The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 224  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 9:45 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Kevin Davis wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Mine is the one they did in Europe in 2000. Forgot what show that was.

Verona. That's the one I've always known too. This one just came up on this '06 mix and really hit the spot.

stone: “Just a little improv.”

PostPosted: Fri February 11, 2022 9:07 am 
Rank This Poster

On first listen (and the song isn't even finished yet) but I quite like Ed Ved's "Invincible".

<Edit> Fuck, wrong thread by accident.

PostPosted: Fri February 25, 2022 9:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

Put this together.

Just a Girl
State of Love and Trust
Alone
Footsteps
I Got Id
Hold On
Wash
The Long Road
Brother
Crazy Mary
Breath
Hard to Imagine

At first I had Angel, Dirty Frank, and Yellow Ledbetter on there, but I think it's better without em.

PostPosted: Fri February 25, 2022 9:52 pm 
AnalLog

Jaeti wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
"I Got You" is one of the band's most underrated covers. Listening to the Sydney '06 version on lowlight's "World Wide Mix" comp now and it's seriously rocking.

As an aside, in the intro to this version, Eddie talks about how Matt Cameron's wife April (a cellist, if memory serves ) has to approve all of their artistic/musical choices before they put anything out. If that arrangement stayed in place, I think we owe Brendan O'Brien a collective apology.

I've never sought out any version other than this one because I love it so much:

We were 5th row, dead center and brought a U poster to Pittsburgh. During RVM, Ed sees it and gives my buddy and I a little peace sign and little U with his finger. People around us were pumped, highfiving and hugging us. Then, when they busted out I Got You in the encore, those same people were all over us again, "They are playing your song!!!" My buddy was so filled with the space cadet glow that he held up the sign and brandished it with glee. Then we both noticed, what we thought, was a confused look from Ed. He will still message me on 9/5 whatever year and say, "I wish I didn't hold that U sign up during I Got You!" :lol:

I love that version and relish that we got to see it live.

PostPosted: Fri February 25, 2022 10:01 pm 
She / Her

I'm excited to hear anything new

PostPosted: Sat February 26, 2022 12:55 am 
AnalLog

I was thinking of a fun idea for a Stone album or EP where he plays Pearl Jam songs that he should've or could've sang on. Mostly songs that he wrote, but perhaps some that his voice could fit.

Let the Records Play
Buckle Up
Thin Air
All Those Yesterdays
Parachutes
Supersonic
No Way
Of the Girl
Glorified G (don't know why, but this fits for me)
Maybe reworked versions of "Sunburn" and ”10 Billion Years"

Call it Stone Gossard Plays Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Sat February 26, 2022 1:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Brett wrote:
I was thinking of a fun idea for a Stone album or EP where he plays Pearl Jam songs that he should've or could've sang on. Mostly songs that he wrote, but perhaps some that his voice could fit.

Let the Records Play
Buckle Up
Thin Air
All Those Yesterdays
Parachutes
Supersonic
No Way
Of the Girl
Glorified G (don't know why, but this fits for me)
Maybe reworked versions of "Sunburn" and ”10 Billion Years"

Call it Stone Gossard Plays Pearl Jam.

I am 100% on board with this!

I am adding it to my list of things to say to Stone Gossard’s face. I need to get to Seattle when he does the charity hand out newspapers thing. I will say “hello Stone Gossard. Thank you for nearly 40 years of music. The following needs to happen:

1) release your solo albums on all digital platforms, STAT!;

2) you need to record and release (on digital platforms too!) Stone Gossard plays Pearl Jam.”

