The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 226  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 12:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i realize Kevin Davis hasn’t posted on this topic

but

Team KD

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 12:46 am 
She / Her

bodysnatcher wrote:
This is the dumbest shit on earth

it's a worldwide dumbicide

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 12:56 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, they were both released on 2017 and for a while they called it like that while the other was Brendan o Brien mix.

I dont really know these days really.

At the risk of being a wild pedant, that's not exactly accurate, at least not as I understand it.

To make it easier to explain, here are the three versions of the record for these purposes:

Version 1: Adam Kasper's original mix, mastered and commercially released in 2006.
Version 2: Adam Kasper's original mix but given a more dynamic mastering, uploaded to streaming services in 2017.
Version 3: Brendan O'Brien's remix, uploaded to streaming services and released on vinyl in 2017.

When Version 2 was released, it was without any fanfare and was discovered more or less by accident. Rather than being highlighted as a new mix (or 'Spotify mix' or '2017 mix'), it simply replaced Version 1 on streaming services with no indication any change had occurred. I haven't checked, but I think that's still the case for at least some streaming services (i.e. they never went back to Version 1).

When Version 3 was released, it was called '2017 Mix' (both then and now). That makes sense, because Version 2 isn't a new mix - it's just an alternative mastering of the original Version 1 mix.

If you want to dig back, McP first identified that S/T sounded better on Spotify on page 10 of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9410&hilit=spotify&start=180

yeah all i said was that there was two releases in 2017, the so called spotify mix ( the best one ) and the o brien one and they co existed for a while in the streaming apps

whats available now, i dont really know

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 2:22 am 
Broken Tamborine

Birds in Hell wrote:
At the risk of being a wild pedant, that's not exactly accurate, at least not as I understand it.

Nobody likes a pedant, especially these days. Just enjoy the music, cha-ching. Ignorance is bliss in happy town. All you need is love (I found out).

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 12:20 pm 
The worst

VinylGuy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, they were both released on 2017 and for a while they called it like that while the other was Brendan o Brien mix.

To make it easier to explain, here are the three versions of the record for these purposes:

Version 1: Adam Kasper's original mix, mastered and commercially released in 2006.
Version 2: Adam Kasper's original mix but given a more dynamic mastering, uploaded to streaming services in 2017.
Version 3: Brendan O'Brien's remix, uploaded to streaming services and released on vinyl in 2017.

When Version 2 was released, it was without any fanfare and was discovered more or less by accident. Rather than being highlighted as a new mix (or 'Spotify mix' or '2017 mix'), it simply replaced Version 1 on streaming services with no indication any change had occurred. I haven't checked, but I think that's still the case for at least some streaming services (i.e. they never went back to Version 1).

When Version 3 was released, it was called '2017 Mix' (both then and now). That makes sense, because Version 2 isn't a new mix - it's just an alternative mastering of the original Version 1 mix.

If you want to dig back, McP first identified that S/T sounded better on Spotify on page 10 of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9410&hilit=spotify&start=180

yeah all i said was that there was two releases in 2017, the so called spotify mix ( the best one ) and the o brien one and they co existed for a while in the streaming apps

both mixes are still there

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 1:57 pm 
tl;dr

96583UP wrote:

but

Team KD

I appreciate that, 96583UP.

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 2:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

Happy Trees wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Nobody likes a pedant, especially these days. Just enjoy the music, cha-ching. Ignorance is bliss in happy town. All you need is love (I found out).

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 8:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kevin Davis wrote:
96583UP wrote:

but

Team KD

I appreciate that, 96583UP.

:heartbeat:

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2024 9:49 pm 
Future Drummer

stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

both mixes are still there

Also have the Brickwall Hater 'Remaster' for shits-n-giggles.

edit: I assume if v2 was only released through streaming services only lossy versions exist.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2024 2:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Doing some cleaning and found this sticker:

:bammer:

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2024 2:34 pm 
mXn

That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to steal a real yield sign from the street corner. I’ll get on it this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2024 5:27 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Bammer wrote:
That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to steal a real yield sign from the street corner. I’ll get on it this weekend.

Good idea

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2024 5:30 pm 
mXn

knee tunes wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Good idea

Back at the frat, a guy walks in one night with a real STOP sign. They are way bigger up close than they look out on the roads.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2024 8:39 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Good idea

Back at the frat, a guy walks in one night with a real STOP sign. They are way bigger up close than they look out on the roads.

Back in my college days we had quite a collection. Stop, a speed limit, various street name signs, RR crossing. Never had a yield, tho. And yes, they’re quite large.

PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2024 12:18 am 
Broken Tamborine

Bammer wrote:

Doesn't count unless you post it on Reddit.

PostPosted: Mon January 29, 2024 6:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer stealing a yield sign then getting sued by a driver who gets in a wreck bc they didn’t know to yield seems quite poetic

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2024 12:39 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Now that the Chiefs are going to the Superbowl, lots of stories about Taylor Swift, but they all refer to her as the _________ singer, with each writer seeming to look for deeper cuts to reference.

No one does this for Eddie Vedder. Can you imagine? Vedder, the Olympic Dream singer…. Eddie the Evil Little Goat singer…

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2024 3:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ed should def date jason kelce

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2024 5:04 am 
mXn

bodysnatcher wrote:
Bammer stealing a yield sign then getting sued by a driver who gets in a wreck bc they didn’t know to yield seems quite poetic

What I’m more likely to do actually is put up fake speed limit signs way lower than the actual speed limit. My street is 25. I’m gonna replace with 10.

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2024 6:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

What I’m more likely to do actually is put up fake speed limit signs way lower than the actual speed limit. My street is 25. I’m gonna replace with 10.

MSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 226  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam