The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: HALL OF FAME!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

TremorJam wrote:
They should retire the more challenging songs for him (Blood, Leash etc..) and trim the shows by 30 minutes or so.

Definitely wouldn't hurt.

TremorJam wrote:
It also became redundant with the combinations of either BARY/BARI or BABY/BABI for the second encores.

I've read this a few times now and I still don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Birds in Hell wrote:
TremorJam wrote:
They should retire the more challenging songs for him (Blood, Leash etc..) and trim the shows by 30 minutes or so.

Definitely wouldn't hurt.

TremorJam wrote:
It also became redundant with the combinations of either BARY/BARI or BABY/BABI for the second encores.

I've read this a few times now and I still don't get it.

Black
Alive
Baba
Yellow

or

Betterman
Alive
Black
Indifference

Switch the 2nd B song to RITFW for the BARY/BARI combination of songs. There's more combinations, but the end of the shows have gotten pretty predictable.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

let's rank the setlist acronyms

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

let's rank the PJ-could-shit-into-a-mic-and-i-would-still-love-it fanbois

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:45 am 
Stone's Bitch

bodysnatcher wrote:
let's rank the setlist acronyms

If we could get to the point where we only post in acronyms we've reached PJ singularity.

BABI or GTFO

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:48 am 
Banned from the Pit

Enough with the Bruce Springsteen comparisons. He doesn't hold a candle to Eddie....he wouldn't last 30 minutes fronting Pearl Jam. Not even a question. He isn't a hard rock singer and that is why his shitty voice is somewhat preserved. Overrated. If you want to compare someone in Vedder's class then maybe Cornell but even he wouldn't be able to sing PJ songs after three shows and not get booed off stage. Unfortunately, there is no singer that has taken the torch and moved rock music forward and not sold out by conforming to shitty trends. Until someone with the balls and courage to pave their own path, rock music will remain on life support and PJ will have to continue to carry it forward.

Last edited by michpall on Sat May 06, 2017 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:49 am 
Stone's Bitch

springsteen just got michpall'd!!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:54 am 
Banned from the Pit

Your goddam right

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:55 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they say that within every poisonous snake's biome, there is a naturally occuring antidote to their venom somewhere

in this case, we have michpall and mikejasond

#teamjasond

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:57 am 

Goddamn, it's great to be a PJ fan!

Last edited by TremorJam on Sat May 06, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

michpall wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no singer that has taken the torch and moved rock music forward and not sold out by conforming to shitty trends.

Is this what you see when you see pearl jam? Because what frustrates me is that they seem to have conformed to shitty trends. Their tone is over-produced. They might have put one guitar solo longer than 16 measures on an album since riot act. They make punk songs that sound like disney channel pop. The lyrics are trite. They sell $35 sticker sets. They play corporate shows. And now they co-invest alongside ticketmaster.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

TremorJam wrote:
Let's rank the I can't get over Dave A being out of the band, even though it's been over 20 years fanbois. Fucking seriously? I enjoy PJ's music so much better minus the obnoxious fan base. That's really what put me off of their music before. Fucking elitists, yo.

pre-Edit meltdown, saved for posterity, yo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:15 am 

96583UP wrote:
TremorJam wrote:
Let's rank the I can't get over Dave A being out of the band, even though it's been over 20 years fanbois. Fucking seriously? I enjoy PJ's music so much better minus the obnoxious fan base. That's really what put me off of their music before. Fucking elitists, yo.

It's just tiring to even try with a fan base, for real. It isn't just PJ's. But, hey, there's critic's and experts everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

TremorJam wrote:
96583UP wrote:
TremorJam wrote:

It's just tiring to even try with a fan base, for real. It isn't just PJ's. But, hey, there's critic's and experts everywhere.

welcome to the internets

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:26 am 
tl;dr

michpall wrote:
Enough with the Bruce Springsteen comparisons. He doesn't hold a candle to Eddie....he wouldn't last 30 minutes fronting Pearl Jam. Not even a question. He isn't a hard rock singer and that is why his shitty voice is somewhat preserved. Overrated.

This is great -- the closest RM has ever unironically come to a Donald Trump tweet.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:32 am 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
michpall wrote:
Enough with the Bruce Springsteen comparisons. He doesn't hold a candle to Eddie....he wouldn't last 30 minutes fronting Pearl Jam. Not even a question. He isn't a hard rock singer and that is why his shitty voice is somewhat preserved. Overrated.

This is great -- the closest RM has ever unironically come to a Donald Trump tweet.

:haha:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:40 am 
mXn

Oh my god Pearl Jam fans are the worst

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 am 
The Master

michpall wrote:
Enough with the Bruce Springsteen comparisons. He doesn't hold a candle to Eddie....he wouldn't last 30 minutes fronting Pearl Jam. Not even a question. He isn't a hard rock singer and that is why his shitty voice is somewhat preserved. Overrated. If you want to compare someone in Vedder's class then maybe Cornell but even he wouldn't be able to sing PJ songs after three shows and not get booed off stage. Unfortunately, there is no singer that has taken the torch and moved rock music forward and not sold out by conforming to shitty trends. Until someone with the balls and courage to pave their own path, rock music will remain on life support and PJ will have to continue to carry it forward.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:53 am 

In my defense, my back has been driving me crazy and I tried to delete my outburst. I'm not too proud to admit that I'm full of shit sometimes. :peace: It's depressing hearing Ed struggle on some of these shows, though. Maybe I'll buy a coloring book to help me process these feelings? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

TremorJam wrote:
In my defense, my back has been driving me crazy and I tried to delete my outburst. I'm not too proud to admit that I'm full of shit sometimes. :peace: It's depressing hearing Ed struggle on some of these shows, though. Maybe I'll buy a coloring book to help me process these feelings? :lol:

outbursts are the point of RM, i wouldn't worry about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam