The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 11:09 am
Posts: 73
ridleybradout wrote:
Danacky wrote:
Loving the avocado disc :) any plans on carrying this collection on after you've finished with the albums Ridleybradout and JWB? Personally I'd love to here a live acoustic set and a complete improvs, covers and other rarities

There is going to be a two-disc covers set to go with this. It will include all covers that have been performed over say 10 times.


Great to hear!

I've been listening to that old "Pulled The Covers" comp recently but it's a bit patchy so really looking forward to yours :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 1:44 am 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Rand McNally
AndySlash wrote:
lots of opinions on backspacer i see :arrow:

johnny guitar is underrated.

It sure is - I found a great tight rockin' version from 2010 with correct lyrics :hooray:

As for Santa Cruz, I'm now leaning towards the Bridge School audience version, given the rule I've had about choosing versions as close to their studio recorded arrangement as possible - Bridge School is full band with harmonica (like the studio version), whereas Telluride is Ed solo, no harmonica.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Tue June 05, 2018 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 358
ridleybradout wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
lots of opinions on backspacer i see :arrow:

johnny guitar is underrated.

It sure is - I found a great tight rockin' version from 2010 with correct lyrics :hooray:

As for Santa Cruz, I'm now leaning towards the Bridge School audience version, given the rule I've had about choosing versions as close to their studio recorded arrangement as possible - Bridge School is full band with harmonica (like the studio version), whereas Telluride is Ed solo, no harmonica.


This makes sense to me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 12:29 am 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Rand McNally
ridleybradout wrote:

Image

Quote:
===============
P E A R L J A M
===============
DEFINITIVE LIVE
===============


Compilation and artwork by ridleybradout
June 2018

FAN-MADE PROJECT - NOT FOR SALE

*Share freely but do not distribute as mp3*


It has been almost 13 years since the Green Habit Compilation was put together by the
Red Mosquito Forum community. As the band has now been together for double that length
of time, an update or sequel to this collection was well overdue. Hundreds of official
bootlegs later (including numerous 'vault' releases from the pre-bootleg era), every
song has been put up for review.

Red Mosquito forum users were invited to nominate and debate their favourite versions
of each song, for me to then go away and listen to each to make a final decision:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8556

There were a number of criteria for picking a definitive live version: sound quality,
correct lyrics, no guitar flubs, full band (if that is how the song was recorded in
the studio), electric rather than acoustic (again, if that is how the song was recorded),
and original era/drummer where possible (unless later versions had something really
special). Basically, if you had to represent the essence and power of each song through
one single live version - which would it be?

After a LOT of deliberation, this is what we came up with. Thank you to everyone for
your suggestions and for the discussion to date. This will be a constantly evolving
collection, so will be reviewed as new shows are played or released from the vault.
The best known source for each track has been used, and remastered by JWB only where
required to provide the smoothest possible listening experience.


Disc 10: 'Backspacer'

10-01 Gonna See My Friend (Philadelphia 2009-10-30)
10-02 Got Some (Boston 2010-05-17)
10-03 The Fixer (Brisbane 2009-11-25)
10-04 Johnny Guitar (Hartford 2010-05-15)
10-05 Just Breathe (New York 2010-05-21)
10-06 Amongst The Waves (Philadelphia 2009-10-31)
10-07 Unthought Known (Berlin 2010-06-30)
10-08 Supersonic (New Orleans 2010-05-01)
10-09 Speed Of Sound (Ottawa 2016-05-08)
10-10 Force Of Nature (Melbourne 2009-11-20)
10-11 The End (Los Angeles 2009-10-07)
10-12 Santa Cruz (Bridge School 2010-10-23)






Download here


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Fri June 08, 2018 11:51 pm 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Rand McNally
I know enthusiasm for this project is starting to dry up with the latter albums, but this is the last one so let's pick it up people! Next we're onto covers, which will be a challenging beast...


Getaway
- Sydney 2014-01-26
- Perth 2014-01-31

Mind Your Manners
- Auckland 2014-01-17
- Philadelphia 2016-04-28
- Spokane 2013-11-30

My Father’s Son
- Adelaide 2014-01-31
- St Louis 2014-10-03
- Stockholm 2014-06-28

Sirens
- Portland 2013-11-29
- Leeds 2014-07-08
- Milton Keynes 2014-07-11

Lightning Bolt
- Oklahoma City 2013-11-16
- Lexington 2016-04-26

Infallible
- Miami 2016-04-09
- Moline 2014-10-17
- Worchester 2013-10-15
- Vancouver 2013-12-04

