Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?

Fri November 24, 2017 11:37 pm

My new mix Avocado LP arrived this week. No update to the credits to say where/when this was remixed, just the ‘New 2017 Mix by Brendan O’Brien’ sticker on the front. The artwork is properly sourced (unlike the Ten reissue) but is slightly enlarged, making the front cover slightly off centre :?

I didn’t do an AB with the digital version but it obviously sounds much the same, perhaps with less low end and better separation.

Mon November 27, 2017 3:06 pm

I finally own Binaural on vinyl. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Mon November 27, 2017 3:40 pm

I heard the newly mixed "Marker in the Sand" on Pearl Jam Sirius and it fucking sucked. Sounded like vox, drums and bass were brought way up at the expense of the jagged guitar riff aka the best part of the song.

Thu November 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Managed to pick up Binaural a couple of days ago - still waiting for Self Titled to come in though.

Fri December 01, 2017 12:15 am

I received my singles last week from soundstage.

Still no LPs. :|

Fri December 01, 2017 12:51 am

Teeeeeekay wrote:I received my singles last week from soundstage.

Still no LPs. :|

Yeah, I'm still waiting for LPs from Amazon.

Fri December 01, 2017 2:39 am

Got Binaural from Wal Mart and S/T from Amazon. Still waiting on Riot Act from Amazon.

Fri December 01, 2017 2:49 am

Ordered Riot Act, S/T, and Binaural from PJ about 2 weeks ago. Arrived tonight.

Spinning Riot Act now :)

Fri December 01, 2017 3:45 am

Strat wrote:Ordered Riot Act, S/T, and Binaural from PJ about 2 weeks ago. Arrived tonight.

Spinning Riot Act now :)

I didn't order from PJ out of principle. Joke's on me now I guess.

Fri December 01, 2017 4:08 am

Yea guys, its okay to support pearl jam still just because they've put out two subpar albums!

Fri December 01, 2017 4:09 am

Strat wrote:Yea guys, its okay to support pearl jam still just because they've put out two subpar albums!

It's not okay for them to charge outrageous international shipping fees though :evil:

Fri December 01, 2017 4:11 am

ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:Yea guys, its okay to support pearl jam still just because they've put out two subpar albums!

It's not okay for them to charge outrageous international shipping fees though :evil:

This is fair, no doubt.

Fri December 01, 2017 4:15 am

Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

This is fair, no doubt.

Joke's on me - I paid $43.99 shipping for the $50.00 Soldier Field Vault 7 Vinyl set :cry:

Fri December 01, 2017 4:22 am

ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

This is fair, no doubt.

Joke's on me - I paid $43.99 shipping for the $50.00 Soldier Field Vault 7 Vinyl set :cry:

Oof.

Fri December 01, 2017 4:23 am

ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

This is fair, no doubt.

$93.99??!?!

Pffft. I paid that much for the CD bootleg in 1996! Lol

Fri December 01, 2017 4:25 am

Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

This is fair, no doubt.

$93.99??!?!

At this stage I think it's the completist in me rather than the vinyl fetishist. The Vault vinyl packages are one of the few products PJ put out these days with decent quality control (and decent sound :nice: )

Fri December 01, 2017 4:26 am

ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

This is fair, no doubt.

$93.99??!?!

At this stage I think it's the completist in me rather than the vinyl fetishist. The Vault vinyl packages are one of the few products PJ put out these days with decent quality control (and decent sound :nice: )

Yea they actually sound really great. I ended up not purchasing this round though since it was incomplete and i decided to spend the money on the Album reissues.

The digital will suffice. I think.

Fri December 01, 2017 12:06 pm

I have no principle against purchasing from the Ten Club. For all the complaints, they've generally treated me well, but I AM a poor public servant with 3 kids about to face a tax increase that's going to save the economy. I can't justify doubling the price of my Pearl Jam purchases.

Fri December 01, 2017 12:20 pm

B wrote:

I have no principle against purchasing from the Ten Club. For all the complaints, they've generally treated me well, but I AM a poor public servant with 3 kids about to face a tax increase that's going to save the economy. I can't justify doubling the price of my Pearl Jam purchases.

Literally the same.

Fri December 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Got a shipping notice today.
Post a reply