PostPosted: Sat February 26, 2022 3:05 pm 
The worst

I don’t want stone singing on a pj record but that would be fun as a side thing. Good song choices

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun February 27, 2022 2:55 am 
Broken Tamborine

Just realized that in Alive 25 Years video we can see the moment that this photo from All Or None page in Riot Act booklet has been taken:

PostPosted: Sun February 27, 2022 3:27 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

If I’m ever in a real life mortal danger escape room type situation, I pray to god you’re there too

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2022 3:55 am 
AnalLog

I just watched foos movie “Studio666” And pearl jam gets a mention

They decide on which direction they want to take their new album and Dave calls the band in for a “pearl jam high five” (copy of ten album cover)

Then Dave sings “jeremy has fucken spoken”.

It was chuckle worthy

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2022 2:56 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Unplugged was taped 30 but years ago today. Probably their most successful promotional venture in their history.

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2022 3:05 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
If I’m ever in a real life mortal danger escape room type situation, I pray to god you’re there too

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 1:23 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Is this a Pearl Jam fan thing?:

I have been to I think 24 shows, and before each one of them, be it with a friend, or just with a stranger or whoever is near me, we are compelled to have an in depth conversation that starts with “so…what do you think they are gonna open with?”

Often this is followed with a discussion of what happens if they open with X vs Y.

I have never had that happen at any other show.

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 1:28 pm 
Future Drummer

Hatfield wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
"I Got You" is one of the band's most underrated covers. Listening to the Sydney '06 version on lowlight's "World Wide Mix" comp now and it's seriously rocking.

As an aside, in the intro to this version, Eddie talks about how Matt Cameron's wife April (a cellist, if memory serves ) has to approve all of their artistic/musical choices before they put anything out. If that arrangement stayed in place, I think we owe Brendan O'Brien a collective apology.

I've never sought out any version other than this one because I love it so much:

We were 5th row, dead center and brought a U poster to Pittsburgh. During RVM, Ed sees it and gives my buddy and I a little peace sign and little U with his finger. People around us were pumped, highfiving and hugging us. Then, when they busted out I Got You in the encore, those same people were all over us again, "They are playing your song!!!" My buddy was so filled with the space cadet glow that he held up the sign and brandished it with glee. Then we both noticed, what we thought, was a confused look from Ed. He will still message me on 9/5 whatever year and say, "I wish I didn't hold that U sign up during I Got You!" :lol:

:haha:

I've always been pissed at myself for not driving to this show. I grew up in Pittsburgh but was at Maryland in college that fall. Could've done it quite easily, but had already seen four shows on the tour. One of my favorite boots.

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 1:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

liebzz wrote:
Is this a Pearl Jam fan thing?:

I have been to I think 24 shows, and before each one of them, be it with a friend, or just with a stranger or whoever is near me, we are compelled to have an in depth conversation that starts with “so…what do you think they are gonna open with?”

Often this is followed with a discussion of what happens if they open with X vs Y.

I have never had that happen at any other show.

not a dave matthews band fan, huh? i've had this conversation 100s i've times. i don't think i've ever been right lol

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 1:55 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Going to see Dave Matthews for the tenth time in June. Never once had that conversation. We’ll see if it gets any traction.

I am usually wrong with Pearl Jam but that’s because the shows I attend for some reason open with Corduroy or Why Go.

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 2:26 pm 
Future Drummer

Yeah, definitely had that conversation numerous times at DMB shows.

PostPosted: Fri March 25, 2022 2:37 pm 
The Master

Jaeti wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

:haha:

I've always been pissed at myself for not driving to this show. I grew up in Pittsburgh but was at Maryland in college that fall. Could've done it quite easily, but had already seen four shows on the tour. One of my favorite boots.

My favorite cover was from the "Stuff and nonsense" bootleg. Or perhaps it was No Nonsense.

I got you was a great audience recording probably from the NZ, Aussie, or Japan tour. I dont remember/know the date but id love to track that version down.

I got to hear them soudncheck it in Rapid City, SD 98 but that was through closed doors. Great cover.

PostPosted: Fri April 01, 2022 1:17 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The beautiful Hard Sun melody sounds like a slowed down Sweet Child o Mine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 224  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam