No votes
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
No votes

Total votes : 51

Re: Song of the Moment: Last Exit

Sat February 11, 2017 8:18 pm

harmless wrote:Will "Getaway" into MYM be anything like it? We'll see.

:lol:

Sun February 12, 2017 1:35 am

Don't know if I already posted in this thread years ago or not, regardless, this song still might be the best thing this band has ever done. It's at least in the team photo.

Sun February 12, 2017 1:38 am

evenslow wrote:Don't know if I already posted in this thread years ago or not, regardless, this song still might be the best thing this band has ever done. It's at least in the team photo.

:thumbsup:

Sun February 12, 2017 2:33 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
evenslow wrote:Don't know if I already posted in this thread years ago or not, regardless, this song still might be the best thing this band has ever done. It's at least in the team photo.

:thumbsup:

Sun February 12, 2017 2:43 am

I concur, evenslow

Sun February 12, 2017 3:32 am

Yeah, it's pretty great.

Tue February 14, 2017 10:29 pm

top 5

The all strings version of this is pretty cool too

Wed February 15, 2017 3:11 am

This song will always be one of my favorites (if not my absolute favorite). Loved it when I first heard it on Vitalogy, but it went next level for me in 1996. That was the first tour I saw, and this song started the set the first night at Randall's Island. It was so densely packed in down front that when the song started, you basically had to start bouncing up and down whether you wanted to or not. I was still young, and it was my first major show like that. I think that was when I realized how expansive and inclusive music could be since everything I had been a part of till that point had been in small club shows. And hearing "let my spirit pass_____________" belted out live was worth the price of admission alone. This is the one song I hope pops up at any show I go to.

Wed February 15, 2017 3:15 am

I didn't have a ton of appreciation for this song until a couple years ago.

Wed February 15, 2017 3:27 am

tragabigzanda wrote:I didn't have a ton of appreciation for this song until a couple years ago.

what finally did it for ya?

Wed February 15, 2017 3:31 am

evenslow wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:I didn't have a ton of appreciation for this song until a couple years ago.

Not sure. I think something about the guitars clicked for me. Where before I used to hear a very straightforward garage number, I suddenly started to hear it as s very odd song. The chord choices, the two note bit before the chorus, the palm muted bridge...It's like it took 20 years for the jigsaw puzzle of its composition to reveal itself to me.
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Wed February 15, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed February 15, 2017 3:48 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Not sure. I think something about the guitars clicked for me. Where before I used to hear a very straightforward garage number, I suddenly started to hear it as s very odd song. The chord choices, the two note bit before the chorus, the palm muted bridge...It's like it took 30 years for the jigsaw puzzle of its composition to reveal itself to me.

Yeah it's like a complicated song trapped in a simple song's body or something. The way Stone plays that riff has got a certain timing to it that makes it stand out.

Wed February 15, 2017 4:47 am

melonhead4 wrote:Dave def owns this track, actually he owns the whole album and VS too.....im hoping he plays with them at th RR HOF induction...i could see ed letting that happen....

me too

Wed February 15, 2017 4:49 am

Dave A's playing on Vitalogy is far and away his high point in the band.

Wed February 15, 2017 4:51 am

evenslow wrote:Dave A's playing on Vitalogy is far and away his high point in the band.

Yet it's wildly different from his drumming on Vs. It's still got the loose vibe, but all the funk influence is totally gone.

Wed February 15, 2017 5:15 am

evenslow wrote:Dave A's playing on Vitalogy is far and away his high point in the band.

Are you insane

Wed February 15, 2017 1:26 pm

He does exactly what's needed for the songs, without being Captain Cymbals.

Gives something like Corduroy just what it needs. A song like that doesn't need a lot of help.

Wed February 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Getting this song live is so great. Even with PRAMG Pearl Jam, it is so high energy at the show.

Wed February 15, 2017 3:00 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

Yet it's wildly different from his drumming on Vs. It's still got the loose vibe, but all the funk influence is totally gone.

None of the songs on Vitalogy really lend themselves to that funky grooviness like tunes on Vs and Ten did. There are a lot more layers on Vitalogy than Vs, but funkified is not one of them.

Wed February 15, 2017 3:00 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Not sure. I think something about the guitars clicked for me. Where before I used to hear a very straightforward garage number, I suddenly started to hear it as s very odd song. The chord choices, the two note bit before the chorus, the palm muted bridge...It's like it took 20 years for the jigsaw puzzle of its composition to reveal itself to me.

Yeah same
Post a reply