The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 226  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Pearl Jam-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 2:53 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
If Retrograde were produced exactly like a Riot Act song, it’d be five stars

With early 00's vocals? 4 stars.

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 2:54 am 
Production Police

Yeah that’s fair

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 3:42 am 
Rank This Poster

It's weird to think about how much Pearl Jam I've listened to compared to people that have listened since the 90's. I didn't start listening till 06/07, but I feel like I've listened to a ton of Pearl Jam and know the music extremely well. But then I think about people that have been a fan of the band for twice as long as I have and how their views and opinions of the music/band must've changed over the many years, given how my own views have changed many times in only half the time. Then I think about how long I've still got to appreciate the music and how all my reactions to it are going to evolve and change over the decades to come. What's it going to be like to listen to Evacuation when I'm 60? Am I still going to bob my head as much? Will I still love Binaural? 27 more years is a long time. I've still got so much time to listen to Pearl Jam!

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 1:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

FREEEEEZINNNNN RESSS HIS HEAD ONNA PILLOW MADE OF CON-CRETE

uh yeah hyeah

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 5:23 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Did they announce their retirement yet?

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 6:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

rick malone wrote:

Ed already made the announcement at the Detroit show (source: letcherouslittlestump)

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 6:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

EEEVENNN FLOOOOOOOOOWWW

THOUGHTS ARIIIIIISE LIKE BUTT-ER FLIEIIISSSSSS

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 6:27 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

i;m thinking about thos pearl jams.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 6:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

AAAANNNNDDD MY BIIIG BROTHER COME PUT THE BLAME ON MEEEE

YEAH

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 9:41 pm 
known prankster

rick malone wrote:

They announced it at their last show (can't remember name of the city, was one of those Yank shitholes beginning with D)

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 3:18 pm 

i recently bought the kindle version of Steven Hyden's latest book, Long Road: Pearl Jam and the Soundtrack of a Generation. I have a few amazon giftcards that have been sitting around for almost two years now, and figured i'd used some of the credit to get the book. I'd read an excerpt on The Ringer, and it was good enough.

i'm now about 90% through the book, and i've got buyers remorse. the book is a series of essays, each one focused on a different song, which hyden likens to a mixtape. there are several inaccuracies in the book. little things too, like hyden's claim that the gap in time from No Code to Yield is the smallest in terms of album releases--it's not. That would be Vs. and Vitalogy. Also, stating that PJ pissed off fans in Nassau and OKC by playing Bu$hleaguer. They didn't play it in OKC, though they did in Denver two days prior, and talked about it in OKC.

i guess i expected more from a guy who is a music critic for a living, and will sometimes tweet about PJ bootlegs he's listening to. it's just a sloppy mess of a thing. it's almost as if he didn't bother to fact check things, or have the publisher do it.

i'm pretty sure anyone on this board could've written a better collection of essays.

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 3:42 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I could write a pretty good collection of essays. I similarly would be annoyed at the lack of attention to detail, particularly being sold as someone who was a super fan.

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 3:59 pm 
mXn

dad wrote:
i recently bought the kindle version of Steven Hyden's latest book, Long Road: Pearl Jam and the Soundtrack of a Generation. I have a few amazon giftcards that have been sitting around for almost two years now, and figured i'd used some of the credit to get the book. I'd read an excerpt on The Ringer, and it was good enough.

i'm now about 90% through the book, and i've got buyers remorse. the book is a series of essays, each one focused on a different song, which hyden likens to a mixtape. there are several inaccuracies in the book. little things too, like hyden's claim that the gap in time from No Code to Yield is the smallest in terms of album releases--it's not. That would be Vs. and Vitalogy. Also, stating that PJ pissed off fans in Nassau and OKC by playing Bu$hleaguer. They didn't play it in OKC, though they did in Denver two days prior, and talked about it in OKC.

i guess i expected more from a guy who is a music critic for a living, and will sometimes tweet about PJ bootlegs he's listening to. it's just a sloppy mess of a thing. it's almost as if he didn't bother to fact check things, or have the publisher do it.

i'm pretty sure anyone on this board could've written a better collection of essays.

I personally try to avoid PJ fanboys and would not have purchased this book with my Amazon gift cards.

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 4:03 pm 

Bammer wrote:
dad wrote:

I personally try to avoid PJ fanboys and would not have purchased this book with my Amazon gift cards.

:backspacer:

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 7:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

what’s more pathetic: being a member of pearl jam (perma-overgrown child) or attempting to make a career by writing about them as though you or they should be taken seriously

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2022 12:24 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Isn’t being a member of any band a semi permanent overgrown child? Ultimately, you’d hope to take yourself serious enough to make sure the cash keeps rolling in.

If you can make a career writing about a 30-something year old machine that brings joy and fun to people’s lives, why not?

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2022 1:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it was a rhetorical question

but the answer was

Boom

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2022 3:28 pm 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
what’s more pathetic: being a member of pearl jam (perma-overgrown child) or attempting to make a career by writing about them as though you or they should be taken seriously

For one, posting things like this on message boards about said perma-overgrown children.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2022 3:49 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2022 3:52 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:

oh man, i love Kenny Mayne. will have to check this out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 226  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam