1 Star
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: Song of the Moment: Glorified G

Fri June 03, 2016 11:37 pm

Why "hunting"

Fri June 03, 2016 11:37 pm

Like, why the quotation marks. Were they not really hunting?

Fri June 03, 2016 11:39 pm

I think because hunting with automatic or even semi-automatic rifles is not really a fair hunt. Here it's mostly bow-hunters. When those guys bag an elk with a bow, I have to say that I'm impressed.

Fri June 03, 2016 11:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I think because hunting with automatic or even semi-automatic rifles is not really a fair hunt. Here it's mostly bow-hunters. When those guys bag an elk with a bow, I have to say that I'm impressed.

Yea, pretty much. Just doesn't really seem like hunting when one has such an enormous advantage, even some bow hunters can hit shots from 50+ yards away. Seems less like hunting and more like murder the easier it gets.

Wed August 10, 2016 5:47 am

Ed sounds great on this.

http://youtu.be/zd2xEi_thBM

Wed August 10, 2016 3:02 pm

This just reminds me that mikejasond disappeared just as suddenly as he appeared.

Wed August 10, 2016 3:28 pm

I've always had this one far down on my list despite liking Ed's vocal style with some catchy pop guitar work and the outro is good. The whole has never added up to the individual strengths to me.
Red state surburbanite here with plenty of God & gun types to go around.

Wed August 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Leatherhead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Living in MT is slowly changing my outlook on "gun nuts." I recognize those people exist, and they still terrify me. But MT seems unique in that the gun-lovers here are true freedom lovers: they love transgender people, they love the environment, and they love guns.

I see a lot of definite "gun nuts" where I live. Confederate flag on big obnoxious truck, mouth full of chewing tobacco, dead animal in back of obnoxious truck after "hunting," Trump bumper sticker, the works. Glorified G really speaks to my inner hatred of these kind of people.

Liberal condescension toward conservative stereotypes is the lamest, most boring thing in the world, and only ever makes art banal and embarrassing.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:11 am

43:02

Mon April 24, 2017 3:24 am

I fucking love this song.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:26 am

Can anyone clarify what the fuck Bossman is talking about here?

"Glorified G" was one that went through a series of changes, and barely held together the whole time. We all knew there were melodies and riffs in it we liked. But even listening to the song right up to the mixing stage I was going, "Does this work at all?!" Here was Mike playing a very up, country guitar line while I'm playing this choppy down riff on the opposite end of the groove spectrum. Meanwhile, Jeff's got this totally other bass line going that's not really steady, and he's going off in a melodic direction, too. So there's not really anybody holding it down, and Dave's got to decide either to play it more the country way or play it the funky way. There was this precarious balance, and then suddenly the bridge comes in from out of the blue, which, if Eddie doesn't sing it just right, sounds sort of foreign. Finally, it never goes back to the chorus at the end, it turns into something else."

Mon April 24, 2017 3:28 am

evenslow wrote:Can anyone clarify what the fuck Bossman is talking about here?

"Glorified G" was one that went through a series of changes, and barely held together the whole time. We all knew there were melodies and riffs in it we liked. But even listening to the song right up to the mixing stage I was going, "Does this work at all?!" Here was Mike playing a very up, country guitar line while I'm playing this choppy down riff on the opposite end of the groove spectrum. Meanwhile, Jeff's got this totally other bass line going that's not really steady, and he's going off in a melodic direction, too. So there's not really anybody holding it down, and Dave's got to decide either to play it more the country way or play it the funky way. There was this precarious balance, and then suddenly the bridge comes in from out of the blue, which, if Eddie doesn't sing it just right, sounds sort of foreign. Finally, it never goes back to the chorus at the end, it turns into something else."

Glorified G

Mon April 24, 2017 3:28 am

Well, I'm aroused.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:29 am

PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

Is the "country guitar line" the main hook?

Mon April 24, 2017 3:30 am

evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

has to be. It has a certain twang.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:31 am

evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

I think it's a safe assumption.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:32 am

PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

"Opposite end of the groove spectrum" really gets me goin'.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:33 am

evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

Hence the boner.

Mon April 24, 2017 3:34 am

PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

Hence the boner.

New sig?

Mon April 24, 2017 3:40 am

evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Well, I'm aroused.

Hence the boner.

New sig?

It probably should be, but I drop a bomb like this nearly every single day.
Post a reply