Pendulum
- Philadelphia 2013-10-22
- St. Louis 2014-10-03
- Seattle 2013-12-06

Swallowed Whole (no versions with correct lyrics so don't waste your time trying to find one :( )
- Charlottesville 2013-10-29
- Greenville 2016-04-16
- St. Louis 2014-10-03

Let the Records Play
- Oklahoma City 2013-11-11
- Memphis 2014-10-14

Sleeping By Myself
- Los Angeles 2013-11-24
- Milwaukee 2014-10-20
- Telluride 2016-07-09

Yellow Moon
- Brooklyn 2013-11-19
- Oslo 2014-06-29
- Charlotte 2013-10-30

Future Days
- Werchter 2014-07-05
- Denver 2014-10-22
- Brooklyn 2013-11-19

Ole
- Ottawa 2011-09-14


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Fri June 08, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49175
Yellow Moon from Charlotte and LtRP from Memphis are both good choices

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Sat June 09, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1562
Location: Minneapolis
what are the shortest versions of sirens and future days? i'd pick those.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Sun June 08, 2014 12:03 pm
Posts: 3
Getaway
- Seattle 2013-12-06

Mind Your Manners
- Baltimore 2013-10-27

My Father’s Son
- Adelaide 2014-01-31

Sirens
- Philadelphia 2013-10-22

Lightning Bolt
- Spokane 2013-11-30

Infallible
- Brooklyn 2013-11-19

Pendulum
- Pittsburgh 2013-10-11

Swallowed Whole
- Charlottesville 2013-10-29

Let the Records Play
- Gold Coast 2014-01-19

Sleeping By Myself
- Los Angeles 2013-11-24

Yellow Moon
- Phoenix 2013-11-19

Future Days
- Dallas 2013-11-15

These are just my suggestions....

Also, your "Lightning Bolt Live" comp was great, why not just recycle that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:07 am 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Rand McNally
ZebZuber wrote:
Getaway
- Seattle 2013-12-06

Mind Your Manners
- Baltimore 2013-10-27

My Father’s Son
- Adelaide 2014-01-31

Sirens
- Philadelphia 2013-10-22

Lightning Bolt
- Spokane 2013-11-30

Infallible
- Brooklyn 2013-11-19

Pendulum
- Pittsburgh 2013-10-11

Swallowed Whole
- Charlottesville 2013-10-29

Let the Records Play
- Gold Coast 2014-01-19

Sleeping By Myself
- Los Angeles 2013-11-24

Yellow Moon
- Phoenix 2013-11-19

Future Days
- Dallas 2013-11-15

These are just my suggestions....

Also, your was great, why not just recycle that?

Because there have been 3 more years of the never-ending Lightning Bolt tour since then, so I want to be sure there aren't better versions available. All the versions in my "Lightning Bolt Live" comp are included in the above list.

Thanks for your suggestions, I see they are from 'The Projects' - were you involved in the creation of those comps at all?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Definitive Live Versions (a Green Habit sequ
PostPosted: Sun June 17, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Sun June 08, 2014 12:03 pm
Posts: 3
ridleybradout wrote:
ZebZuber wrote:
Getaway
- Seattle 2013-12-06

Mind Your Manners
- Baltimore 2013-10-27

My Father’s Son
- Adelaide 2014-01-31

Sirens
- Philadelphia 2013-10-22

Lightning Bolt
- Spokane 2013-11-30

Infallible
- Brooklyn 2013-11-19

Pendulum
- Pittsburgh 2013-10-11

Swallowed Whole
- Charlottesville 2013-10-29

Let the Records Play
- Gold Coast 2014-01-19

Sleeping By Myself
- Los Angeles 2013-11-24

Yellow Moon
- Phoenix 2013-11-19

Future Days
- Dallas 2013-11-15

These are just my suggestions....

Also, your was great, why not just recycle that?

Because there have been 3 more years of the never-ending Lightning Bolt tour since then, so I want to be sure there aren't better versions available. All the versions in my "Lightning Bolt Live" comp are included in the above list.

Thanks for your suggestions, I see they are from 'The Projects' - were you involved in the creation of those comps at all?


No, I wasn't involved with The Projects, but I really, really enjoyed them. I liked the song selection they went with on LB, but figured it would sound better with your editing. You seem to make things sound so seamless and fluid like it all goes together.

3 more years of the never-ending Lightning Bolt tour makes a lot of sense in the song selection process. I didn't think of that :) Keep up the good work. It is extremely appreciated.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bodysnatcher, kingjeremy, pappas and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri June 22, 2018 2:01 am