The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Jeremy now.

Eddie...STOP SINGING 'FATHER' AND 'MOTHER'. Such an awkward moment on such a great singalong song


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
I Got Id. Not a song I love. Its alright. I like the pre-choruses. Sounds pretty cool after Jeremy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2127
mikejasond wrote:
Jeremy now.

Eddie...STOP SINGING 'FATHER' AND 'MOTHER'. Such an awkward moment on such a great singalong song


This doesn't bother me at all really. Fuck the singalongs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Leatherhead wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Jeremy now.

Eddie...STOP SINGING 'FATHER' AND 'MOTHER'. Such an awkward moment on such a great singalong song


This doesn't bother me at all really. Fuck the singalongs.


Singalongs are awesome. And its one of the most powerful lines (Just in terms of vocal delivery) in the song. So changing the words of it is awkward. Just like changing the first word of Even Flow, which is made a little more excusable since most people don't know the words. I hate both though. At least he hasn't touched Black.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2127
I'd take all crowd noise out of every bootleg if I could.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
RVM is not one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs, but it is a good live one. Eddie's vocals are awful in the first half though. I do like how they handle the instrumental section.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50001
Singalongs are fine for one or two songs in a 30 song set, but not every other song.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Leatherhead wrote:
I'd take all crowd noise out of every bootleg if I could.


I dunno, the singalongs are often my favorite part, especially live. Id love the crowd to sing every song as loudly as possible


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50001
mikejasond wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I'd take all crowd noise out of every bootleg if I could.


I dunno, the singalongs are often my favorite part, especially live. Id love the crowd to sing every song as loudly as possible

just listen to a South American boot. They do.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2127
mikejasond wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I'd take all crowd noise out of every bootleg if I could.


I dunno, the singalongs are often my favorite part, especially live. Id love the crowd to sing every song as loudly as possible


:| :shock:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Pretty decent first set. Nothing spectacular. Some songs sounded really bad. Infallible is one of my favorite LB songs but is just not a good live one when Eddie can't sing it.

Cool hearing Marker in the Sand, Light Years, and Immortality, while also putting in a lot of the basic hits. No Corduroy though. that's surprising, they almost always play it in the first set. First six songs were a good choice.

Biggest problem is Eddie just doesn't sound good on boots anymore. But it seems like it was a nice set for those there live.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2127
mikejasond wrote:
Pretty decent first set. Nothing spectacular. Some songs sounded really bad. Infallible is one of my favorite LB songs but is just not a good live one when Eddie can't sing it.

Cool hearing Marker in the Sand, Light Years, and Immortality, while also putting in a lot of the basic hits. No Corduroy though. that's surprising, they almost always play it in the first set. First six songs were a good choice.

Biggest problem is Eddie just doesn't sound good on boots anymore. But it seems like it was a nice set for those there live.


There's still a ton of songs Eddie sounds great on, I think they need to focus on those more.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
I enjoyed the Into the Wild song


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Leatherhead wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Pretty decent first set. Nothing spectacular. Some songs sounded really bad. Infallible is one of my favorite LB songs but is just not a good live one when Eddie can't sing it.

Cool hearing Marker in the Sand, Light Years, and Immortality, while also putting in a lot of the basic hits. No Corduroy though. that's surprising, they almost always play it in the first set. First six songs were a good choice.

Biggest problem is Eddie just doesn't sound good on boots anymore. But it seems like it was a nice set for those there live.


There's still a ton of songs Eddie sounds great on, I think they need to focus on those more.


I could agree with that. Unfortunately that would mean cutting some classic songs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Sleight of Hand probably made some people really happy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50001
mikejasond wrote:
Sleight of Hand probably made some people really happy

:wave:

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Footsteps FTW.

This is a good Encore 1 so far.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Eddie always plays his harmonica parts perfectly


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
Wow at All Those Yesterdays. This is a crazy set. In 2013 that was one of my favorites for some reason, though it doesnt do quite as much as it did at the time for me. But I got it at Brooklyn 2 that year which was exciting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2356
I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

HATE

HATE

HATE

HATE

Eddie going "Stop...stop. Stop." in this ridiculous voice. I get that like 0%


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 21, 2018 7:47 pm