The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Oslo, Norway
Ten has Alive, Black, Even Flow, Release, Porch. You could almost name any of the songs on the album, and most of the b-sides like SOLAT, YL, Breath. How in any universe could S/T beat that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3609
Location: Chile
I don't really care that much about Ten these days.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13156
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Leatherhead wrote:
Avocado's pretty good guys. Better than Ten.

Image

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3609
Location: Chile
Leatherhead's right.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11783
I listened to a random Binaural songs today in the way home...Man, those are fuckin good.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 15, 2013 10:11 pm
Posts: 183
The pressure of adhering to timelines chided by record labels (who worry about their artists losing visibility and favourability, falling out of taste) as artists were in the past, creates tension, purpose, timeliness and drive to a perfect balance.

As such, a relaxed, comfortable musician producing music without such pressures in a happy, easy, professional environment will produce facile and less challenging music.

This isn't a fact but it's an easy story to tell in terms of interpreting the behaviour of Pearl Jam over the past 12 years.

Equally such, the loss of labels has single handedly resulted in a huge loss of variety available to the consumer in terms of offerings, in my opinion. As a young person growing up in this environment, honestly, what choice of music does one have besides processed pop, commercially conscious hip hop and nebulous EDM?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16900
OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
The pressure of adhering to timelines chided by record labels (who worry about their artists losing visibility and favourability, falling out of taste) as artists were in the past, creates tension, purpose, timeliness and drive to a perfect balance.

As such, a relaxed, comfortable musician producing music without such pressures in a happy, easy, professional environment will produce facile and less challenging music.

This isn't a fact but it's an easy story to tell in terms of interpreting the behaviour of Pearl Jam over the past 12 years.

Equally such, the loss of labels has single handedly resulted in a huge loss of variety available to the consumer in terms of offerings, in my opinion. As a young person growing up in this environment, honestly, what choice of music does one have besides processed pop, commercially conscious hip hop and nebulous EDM?

Haha wtf. Wrong on all counts here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: unnamed mental hospital
When I first heard them whip out "Habit" at Soldier Field '95 I thought he was saying, "happen."

NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D HAPPEN!!!!!!

Spoiler: show
I'm an idiot.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13156
Location: Lft Craquepeau
evenslow wrote:
When I first heard them whip out "Habit" at Soldier Field '95 I thought he was saying, "happen."

NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D HAPPEN!!!!!!

Spoiler: show
I'm an idiot.

Image

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon September 16, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 52
Random thought: it is almost 10 years since Backspacer was released...looking at it and LB next to each other in the collection and thinking this is the last 10 years of output is depressing.
I still prefer Backspacer but it sounds like they brought in song doctors. LB sounds like a chemical reaction burning for the last 20 years fizzling out and willing to put together whatever they could to make an album of material just to get it over the line.... So even if they bring out an album in the next 2 years, what will it be like? Will they beat a retreat and try to cut it back, relearn who they are and what is true to them today? Or do they keep going with BOB and have a Springteen like pastiche, zombie, interchangable musical output to support touring?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16900
I kind of feel like their next record will dictate how I feel about this band moving forward. I mean, if they can't tap into the trump administration and Chris's death to make music that feels vital and helps ease our collective suffering, then this just is not the same band I fell in love with


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11783
The lack of new music after so long is something im getting used to.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 5:03 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9581
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
I kind of feel like their next record will dictate how I feel about this band moving forward. I mean, if they can't tap into the trump administration and Chris's death to make music that feels vital and helps ease our collective suffering, then this just is not the same band I fell in love with


Same. I will still enjoy seeing them live and following some of the archival releases, but will see them as a nostalgia band for the most part.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I kind of feel like their next record will dictate how I feel about this band moving forward. I mean, if they can't tap into the trump administration and Chris's death to make music that feels vital and helps ease our collective suffering, then this just is not the same band I fell in love with


Same. I will still enjoy seeing them live and following some of the archival releases, but will see them as a nostalgia band for the most part.


in this boat. ship ahoy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Not NYC
bodysnatcher wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I kind of feel like their next record will dictate how I feel about this band moving forward. I mean, if they can't tap into the trump administration and Chris's death to make music that feels vital and helps ease our collective suffering, then this just is not the same band I fell in love with


Same. I will still enjoy seeing them live and following some of the archival releases, but will see them as a nostalgia band for the most part.


in this boat. ship ahoy.


Ditto.

_________________
...something he hadn't imagined being...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
i still get embarrassed for myself when i love at the S/T cover art


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Oslo, Norway
bodysnatcher wrote:
i still get embarrassed for myself when i love at the S/T cover art


How exactly do you love?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:16 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9581
Location: Mizzou
bodysnatcher wrote:
i still get embarrassed for myself when i love at the S/T cover art


This is a safe place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
fucking autocorrect


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
but mostly like this


Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 22, 2017 9:09 pm