The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: A (Lengthy) Audio History/Analysis of this Stupid Band
PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:04 am 
Production Police

Which pisses me off. Kurt was every bit as excited to live out his rockstar dream. It just wasn't cool for any of them to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:05 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Which pisses me off. Kurt was every bit as excited to live out his rockstar dream. It just wasn't cool for any of them to enjoy it.

Kurt was better at hiding it becuse he was super fucked up and angry and just a dick. Ed was always a child in a candy store but just lost his way for a couple years there.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:06 am 
what on earth am I talking about

tragabigzanda wrote:

I was just kidding but it pissed me off to see stone and ed say as much in Pj20.

It's like they're still living in the shadow of that band despite them surviving and still playing where he was a chicken shit cop out

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:07 am 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Kurt was better at hiding it becuse he was super fucked up and angry and just a dick. Ed was always a child in a candy store but just lost his way for a couple years there.

At what point do you think he started texting Bono with his questions instead of Neil Young?

The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I was just kidding but it pissed me off to see stone and ed say as much in Pj20.

It's like they're still living in the shadow of that band despite them surviving and still playing where he was a chicken shit cop out

Mike was the only one with some balls who said he didnt give a shit about what kurt thought.

The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

At what point do you think he started texting Bono with his questions instead of Neil Young?

2005. Sure as shit.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:08 am 

That recording in montage of heck, kurt talking about having sex with the autistic girl when he was a kid? Can't even deal with that guy anymore. He was a kid too but the outcome of his telling of it was that he was unhappy he didn't know what to do. Not that he was ashamed that he did it.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:13 am 
10Club Complaint Department

dimejinky99 wrote:
That recording in montage of heck, kurt talking about having sex with the autistic girl when he was a kid? Can't even deal with that guy anymore. He was a kid too but the outcome of his telling of it was that he was unhappy he didn't know what to do. Not that he was ashamed that he did it.

I've never seen Montage of Heck, everything about it is deeply unappealing, but I think it's important to take anything Kurt ever said on record with a gigantic grain of salt. He was a serious bullshitter.

I love Pearl Jam but they could make twenty more records as good as No Code and they'll never be as good a band as Nirvana to me.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:15 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I've never seen Montage of Heck, everything about it is deeply unappealing, but I think it's important to take anything Kurt ever said on record with a gigantic grain of salt. He was a serious bullshitter.

I love Pearl Jam but they could make twenty more records as good as No Code and they'll never be as good a band as Nirvana to me.

Blind love, buddy. respect.

Just kidding. Though, would you enjoy that same type of dirt documentary on pearl jam? I feel like since you dont like pearl jam as much and you also are more apt to mock vedder for his shortcomings ?

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:18 am 

Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You should watch it. It is disturbing. Especially the recorded stuff him talking and being interviewed. This wasn't bullshit. He's explaining something that happened in order to explain another point.

I don't compare them. Two utterly different bands doing utterly different things musically. I just enjoy pearl jam where I don't enjoy nirvana in any way at all.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:20 am 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Mike was the only one with some balls who said he didnt give a shit about what kurt thought.

Wasn't that Jeff?

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:23 am 
The Master

evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Wasn't that Jeff?

Thought it was mike in the pj20 book.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:26 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Just kidding. Though, would you enjoy that same type of dirt documentary on pearl jam? I feel like since you dont like pearl jam as much and you also are more apt to mock vedder for his shortcomings ?

I probably wouldn't watch it either way, rock band documentaries generally aren't something I enjoy that much.

I'd definitely read an interview where they were really open about the drummer stuff but who knows if they've ever really given it much thought themselves, I don't know if they'd have much to say that they haven't already. It's not difficult to understand why each drummer left/got fired and why they prefer playing with Matt.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:28 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I probably wouldn't watch it either way, rock band documentaries generally aren't something I enjoy that much.

I'd definitely read an interview where they were really open about the drummer stuff but who knows if they've ever really given it much thought themselves, I don't know if they'd have much to say that they haven't already. It's not difficult to understand why each drummer left/got fired and why they prefer playing with Matt.

FTR: I don't give a shit what Kurt did or didnt do or what kind of attitude he had. It all comes down to the music and i loved Nirvanas music as well. Just a different type of love.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:28 am 
The Master

its only easier to make fun of Eddie/Pearl Jam because he didnt blow himself away during the peak :)

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:29 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Wasn't that Jeff?

Thought it was mike in the pj20 book.

It was Jeff yeah. Coolest motherfucker on earth.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:32 am 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
its only easier to make fun of Eddie/Pearl Jam because he didnt blow himself away during the peak :)

yep

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 1:39 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Outside of Ed, there really isn't anything interesting about the other band members.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 2:22 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Pearl Jam was a better band when they were worried about what their peers thought of them. It's when they let that shit go that they turned into the mess they are today. Springsteen-lite.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 2:27 am 
Stone's Bitch

I would say it has just as much (if not more) to do with them a) getting older and b) being in the same band with the same bros for 25 years.

At the 25 year mark, the Stones put out Steel Wheels, which is pretty comparable to Lightning Bolt. I don't think their biggest problem was that the Beatles weren't around to push them anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam