The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 3:02 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

A buddy let me know that the FYE in the local mall was closing and they had vinyl for 50% off, so I picked up Binaural and Riot Act for 13 bucks each yesterday

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 3:12 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
A buddy let me know that the FYE in the local mall was closing and they had vinyl for 50% off, so I picked up Binaural and Riot Act for 13 bucks each yesterday

Damn!

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 9:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:nice:

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 11:04 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

Do the 2017 Avocado remixes come with different art/credits? I looked up the serial number for the Aussie 2017 mix and bought a cd copy today but there's nothing to indicate in the liner notes it's the Brendan O'Brien mix. DO any of you guys that own a physical copy have anything to distinguish the versions? I haven't been able to get near a cd player with good speakers yet to listen properly, am just a bit concerned I've bought the wrong cd based on discogs info.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 4:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I don’t recall the 2017 mixes being released on cd, for some reason I thought it was just digital and vinyl? Not sure about that though. Not at home now to look at my vinyl, but I know it came with a big hype sticker on the front about it being remixed

PostPosted: Fri January 04, 2019 6:28 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

bodysnatcher wrote:
I don’t recall the 2017 mixes being released on cd, for some reason I thought it was just digital and vinyl? Not sure about that though. Not at home now to look at my vinyl, but I know it came with a big hype sticker on the front about it being remixed

Yeah after writing this I waded through the Avocado thread and realised there was no 2017 cd remix. They just reissued the cd in Aus and Europe in 2017/18 the same time the 2017 vinyl got released but the cd is definitely the old mix. Well at least I can add a jewel case version of Avocado to the booklet version I already have :haha:

PostPosted: Sun November 27, 2022 5:31 pm 
The Master

Spending some time with the Binaural reissue today, which I just bought last week.

Pros: Kick drum sounds terrific on the Tchad-mixed songs. The BOB mixes feel a bit more spacious, with Insignificance immediately offering more room around the toms. Overall dynamic range is an improvement over my original CD/digital versions.

Cons: Pressing is fairly noisy. And whether it’s due to the original mix choices, or the digital sourcing, there’s still a lack of depth at places, with everything presented as fairly two-dimensional on the BOB mixes: Again, looking to Insignificance, that snare drum is pretty crowded out, with no sense of depth to the room. There’s a shallowness to everything, if that makes sense, as if every band member were lined up in a row and playing straight at me.

PostPosted: Mon November 28, 2022 2:51 am 
The Master

I pledge my grievance to the trag

PostPosted: Mon November 28, 2022 7:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:shake:

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2022 2:18 am 
A Return To Form

can we then assume the original vinyls are better than the remastered?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam