The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16894
Ok, I am coming around on the new version of ST. Inside Job benefits quite a bit, as does Come Back (Ed still sounds bad on Come Back, though).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12475
tragabigzanda wrote:
Ok, I am coming around on the new version of ST. Inside Job benefits quite a bit, as does Come Back (Ed still sounds bad on Come Back, though).

That's the one song it doesn't vastly improve Ed's presentation on, yeah.

End of the day, it's just too much of a style-hop exercise. Probably listened to My City of Ruins and thought "we should try being soulful, too." Also, Come Back and Inside Job are both closers. They shoulda picked one.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29084
these are definitely spotify mixes, as the lightning bolt songs sound different too. They're all a bit less upfront, and it's a bit easier to make out each distinct part. Eddie doesn't overpower everything. There are places where it's a bit sloppy, but it does make each song sound fresh and new. Worth a listen for the rediscovery.


The spotify ap (at least the free one) is almost impossible to use on my phone, and the desktop keeps cutting in live versions of these songs. I need someone to just rip all these songs to make my life easier.

_________________
Come vote in the Best of 1991-1996 Grunge Tournament. Starring Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, and 256 songs!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 470
Forgive my ingnorance I haven't purchased these reissues yet but weren't there a sh1t ton of bsides that didn't make it on ST and Avocado? Where are they?

_________________
"Can you visualize perfection?
Cause every ryder in my set
labelled a vet best in their profession
Don't hold your breath,
stick to Smith & Wesson
Steady study your lessons
to keep the crowd guessin"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
melonhead4 wrote:
Forgive my ingnorance I haven't purchased these reissues yet but weren't there a sh1t of bsides that didn't make it on ST and Avocado? Where are they?

Kurt Leon already leaked them all


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 470
Strat wrote:
melonhead4 wrote:
Forgive my ingnorance I haven't purchased these reissues yet but weren't there a sh1t of bsides that didn't make it on ST and Avocado? Where are they?

Kurt Leon already leaked them all



Wonderful looks like I missed the Love boat

_________________
"Can you visualize perfection?
Cause every ryder in my set
labelled a vet best in their profession
Don't hold your breath,
stick to Smith & Wesson
Steady study your lessons
to keep the crowd guessin"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
melonhead4 wrote:
Strat wrote:
melonhead4 wrote:
Forgive my ingnorance I haven't purchased these reissues yet but weren't there a sh1t of bsides that didn't make it on ST and Avocado? Where are they?

Kurt Leon already leaked them all



Wonderful looks like I missed the Love boat

pm user theplatypus

He'll send them out as he usually does! all good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
stip wrote:
these are definitely spotify mixes, as the lightning bolt songs sound different too. They're all a bit less upfront, and it's a bit easier to make out each distinct part. Eddie doesn't overpower everything. There are places where it's a bit sloppy, but it does make each song sound fresh and new. Worth a listen for the rediscovery.


The spotify ap (at least the free one) is almost impossible to use on my phone, and the desktop keeps cutting in live versions of these songs. I need someone to just rip all these songs to make my life easier.

im starting to pick up on the difference here.

Am i wrong in thinking some of this feels less....."loud wars" and a bit more dialed back?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Like - I can actually hear instances where stone or mike are ready to hit the next chord or note.....That brief pause or scrape on the strings....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Gonna See My Friend sounds more crisp, nuanced, and exact.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Strat wrote:
stip wrote:
these are definitely spotify mixes, as the lightning bolt songs sound different too. They're all a bit less upfront, and it's a bit easier to make out each distinct part. Eddie doesn't overpower everything. There are places where it's a bit sloppy, but it does make each song sound fresh and new. Worth a listen for the rediscovery.


The spotify ap (at least the free one) is almost impossible to use on my phone, and the desktop keeps cutting in live versions of these songs. I need someone to just rip all these songs to make my life easier.

im starting to pick up on the difference here.

Am i wrong in thinking some of this feels less....."loud wars" and a bit more dialed back?


They are certainly less loud on my headphones.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Man, I still love Eds performance on Come Back. I cannot understand how some of you dont. I think that was the last performance on record that Ed has come across so pure, authentic, and passionate.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
Strat wrote:
Gonna See My Friend sounds more crisp, nuanced, and exact.

