1 Star
6%

Total votes : 34

Song of the Moment: Glorified G

Fri December 28, 2012 4:49 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Glorified G

Fri April 29, 2016 6:14 pm

I've been listening to this song today, and I love it. I always have. GLORIFIED! GLORIFIED! :heartbeat:

Fri April 29, 2016 7:44 pm

The lyrics are cheesy but man the music and vocals sound good...

Sat April 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Just heard the 4/13/16 version on Sirius xm

I think this song lacks a ton of the energy and groove from the album version live and I'm gonna go ahead and blame Matt Cameron. Again.

Mon May 23, 2016 7:38 am

If you can't love this there is something inherently wrong with you.

(Terrible video quality, awesome performance)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iRfdyTXA4

Tue May 24, 2016 4:44 am

I actually don't mind these lyrics at all, might even like 'em.

Tue May 24, 2016 5:00 am

Leatherhead wrote:I actually don't mind these lyrics at all, might even like 'em.

Same

Tue May 24, 2016 1:14 pm

:shake:

Tue May 24, 2016 1:36 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote::shake:

That is coming from someone who hates "Go", LV, so take it for what it is worth.

Mon May 30, 2016 4:38 am

PHATJ wrote:If you can't love this there is something inherently wrong with you.

fucking thank you

Mon May 30, 2016 9:44 pm

knee tunes wrote:
PHATJ wrote:If you can't love this there is something inherently wrong with you.

fucking thank you

:ohyeah!:

Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 pm

The outro of this song still rocks in a righteous way. Triumphant fist-pumping anthem with some silly-yet-passionate lyrics. The weirdness of the riffs throughout manages to effectively put the band's '93-era stamp on the "protest rock" genre.

Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

The last 1:30 of this song is one of my favorite moments in the entire PJ catalog. Ed's vocals soar and hit me in my musical sweet spot. The guitar solo is fun and always makes me feel good. I just love it so much.

Like some...I can steal your heart from your neck...

Glorified... Glorified... :bammer:
Last edited by PHATJ on Mon May 30, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 30, 2016 9:59 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:The outro of this song still rocks in a righteous way. Triumphant fist-pumping anthem with some silly-yet-passionate lyrics. The weirdness of the riffs throughout manages to effectively put the band's '93-era stamp on the "protest rock" genre.

Lolz.. I was typing my post while you posted yours. Couldn't agree more.

Tue May 31, 2016 12:20 am

PHATJ wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:The outro of this song still rocks in a righteous way. Triumphant fist-pumping anthem with some silly-yet-passionate lyrics. The weirdness of the riffs throughout manages to effectively put the band's '93-era stamp on the "protest rock" genre.

Lolz.. I was typing my post while you posted yours. Couldn't agree more.

:bammer: I was rocking out to this on a drive just the other day.

Tue May 31, 2016 4:36 am

PHATJ wrote:The last 1:30 of this song is one of my favorite moments in the entire PJ catalog. Ed's vocals soar and hit me in my musical sweet spot. The guitar solo is fun and always makes me feel good. I just love it so much.

Yeah, that ending solo is pretty Rolling Stones. The way it resolves at the end. A happy drunk feeling.

Tue May 31, 2016 8:35 am

A true example of where heart and feet rule over the brain. When I think too much listening to GG it suffers. Just let go and enjoy one hell of a ride. Stupidly good.

Fri June 03, 2016 11:20 pm

I don't get why people don't like these lyrics, I love making fun of gun nuts. Ed should write Glorified G part 2. "Obama's gonna take our guns!"

Fri June 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Living in MT is slowly changing my outlook on "gun nuts." I recognize those people exist, and they still terrify me. But MT seems unique in that the gun-lovers here are true freedom lovers: they love transgender people, they love the environment, and they love guns.

Fri June 03, 2016 11:33 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Living in MT is slowly changing my outlook on "gun nuts." I recognize those people exist, and they still terrify me. But MT seems unique in that the gun-lovers here are true freedom lovers: they love transgender people, they love the environment, and they love guns.

I see a lot of definite "gun nuts" where I live. Confederate flag on big obnoxious truck, mouth full of chewing tobacco, dead animal in back of obnoxious truck after "hunting," Trump bumper sticker, the works. Glorified G really speaks to my inner hatred of these kind of people.
Post a reply