The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
CopperTom wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Thanks! I don't want to be "that guy," but is the RRHoF sourced from the new BluRay?


R&RHOF is sourced from the HD TV broadcast (which is the same source used for the 'TV Master Archives' Bluray). RITFW is mostly sourced from the Facebook video (published by R&RHOF IIRC), as the broadcast version was heavily cut. I also patched out the poorly edited partial Michael J Fox dedication at the beginning of 'Given To Fly' :thumbsup:


Gotcha. But I was referring to the officially released Blu Ray, not the fan project Blu Ray. I'm not even sure that would be an upgrade over the HDTV source anyway.

The audio is on Redacted if you're curious.

Ooooo! I didn't even know this existed! Will check out now :)

Edit: Definitely a higher bitrate on the official bluray (24-48 DTS-HD MA 2) so there will be an update to Disc 3 soon...


I don't know whether to say sorry or yay! It was just released about 2 weeks ago.

If you are out of tokens, let me know.

All good, it's a 'yay' from me :)

I just grabbed it, however the first couple of seconds of Alive and GTF appear to be missing :?

Do you happen to have the actual bluray? If so could you check whether the disc is like that? Hopefully it's just a bad rip...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
I was diving, I was diving
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9991
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Thanks! I don't want to be "that guy," but is the RRHoF sourced from the new BluRay?


R&RHOF is sourced from the HD TV broadcast (which is the same source used for the 'TV Master Archives' Bluray). RITFW is mostly sourced from the Facebook video (published by R&RHOF IIRC), as the broadcast version was heavily cut. I also patched out the poorly edited partial Michael J Fox dedication at the beginning of 'Given To Fly' :thumbsup:


Gotcha. But I was referring to the officially released Blu Ray, not the fan project Blu Ray. I'm not even sure that would be an upgrade over the HDTV source anyway.

The audio is on Redacted if you're curious.

Ooooo! I didn't even know this existed! Will check out now :)

Edit: Definitely a higher bitrate on the official bluray (24-48 DTS-HD MA 2) so there will be an update to Disc 3 soon...


I don't know whether to say sorry or yay! It was just released about 2 weeks ago.

If you are out of tokens, let me know.

All good, it's a 'yay' from me :)

I just grabbed it, however the first couple of seconds of Alive and GTF appear to be missing :?

Do you happen to have the actual bluray? If so could you check whether the disc is like that? Hopefully it's just a bad rip...


I can check it after work.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
Thanks man :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I was diving, I was diving
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9991
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
The 3 songs appear to be complete. Alive starts with, "Dave Krusen, for the first time in 25 years." GTF starts with the shout out to Michael J Fox.

I can't rip - I don't have a Blu-Ray drive on my PC.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
CopperTom wrote:
The 3 songs appear to be complete. Alive starts with, "Dave Krusen, for the first time in 25 years." GTF starts with the shout out to Michael J Fox.

I can't rip - I don't have a Blu-Ray drive on my PC.


Good to hear they're complete, thanks for confirming.

Does anyone else have this Bluray and the ability to rip?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 29, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 2
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
The 3 songs appear to be complete. Alive starts with, "Dave Krusen, for the first time in 25 years." GTF starts with the shout out to Michael J Fox.

I can't rip - I don't have a Blu-Ray drive on my PC.


Good to hear they're complete, thanks for confirming.

Does anyone else have this Bluray and the ability to rip?


Working on it now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
EGrover wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
The 3 songs appear to be complete. Alive starts with, "Dave Krusen, for the first time in 25 years." GTF starts with the shout out to Michael J Fox.

I can't rip - I don't have a Blu-Ray drive on my PC.


Good to hear they're complete, thanks for confirming.

Does anyone else have this Bluray and the ability to rip?


Working on it now

:nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat November 25, 2017 9:44 am
Posts: 5
Once again and amazing comp and an amazing piece of work. Thanks ridleybradout and JWB. looking forward to the update and any future projects


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
Disc 3 has now been updated with the new official Bluray source for R&RHOF - thanks EGrover!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I was diving, I was diving
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9991
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Same link as before?

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1651
Location: Minneapolis
date added for disc 3 says 5-21 (others are 5-13) so i assume so.

also, thanks much, y'all. always good listening with these.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 11:09 am
Posts: 78
ridleybradout wrote:
Disc 3 has now been updated with the new official Bluray source for R&RHOF - thanks EGrover!


Tremendous effort once again here, ridleybradout!

Damn that RVM from SNL is my definitive version of it for sure - spine-tingling stuff!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat August 10, 2013 5:40 pm
Posts: 29
Would you consider add (as an extra) Eddie Vedder performance at the Oscar 2018?

I got a mkv 720p version


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat August 10, 2013 5:40 pm
Posts: 29
Some great TV performance missing (or maybe for a great extra disc) you can consider Fuckin Up with Neil Young at RNRHF 1995 and Letterman 1999 Eddie Vedder with Pete Townshend.

For me both are master class performance


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I was diving, I was diving
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9991
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
This isn't an EV TV appearance project.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: PJ Late Night Television (3CD compilation)
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Rand McNally
CopperTom wrote:
This isn't an EV TV appearance project.

Exactly.

The two EV Letterman appearances are included as bonus tracks because:

Without You - from significant EV solo album (i.e. included in PJ20 book, songs played at PJ shows)
Better Man - PJ song :P


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat October 20, 2018 10:59 am