The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2020 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 22901
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 2683
bodysnatcher wrote:
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.

Wow. I mean I haven’t listened to a lot of live stuff in the last year or two, but for me, that is always the best part of it all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 22901
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
I just can’t dedicate so much music listening time to Pearl Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43621
Location: Mountains
bodysnatcher wrote:
I just can’t dedicate so much music listening time to Pearl Jam

try harder


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13951
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
I just can’t dedicate so much music listening time to Pearl Jam

try harder

Seems like a bad investment of time at this point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: Rand McNally
LikeLukin wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
ghost wrote:
:haha: this needs to happen. Satan's Bed from that State College show is the first one that came to mind. The debut of Future Days. Got Some from Conan...

I love that Got Some performance. Gave me a lot of hope for Backspacer.


Yeah same here. Aside from Ed not having much mustard in a few spots I thought it was quite good.


I liked it too - the only time they ever played it in the proper key :nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 22901
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
I just can’t dedicate so much music listening time to Pearl Jam

try harder

Seems like a bad investment of time at this point.


I’ve just never gotten into listening to live shows, Pearl Jam or not. Much prefer albums.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Tue August 11, 2020 10:19 pm
Posts: 3
I'm not nearly as big of a fan of the band as I once was. Honestly, I only listened to Gigaton once and I haven't really ever wanted to go back. But I've always found fans of this band to be generally good people, so that's why I'm signing up for this board. Hi, everybody :wave:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Posts: 326
Location: sleep sac in a bivouac
Hi Rager. What are your reference points for "good Pearl Jam"?

_________________
Hear the sound...In the distance, now...Could be thunder...Or a crowd


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Tue August 11, 2020 10:19 pm
Posts: 3
RockPusher wrote:
Hi Rager. What are your reference points for "good Pearl Jam"?

Everything through the self-titled Pearl Jam album works for me, with Vs to Binaural a cut above the others and No Code as the peak. Heck, even Backspacer is OK. The last two didn't do much for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20192
bodysnatcher wrote:
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.

I haven’t seen them live in 17 years, and never really cared for listening to live stuff at home, but I did just recently sit in a vr theater with my brother and watch a well-shot St Paul show from 2014 and was really surprised by how good it sounded.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43621
Location: Mountains
McParadigm wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.

I haven’t seen them live in 17 years, and never really cared for listening to live stuff at home, but I did just recently sit in a vr theater with my brother and watch a well-shot St Paul show from 2014 and was really surprised by how good it sounded.

THeyre aged but they sound good.

The band really still plays their assess off. Its ed that can really throw a bootleg listening experience out the window with his ranting and getting drunk.

But, overall, Pj still has it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20192
Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.

I haven’t seen them live in 17 years, and never really cared for listening to live stuff at home, but I did just recently sit in a vr theater with my brother and watch a well-shot St Paul show from 2014 and was really surprised by how good it sounded.

THeyre aged but they sound good.

The band really still plays their assess off. Its ed that can really throw a bootleg listening experience out the window with his ranting and getting drunk.

But, overall, Pj still has it.

I don’t know if that particular show (10/19/2014, better than nothing videos on YouTube) is abnormally good or is just totally average. I’m not kidding when I say it’s been 17 years for me. But it hit me, my brother, and later my son and wife pretty hard. And I’m the only person in that group that’s ever spent money on a Pearl Jam record.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43621
Location: Mountains
McParadigm wrote:
Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
other than seeing them in person, i haven't listened to pearl jam live in probably 15 years.

I haven’t seen them live in 17 years, and never really cared for listening to live stuff at home, but I did just recently sit in a vr theater with my brother and watch a well-shot St Paul show from 2014 and was really surprised by how good it sounded.

THeyre aged but they sound good.

The band really still plays their assess off. Its ed that can really throw a bootleg listening experience out the window with his ranting and getting drunk.

But, overall, Pj still has it.

I don’t know if that particular show (10/19/2014, better than nothing videos on YouTube) is abnormally good or is just totally average. I’m not kidding when I say it’s been 17 years for me. But it hit me, my brother, and later my son and wife pretty hard. And I’m the only person in that group that’s ever spent money on a Pearl Jam record.


Let me take you to a show, McP

For whats its worth, my friend who was once obsessed with pearl jam but has since moved on (would fit right in on RM), thought that ST. Paul show was awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
McP, I'll buy you tickets to a transformers movie

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 2:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20192
Yeah alright

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22698
last time i saw them was in 2018 and it was so fucking good.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
That run from Light Years > Sleight of Hand is probably the best overall album run in the catalog


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 1315
tragabigzanda wrote:
That run from Light Years > Sleight of Hand is probably the best overall album run in the catalog

I don't think I've ever agreed with you more than right now. Some of my favorite songs in there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23916
Location: Mizzou
VinylGuy wrote:
last time i saw them was in 2018 and it was so fucking good.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 01, 2020 9:06 am