The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
McParadigm wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Great, now they will never play the midwest or south.

More time in arena schedules for farm equipment trade shows and hard metal co-touring acts who turn the stage sideways because hey only 1500 tickets were sold anyways.

The Tool/Primus tour is going to be sick:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/ ... 6-us-tour/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13188
Monkey_Driven wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Great, now they will never play the midwest or south.

More time in arena schedules for farm equipment trade shows and hard metal co-touring acts who turn the stage sideways because hey only 1500 tickets were sold anyways.


I guess we will get more Eric Church and Jason Aldean concerts.

Nothing like sitting on hay bales, drinking watery beer, and watching 60 year old members of Styx and REO Speedwagon get the trailer mamas all riled up.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
If I'm reading everything right, Seattle is the next big bet to get an NBA team and possibly an NHL team. There are two major bids to make Key Arena into the proper destination for that (and music).

Pearl Jam threw their lot in with the group that is known for making concert venues top of the line (Madison Square Garden, The Forum). They get a semblance of control over the process and venue sound/acoustics in exchange for doing a residency in a building that improves life in their home city while keeping them closer to their families. I could see why they'd want to do this.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13188
Jesus Christ I almost felt a bit of nostalgia just now.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5315
I think this is kinda neat. Good for them if it happens.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 02, 2013 12:53 pm
Posts: 323
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ugh. I love Seattle, it used to be my home, and I get the seeing PJ there, but to have a residency in the far corner of the country seems dumb. Have it in Oklahoma City or something more centralized.



They would still do tours as well I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 712
Location: WI
Cool. As an upper midwestern fan who doesn't get to see them that often (and who loves Seattle), this is totally the kind of thing I would plan a vacation around.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9051
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
Jesus Christ I almost felt a bit of nostalgia just now.

What the fuck is wrong with you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13188
wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Jesus Christ I almost felt a bit of nostalgia just now.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Go to bed mom you are still drunk.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9051
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Jesus Christ I almost felt a bit of nostalgia just now.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Go to bed mom you are still drunk.

:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8204
Location: An office full of assholes
Oh cool, James Dolan. He seems like a really neat guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Oh cool, James Dolan. He seems like a really neat guy.

Maybe he can open for PJ.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Oslo, Norway
This sounds like a great idea. I really hope it works out. Hopefully will give them time to make records as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10282
Location: Mizzou
tmcs wrote:
Cool. As an upper midwestern fan who doesn't get to see them that often (and who loves Seattle), this is totally the kind of thing I would plan a vacation around.


True.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 1:10 am
Posts: 2169
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 365
A residency? lmao the band's transition into bon jovi is complete

rip pearl jam 1991 - 2006

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: CT
evenslow wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Oh cool, James Dolan. He seems like a really neat guy.

Maybe he can open for PJ.


imagine he and eddie trading verses on the JD and the straight shot classic "better find a church"?

oh man...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
i guess i'd be cool with it.

wife: "nothing on the books for the weekend. wanna go see pearl jam?"
me: "nah, i think i'm playing golf saturday and sunday. next weekend?"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29102
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?


mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 8:58 am