Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

McCready's new band / tried to work with Cobain

Thu February 28, 2013 8:06 pm

new McCready interview at www.theweeklyfeed.org

Re: McCready's new band / tried to work with Cobain

Thu February 28, 2013 8:38 pm

He said he was making some music with Duff and Barret, the singer its news for me...i hope they release something i love the idea of Cready and Barret working together again.

Fri March 01, 2013 10:59 am

With the singer of Killing Joke?? Hmm..interesting....

Did he just say that Ed&Kurt talked about doing stuff together and that he joked to Kurt he would be more than happy to play guitar on it....

Fri March 01, 2013 10:59 am

With the singer of Killing Joke?? Hmm..interesting....

Did he just say that Ed&Kurt talked about doing stuff together and that he joked to Kurt he would be more than happy to play guitar on it....

Fri March 01, 2013 6:39 pm

I can't imagine a band with Kurt and Mike. Yikes.

Fri March 01, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm so into everything Mike McCready it's sickening.

Fri March 01, 2013 7:43 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I'm so into everything Mike McCready it's sickening.

Well, how you choose to feel is how you are, so.

Sat March 02, 2013 1:27 am

joostone wrote:With the singer of Killing Joke?? Hmm..interesting....

Actually, I read it as saying that they'll have multiple lead singers.

Sat March 02, 2013 1:39 am

What could Ed and Kurt have done together I wonder. They don't seem like much of a match musically. Kurt wouldn't have let Mike anywhere near it either..

Sat March 02, 2013 3:03 am

Of all the members of Pearl Jam, I can imagine Jeff working with Kurt Cobain the easiest.

Sat March 02, 2013 3:58 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Of all the members of Pearl Jam, I can imagine Jeff working with Kurt Cobain the easiest.

Didn't the "feud" start with them? Or maybe more accurately, didn't Kurt hate Jeff?

Sat March 02, 2013 4:05 am

Yeah, jocks can't make real art. Basketball sucks.

Sometimes I wonder if Kurt would have still been a tool at 40. Plenty of people change as they get older. Then again....some don't.

Sat March 02, 2013 4:20 am

verb_to_trust wrote:Yeah, jocks can't make real art. Basketball sucks.
Sometimes I wonder if Kurt would have still been a tool at 40. Plenty of people change as they get older. Then again....some don't.

Kurt was a tool. But so was Ed in the first few years. So many cringe worthy moments when I listen to those early boots. Sure there were good intentions most of the time but a tool none the less. Curse of the young in the spotlight. Fortunately for most of us our tool moments aren't recorded and available to the masses.

Sat March 02, 2013 4:44 am

LetMeSleep wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:Yeah, jocks can't make real art. Basketball sucks.

Kurt was a tool. But so was Ed in the first few years. So many cringe worthy moments when I listen to those early boots. Sure there were good intentions most of the time but a tool none the less. Curse of the young in the spotlight. Fortunately for most of us our tool moments aren't recorded and available to the masses.

cobain was a fucking snob, he was saying all the time he hated rock stars when instead he loved being one.
I would think he would change a bit, he seemed to be more open to the idea of making music with other artists, and im sure Eddie could have been one of them.
Mike, specially after Mad Season, too.

Sun July 14, 2013 1:00 am

This probably isn't the best thread, but I really just need to say how much I fucking LOVE Mike McCready.

Sun July 14, 2013 1:21 am

it's as good a place as any!

Sun July 14, 2013 1:22 am

:bammer:

Sun July 14, 2013 1:23 am

Seriously though, watching PJ20 again... I fucking LOVE this guy. He seems so genuine. Big fan.

Sun July 14, 2013 1:31 am

durdencommatyler wrote:Seriously though, watching PJ20 again... I fucking LOVE this guy. He seems so genuine. Big fan.

He is awesome. I had the chance to talk to him briefly in Wisconsin, took a pic with him in the PJ museum..really cool - down to earth guy, just looking around the stuff in the museum...and i fucking love all the interviews he did for the Mad Season reissue, were you see how much he care about music.

Sun July 14, 2013 1:35 am

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Seriously though, watching PJ20 again... I fucking LOVE this guy. He seems so genuine. Big fan.

He is awesome. I had the chance to talk to him briefly in Wisconsin, took a pic with him in the PJ museum..really cool - down to earth guy, just looking around the stuff in the museum...and i fucking love all the interviews he did for the Mad Season reissue, were you see how much he care about music.

DUDE! I'm totally jealous. I think he'd be my favorite member of the band to meet. I fucking love the guy. I'm glad to hear he's supper down to earth. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing! Totally awesome.
Post a reply