Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Third favorite Pearl Jam song

Fri February 17, 2017 7:09 am

Sometimes it's hard to pick a favorite. This thread is for that. What's everyone's third favorite Pearl Jam song?

Re: Third favorite Pearl Jam song

Fri February 17, 2017 7:10 am

In Hiding, for me.

Fri February 17, 2017 7:33 am

surface the north

Fri February 17, 2017 8:49 am

Last Exit.

Fri February 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Do you mean which Pearl Jam song would currently rank #3 on my list of favorite to least favorite songs, or -- given that our tastes are always evolving -- which was the third Pearl Jam song to occupy the #1 spot over the course of my fandom? This distinction will greatly influence the song I arbitrarily choose to list. Thanks.

Fri February 17, 2017 1:28 pm

My top 2 have been set for some time (Release, Last Exit).

Right now, #3 would be a choice between Corduroy and Hail Hail, two songs that I kinda left behind for a while, due to their ubiquity from the mid 90's on. Over the last few years (honestly, thanks to RM March Madness) I reconsidered both and have thus listened to them a ton and now consider both to be among the best things this band ever did.

All of this to say, gun to my head, Hail Hail. It's got such a ferocious energy that can only be contained by the awesome musicians in this band circa 1996.

Fri February 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Parting Ways, right now.

Fri February 17, 2017 2:15 pm

chewm wrote:Parting Ways, right now.

I'm sorry Reid's thread had this effect on you. Goodbye. I'll miss you

Fri February 17, 2017 2:46 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:Last Exit.

Fri February 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Also confused by OP.

Fri February 17, 2017 3:59 pm

To Kaius and KD and anyone else who have expressed confusion about the OP: interpret in whatever way makes you the most comfortable.

Fri February 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Assuming my #3 favorite Pearl jam song....i'd say Immortality.

Fri February 17, 2017 4:47 pm

uh...off he goes

Fri February 17, 2017 4:49 pm

washing machine wrote:To Kaius and KD and anyone else who have expressed confusion about the OP: interpret in whatever way makes you the most comfortable.

Oh, how fun. How about this: I'll answer both scenarios, and you guys can guess which song applies to which scenario:

Corduroy
Strangest Tribe

Fri February 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:
washing machine wrote:To Kaius and KD and anyone else who have expressed confusion about the OP: interpret in whatever way makes you the most comfortable.

Oh, how fun. How about this: I'll answer both scenarios, and you guys can guess which song applies to which scenario:

Corduroy
Strangest Tribe

corduroy was your third #1 pj song, and strangest tribe is your #3 pj song.

Fri February 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Seems like a solid guess to me. I'm with darth.

Fri February 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I think he has it backwards, actually.

Fri February 17, 2017 7:57 pm

I knew this would be fun! Darth has it right. As you might have learned from my previous posts on the subject, I got into Pearl Jam in 1995, before "Strangest Tribe" had even been recorded! So, unless it took me five years to cycle through three "favorite" Pearl Jam songs, it would be pretty unlikely that "Strangest Tribe" would be only my third #1 favorite PJ song.

This raises another interesting question though -- during what year did you get into Pearl Jam?

Fri February 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I knew this would be fun! Darth has it right. As you might have learned from my previous posts on the subject, I got into Pearl Jam in 1995, before "Strangest Tribe" had even been recorded! So, unless it took me five years to cycle through three "favorite" Pearl Jam songs, it would be pretty unlikely that "Strangest Tribe" would be only my third #1 favorite PJ song.

This raises another interesting question though -- during what year did you get into Pearl Jam?

My third favourite #1 would have been Animal.

Fri February 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I knew this would be fun! Darth has it right. As you might have learned from my previous posts on the subject, I got into Pearl Jam in 1995, before "Strangest Tribe" had even been recorded! So, unless it took me five years to cycle through three "favorite" Pearl Jam songs, it would be pretty unlikely that "Strangest Tribe" would be only my third #1 favorite PJ song.

It took me about 20 years to cycle past my first favorite PJ song. My current favorite song is just the second song to ever be listed as my favorite.
Post a reply