The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5817
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image


nah, that's just what mike told me when we were out looking for records.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 365
bodysnatcher wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image


nah, that's just what mike told me when we were out looking for records.


Image

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image


nah, that's just what mike told me when we were out looking for records.


Image


damn straight, mf'er took my Beatles record


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

I thought Ed had gotten rid of his stalker?

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10798
Ed's kids must go to school somewhere, so I'd imagine he spends a lot more time in one place (probably Seattle, but that's just a presumption) than any other.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
evenslow wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

I thought Ed had gotten rid of his stalker?


only temporarily


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9052
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Birds in Hell wrote:
Ed's kids must go to school somewhere, so I'd imagine he spends a lot more time in one place (probably Seattle, but that's just a presumption) than any other.

I'd bet my left nut they're home schooled.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Birds in Hell wrote:
Ed's kids must go to school somewhere, so I'd imagine he spends a lot more time in one place (probably Seattle, but that's just a presumption) than any other.

I know he's got a place in Hawaii somewhere (Maui?) that he's at a lot.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image

Jesus BS, what color panties is Jill wearing right now?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image

Jesus BS, what color panties is Jill wearing right now?


what panties


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 5:29 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7662
Location: Not NYC
bodysnatcher wrote:
Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image

Jesus BS, what color panties is Jill wearing right now?


what panties

Image

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

Image

Jesus BS, what color panties is Jill wearing right now?


what panties

Image

I'm getting tired of holding this

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:22 am 
Online
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7939
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
This got mentioned again by a developer. He's speaking as though it's confirmed, but I'm not sure that it is.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/11 ... na-remodel

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
B wrote:
This got mentioned again by a developer. He's speaking as though it's confirmed, but I'm not sure that it is.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/11 ... na-remodel


How many shows a year does PJ play now? 30 at most over the last decade? What would that residency look like, once a month? I think it would be a great way to develop new material and just have fun with the music for a change, but yeah it's not very PRAMG.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does. If it even gets to the point to renovation.. this will likely be held up in public debate and on ballots for years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45142
bodysnatcher wrote:
Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does.

yeah, I mean they had a decade almost to sort out the Sonics situation and keep them from leaving, then did nothing in that time and then bitched and complained when they left.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:52 pm
Posts: 1041
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does.

yeah, I mean they had a decade almost to sort out the Sonics situation and keep them from leaving, then did nothing in that time and then bitched and complained when they left.

well at least we have a new album to look forward to in the meantime!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does.

yeah, I mean they had a decade almost to sort out the Sonics situation and keep them from leaving, then did nothing in that time and then bitched and complained when they left.


Par for the course


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 4204
at what point is PJ able to pull a bon jovi and lead an investor group for a seattle NBA franchise?

Spoiler: show
Tim Biermann as GM


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 12:53 pm