Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Topic locked

Re: March Madness 2017: Our Most Complicated RMMM Ever!

Sat March 18, 2017 3:12 pm

RM March Madness: in which the phrase "and it's not even close" is typed more times on one website over the span of a month than it is typed on the entire internet throughout the whole remainder of the year.

Sat March 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:RM March Madness: in which the phrase "and it's not even close" is typed more times on one website over the span of a month than it is typed on the entire internet throughout the whole remainder of the year.

:lol:

It's tongue in cheek when I do it, for what it's worth. I think it's funny, as you pointed out, so I do it as sort of a running joke/RM Lexicon sort of thing. Not too dissimilar to Ruddo's "... so much it's sickening." Which I also really love, btw.

Sat March 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Everything after Riot Act sucks.

When are the next rounds, so I can actually vote on something I like listening to.

Sun March 19, 2017 3:15 am

Man I love S/T

Sun March 19, 2017 3:17 am

chewm wrote:Man I love S/T

:thumbsup:

It's (mostly) great.

Sun March 19, 2017 3:29 am

It is. It maybe the album I enjoy the most now.

Sun March 19, 2017 7:24 pm

chewm wrote:Man I love S/T

I'm lukewarm on you.

Sun March 19, 2017 9:25 pm

We need to close this round and reconnect.

Sun March 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Other than my sentimental attachment to Alive I pretty much don't care who wins either of these matches. They're all just so good.

Sun March 19, 2017 11:32 pm

I hope Jammer doesn't miss this round.

Mon March 20, 2017 1:39 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I hope Jammer doesn't miss this round.

:lol:

Mon March 20, 2017 1:40 pm

joey, please watch this week's Rebels' episode soon.

Mon March 20, 2017 1:48 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:joey, please watch this week's Rebels' episode soon.

I plan to watch it today!

Mon March 20, 2017 6:22 pm

It's beyond crazy how much I agree with other RMers on which songs are the best songs over the first four albums. Yield is also fairly close but there's significant differences. But then after that? It's BANANAS how much I disagree with others RMers. So weird to me.

Mon March 20, 2017 6:30 pm

The Ten-Vitalogy bracket really reminds me of how narrow I consider pearl jam's true peak years. Those first three albums are absolutely untouchable. Three of the finest rock albums of all time. Everything from No Code - Lightning Bolt ranges from good to near great, but these first three are just in a league of their own.

Mon March 20, 2017 6:36 pm

No Code-RA is better than Vitalogy

Mon March 20, 2017 6:45 pm

stip wrote:The Ten-Vitalogy bracket really reminds me of how narrow I consider pearl jam's true peak years. Those first three albums are absolutely untouchable. Three of the finest rock albums of all time. Everything from No Code - Lightning Bolt ranges from good to near great, but these first three are just in a league of their own.

I just mean the specific individual songs. It seems like I agree with the General RM body more in the early years but not so much, on a song by song basis, from Yield on. I think that's fascinating.

Why do we all agree that Animal or RVM or Go are great songs (even if we would rank those three differently) yet virtually no one agrees that Infallible is a fucking great song (or even a good song, for that matter)? Just fascinating to me.

Mon March 20, 2017 6:46 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:No Code-RA is better than Vitalogy

you went 1 album too far

Mon March 20, 2017 6:52 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:The Ten-Vitalogy bracket really reminds me of how narrow I consider pearl jam's true peak years. Those first three albums are absolutely untouchable. Three of the finest rock albums of all time. Everything from No Code - Lightning Bolt ranges from good to near great, but these first three are just in a league of their own.

I just mean the specific individual songs. It seems like I agree with the General RM body more in the early years but not so much, on a song by song basis, from Yield on. I think that's fascinating.

Why do we all agree that Animal or RVM or Go are great songs (even if we would rank those three differently) yet virtually no one agrees that Infallible is a fucking great song (or even a good song, for that matter)? Just fascinating to me.

Because Infallible is not a great song and those other three are. See? It's simple.

Mon March 20, 2017 6:53 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Because Infallible is not a great song and those other three are. See? It's simple.

I'm confused
Topic locked