19%
2 stars
4%
1 star
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: Song of the Moment: W.M.A.

Tue March 21, 2017 1:59 pm

I've always liked this song, and felt it was a little underrated. I mean, I guess I understand considering it's on an album with the likes of Go, Animal, Daughter, and RVM (among other strong songs). Anyway, I'm glad it has made it into the live rotation and isn't just relegated as a Daughter tag.

Tue March 21, 2017 5:38 pm

evenslow wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:I've never noticed at the very, very end right as the song fades into the very end of silence, you can hear someone (gotta be Ed) hacking up a lung

the cocker spaniel does it again

:haha: I got a new pair of really nice headphones for work, and they've worked wonders

Tue March 21, 2017 7:16 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
evenslow wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:I've never noticed at the very, very end right as the song fades into the very end of silence, you can hear someone (gotta be Ed) hacking up a lung

the cocker spaniel does it again

:haha: I got a new pair of really nice headphones for work, and they've worked wonders

apparently!

Mon July 06, 2020 6:14 pm

https://youtu.be/U4-mKh4anJk

Song rules. An old PJ song has never felt more fresh to me.

Mon July 06, 2020 11:12 pm

PJ's best political song

Tue July 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Ms Harmless wrote:PJ's best political song

Agreed. I think the message being really clear helps a great deal.

Tue July 07, 2020 5:50 pm

mkay0 wrote:Agreed. I think the message being really clear helps a great deal.

mikejasond wrote:POLICE STOP BY TRIBAL YELLLL

Wed July 08, 2020 1:23 am

Ed was seriously ahead of his time with this one

Thu July 09, 2020 11:51 am

I hope they tighten this one up good and play it often on the upcoming tour.

Thu July 09, 2020 3:01 pm

LikeLukin wrote:I hope they tighten this one up good and play it often on the upcoming tour.

yes, i would love that.

Thu July 09, 2020 3:56 pm

It was a real highlight hearing this during the Daughter tag at the 2014 St. Louis show (a few months after the Michael Brown shooting). It had a real old school fire to it.

Fri July 10, 2020 1:27 am

maybe they could put Josh Kutie-pants to use on some extra percussion and spruce this thing up

Fri July 10, 2020 1:58 am

I do not see how this is a political song. It is a song of social commentary. Politics have nothing to do with a white asshole that happens to have got himself a job as a cop being a bigoted racist. Some of the most empathetic humans i have met have been in law enforcement as well some of the biggest pricks. I never viewed it as political. WWS is political as is Green Disease. Ed does do great performance on WMA. The song musically blows to me. I have received a negative reaction to my distain for this song. I should explain the lyrics are great, but they should have been paired up with a dark foreboding sound. Musically it is like a hippy burning man stoner trance track. The music could have paired well with a nature theme or something about the passage of time .

Fri July 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Tj wrote:

I do not see how this is a political song. It is a song of social commentary. Politics have nothing to do with a white asshole that happens to have got himself a job as a cop being a bigoted racist.

Police are a tool of the state. Any discussion of police is, by definition, political.

Fri July 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Yeah TJ that's a pretty dumb take.

Sat July 11, 2020 2:52 am

Jesus Christ. tree_ has a second account.

Sat July 11, 2020 5:43 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:It was a real highlight hearing this during the Daughter tag at the 2014 St. Louis show (a few months after the Michael Brown shooting). It had a real old school fire to it.

:bammer:
Post a reply