The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Side Tracked

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dave A Solo Album?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
It's not the content of the message/factoid that is the issue here. It's the timing. He went out of his way to post it after a horrific school shooting. He interjected himself into the conversation.

Who in their right mind was thinking about the creation of a 30 year old song when the news broke? Or better yet, who was thinking about Dave A's role?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:37 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, poor Dave he had a bad day with everyone screaming at him yesterday : ¨this is because of Glorified G you bastard!!¨

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:37 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

He does have a lot of idiots constantly making dumb comments to him on his FB page, I wouldn't be surprised if that post was in response to something quite specific. He probably shouldn't engage with them all, but by and large he does.

I think Dave goes a bit too far occasionally, but I don't think this is an example of that. He made other posts yesterday (before and after the one above) expressing his really sincere grief about the events and his fervent hope for change. I mean, he's a Dad, a Texan, a guy who has owned guns in the past but has no interest in doing so now - it seems an issue pretty close to his heart.

If he's being constantly goaded by people saying he was fired from the band for being a gun-toting right-winger, I can understand why he feels he has to set the record straight (maybe not the best time to do so, but still).

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:40 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

he seems obsessed with PJ.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:50 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

I don't want to armchair psychoanalyse the guy, but he does seem quite fixated on that period of his life. I don't think Facebook helps either, as he's constantly interacting with people who either tell him he's a God and Pearl Jam were never the same after he left, or that he's a jerk and Pearl Jam don't need him etc.

It must be a difficult thing to process. You get plucked out of complete obscurity, thrown into a band who almost immediately became hugely famous, get to experience incredible highs touring the world and recording great albums - and then have it abruptly pulled away when you never saw it coming.

I know most people would eventually dust themselves off and move on with life, but we're not all created equal. I have to extend the guy some degree of understanding, it's clear the breakup with the band is something that still has a significant impact on him.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:50 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Who in their right mind was thinking about the creation of a 30 year old song when the news broke? Or better yet, who was thinking about Dave A's role?

I guarantee you these people exist - and they post on Dave Abbruzzes's Facebook page.

He already had a back-and-forth with a guy who blamed school shootings on the Jeremy video and held Dave partly responsible for being a member of the band at that time.

There's a lot of nuts out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I guarantee you these people exist - and they post on Dave Abbruzzes's Facebook page.

He already had a back-and-forth with a guy who blamed school shootings on the Jeremy video and held Dave partly responsible for being a member of the band at that time.

There's a lot of nuts out there.

And he's choosing to engage with them on a constant basis.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I knew someone was gonna defend him and rationalize his posts

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:07 am 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:

And I knew it would be spenno

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i think he is actually Dave A,

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

Birds in Hell wrote:
I don't want to armchair psychoanalyse the guy, but he does seem quite fixated on that period of his life. I don't think Facebook helps either, as he's constantly interacting with people who either tell him he's a God and Pearl Jam were never the same after he left, or that he's a jerk and Pearl Jam don't need him etc.

It must be a difficult thing to process. You get plucked out of complete obscurity, thrown into a band who almost immediately became hugely famous, get to experience incredible highs touring the world and recording great albums - and then have it abruptly pulled away when you never saw it coming.

I know most people would eventually dust themselves off and move on with life, but we're not all created equal. I have to extend the guy some degree of understanding, it's clear the breakup with the band is something that still has a significant impact on him.

eventually? it's been almost 30 years lol . i think we all would like to see them mend fences

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:16 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I think of it as extending him some level of understanding, rather than defending him as such.

I entirely understand why the band cut ties with him and haven't engaged with him for several decades, but on a human level, I also get why he's still fixated on it many years later.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:09 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i thought dave always claimed the reasons for his firing were never explained to him? he's never mentioned a letter containing an explanation.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:47 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I think of it as extending him some level of understanding, rather than defending him as such.

I entirely understand why the band cut ties with him and haven't engaged with him for several decades, but on a human level, I also get why he's still fixated on it many years later.

That's fine. I understand that.

However, it's been almost 30 years and he's in his 50's. It's embarrassing that he throws shade like that in public. He has every room available to him as an adult to get over it. I stopped extending him anything by year 20

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:33 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

However, it's been almost 30 years and he's in his 50's. It's embarrassing that he throws shade like that in public. He has every room available to him as an adult to get over it. I stopped extending him anything by year 20

Well you do still follow him on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:33 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Well you do still follow him on Facebook

Well you still listen to Wilco !

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:10 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I follow Dave on FB and mot of his posts are fine. He's very active though which I often find a bit odd. And although I find his PJ posts to be rather frequent, I guess he's pandering to why most people are following him.

And I agree with Spenno here.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:01 am 
AnalLog

Yeah, his FB is not always that bad. But at times he still seems soo bitter. Sometimes he reminds me of that Mickey Rourke character in 'The Wrestler', being stuck in an era where he was on top of the world.

And Im still soo suprised that he landed so few gigs after PJ. I mean even Krusen made a living drumming after PJ. Krusen played in several bands and is still touring the world at times with Candlebox. Dave A's main gig is doing session work for an Indonesian rockband at the moment.

Even in the 00"s with all those post-grunge acts in need for a drummer he wasnt asked. Brendan OBrien also never asked (or suggested) him for a session, that guy was a huge producer working with sessions guys all the time.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:55 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, it is weird.

I think his biggest work after Pearl Jam was to play for GNR in the moments they didnt toured. He may have recorded for Axl for a while, but im not sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:50 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

No guys. He's had a solid career playing with exhibition musicians. Not my cup of tea but he's been a working session drummer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Side Tracked