktop background before the album was even recorded.

Sun December 03, 2017 5:28 am

McParadigm wrote:
Strat wrote:

Its so beautiful.

Binaural remains the only album I've ever owned for which the artwork served as my desktop background before the album was even recorded.

yea but what are your thoughts on the album?

Mon December 04, 2017 12:51 am

Can you spot the problem with this e-mail I received from Amazon today, December 3rd?

Mon December 04, 2017 1:24 am

B wrote:Can you spot the problem with this e-mail I received from Amazon today, December 3rd?

Same thing happened when I ordered a set of headphones with 2-day shipping. They said the arrival date will be in 2 weeks. So I cancelled their ass.

Mon December 04, 2017 1:47 am

Well, I'm paying $20.30 for that vinyl of Binaural. I ain't cancelling shit.

Mon December 04, 2017 1:50 am

I'm pretty happy with my Binaural vinyl. Makes me glad I didn't spring $300 odd a few months back on an original pressing

Still waiting on ST to come in

Mon December 04, 2017 2:15 am

B wrote:Can you spot the problem with this e-mail I received from Amazon today, December 3rd?

They're just alerting to you that it will ship in mid-December, not that they have it in stock now. I got the same email about my Riot Act vinyl. Hope the "estimate" is correct.

Mon December 04, 2017 2:25 am

I do love the artwork of Riot Act, but Binaural is a weird artwork for me. I do love both of the booklets. Those weird pics of the band playing, the written lyrics, some drawings...nice stuff.
Post a reply