Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Lost Dog Rescue

Sun December 03, 2017 7:05 am

would it be too late to ask for a link? seems that all the torrents of this are dead.

Sun December 03, 2017 3:25 pm

armogi wrote:would it be too late to ask for a link? seems that all the torrents of this are dead.

There is only a guy here who will be willing to help you.

Sun December 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Nevermind, i got it now, thanks to all involved for putting this together!

Thu March 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Sorry for bumping up an older thread but is there any way to get a link to this compilation still? I'm very interested in the whole ridleybradout/JWB deluxe editions :)

Thu February 06, 2020 10:51 pm

been listening to a lot of these RM-exclusive releases in the run up to the new album, this one three times in the past two days.

thanks for making these and continuing to make them, it's always a treat when a new one is released.

Fri February 07, 2020 3:03 am

I have a box filled with almost all of the CD singles, multiple versions from different countries etc.

My favorite are the two Dissident CD sets that were released. The more complete one was a hard one given the issue with customs on the third single in the set.

I agree, the version of Footsteps on Rockline was awesome.

Any chance I can get a link via PM? Thank you kindly.

Fri February 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Cool compilation! I have most of these but am interested in hearing the original mixes of some of the singles from Riot Act and Yield. I am constantly checking my local record store for old singles but can only find ones from the early 90s. Could someone help out with a PM link? :peace:

Sat February 08, 2020 3:25 pm

One thing that I disliked about original Lost Dogs is that it sounds like 2003 Eddie re-recorded vocals on 90s tracks like Alone, Hold On, U etc. Seems like an odd decision to me rather than clean up the original track.

Sat February 08, 2020 3:52 pm

oftheearth wrote:One thing that I disliked about original Lost Dogs is that it sounds like 2003 Eddie re-recorded vocals on 90s tracks like Alone, Hold On, U etc. Seems like an odd decision to me rather than clean up the original track.

The early tracks all have new Eddie vocals, probably because he didn't like his original vocal and/or the lyrics, which are also modified in places or have been removed altogether.

"U" is a completely different version and nobody seems to know where it comes from.

I know people have a fondesss for "Lost Dogs" but I think it's a perfect example of how not to do an archival b-sides release.

Sat February 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Any chance of a link?
Thanks in advance

Sat February 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:I know people have a fondesss for "Lost Dogs" but I think it's a perfect example of how not to do an archival b-sides release.

Agreed....Revisionist history is hardly ever the way to go with projects like this.
Post a reply