I don't think there's anything to suggest Backspacer has been remastered yet, I don't know where that idea came from.

I just A/B'd the Spotify version of GSMF and it sounds exactly the same as the original.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gonna See My Friend sounds more crisp, nuanced, and exact.

I don't think there's anything to suggest Backspacer has been remastered yet, I don't know where that idea came from.

I just A/B'd the Spotify version of GSMF and it sounds exactly the same as the original.

Hey, i didnt say i was good at this stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
By the way, I've had no luck trying to rip S/T yet - I suspect there's some kind of Spotify weirdness at play to try and prevent that kind of thing.

:(

EDIT: Hang on, I may have spoken too soon. Update pending.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Guys:

I dont think there is anything I love more in PJ's career then the firing up of Binaural via Breakerfall.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gonna See My Friend sounds more crisp, nuanced, and exact.

I don't think there's anything to suggest Backspacer has been remastered yet, I don't know where that idea came from.

I just A/B'd the Spotify version of GSMF and it sounds exactly the same as the original.

Hey, i didnt say i was good at this stuff.

:lol:

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
Well, this sucks. Up until now, I've been listening to this new master on the mobile version of Spotify. In trying to record the stream, which I managed to successfully work out how to do, it became apparent that, no matter how I access the desktop version, it's always the old, bad master that seems to play - I've only been able to access the new master via the mobile app, which I can't record.

What's even worse is that, in my attempts to make this work, songs I was playing on the desktop version kept syncing to my phone (ie. I'd hit play on the desktop site but the song would start playing through my phone instead) and it appears somehow the old version has replaced the new master on my phone now too and I can't get rid of it, even after signing out, reinstalling the app, etc. Fuck Spotify, this is why I prefer CDs/downloads.

It could even be that Spotify have realised the error and withdrawn the new master, I'd be interested if anyone else is still able to access it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1788
Location: Rand McNally
Birds in Hell wrote:
Well, this sucks. Up until now, I've been listening to this new master on the mobile version of Spotify. In trying to record the stream, which I managed to successfully work out how to do, it became apparent that, no matter how I access the desktop version, it's always the old, bad master that seems to play - I've only been able to access the new master via the mobile app, which I can't record.

What's even worse is that, in my attempts to make this work, songs I was playing on the desktop version kept syncing to my phone (ie. I'd hit play on the desktop site but the song would start playing through my phone instead) and it appears somehow the old version has replaced the new master on my phone now too and I can't get rid of it, even after signing out, reinstalling the app, etc. Fuck Spotify, this is why I prefer CDs/downloads.

It could even be that Spotify have realised the error and withdrawn the new master, I'd be interested if anyone else is still able to access it.

I read that Spotify Premium saves tracks on your computer when you play them, so if you have the old versions it will play them instead of the new ones that recently went online. Apparently you can fix this by clearing the Spotify cache (not that I know how to do that).

I just checked and I still have access to the 'Spotify mix' so all good - I'll sign up for a trial premium account over the weekend and see if I can rip them :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
ridleybradout wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Well, this sucks. Up until now, I've been listening to this new master on the mobile version of Spotify. In trying to record the stream, which I managed to successfully work out how to do, it became apparent that, no matter how I access the desktop version, it's always the old, bad master that seems to play - I've only been able to access the new master via the mobile app, which I can't record.

What's even worse is that, in my attempts to make this work, songs I was playing on the desktop version kept syncing to my phone (ie. I'd hit play on the desktop site but the song would start playing through my phone instead) and it appears somehow the old version has replaced the new master on my phone now too and I can't get rid of it, even after signing out, reinstalling the app, etc. Fuck Spotify, this is why I prefer CDs/downloads.

It could even be that Spotify have realised the error and withdrawn the new master, I'd be interested if anyone else is still able to access it.

I read that Spotify Premium saves tracks on your computer when you play them, so if you have the old versions it will play them instead of the new ones that recently went online. Apparently you can fix this by clearing the Spotify cache (not that I know how to do that).

I just checked and I still have access to the 'Spotify mix' so all good - I'll sign up for a trial premium account over the weekend and see if I can rip them :thumbsup:

Excellent, hope it works out!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hawkeye and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 22, 2017 1:45 pm