27%
2 stars
14%
1 star
6%

Total votes : 49

Re: Song of the Moment: Of the Earth

Fri January 05, 2024 7:59 pm

this is one of the band's most romanticized, yet overrated songs in their catalogue. let's bury this thing for good.

Fri January 05, 2024 10:35 pm

Fuck you. I love it.

Fri January 05, 2024 10:59 pm

I wouldn't say I love it. But I do like it.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:03 pm

I would like to hear a 2005 avocado leak version, with quiet/placeholder vocals (if it exists)... otherwise i'm not really interested in it being remade/reworked.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:21 pm

Pretty cool instrumental.
Let's be honest. The vocal melody Ed was trying to fit in there was never going to work.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:23 pm

Still like this one a lot, more than most of the stuff the band have churned out over the last however-many years.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:39 pm

The music in this is fine but i just can’t get past Ed’s constipated singing.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:40 pm

this song is great

closest thing they have done to 'spirit of Dave A' since their fatal mistake eliminating Dave A

this type of energy is what separates the real PJ fans from the crybaby wussibabies who like to mope in their bedrooms alone and feel sorry for their #FirstWorldProblems

go buy more black t-shirts and reissues

crybabies
Spoiler: show
that don't exist that i am making up in my mind

Fri January 05, 2024 11:43 pm

I really hate black t-shirts

Fri January 05, 2024 11:54 pm

Is this really that overrated? Seems like the responses in this thread range from “lukewarm” to “fond, but measured.” Does it have a huge following elsewhere?

I process this one similarly to how I process their improvs — this clearly has a more concrete structure than an improv but it really doesn’t feel any more finished than one, so I kind of just take the good parts and accept the rest for what it is. Not a great achievement or anything, but not unenjoyable to hear.

I have no interest in hearing a modern studio version. I kind of like that it is one of a very few PJ originals that only exists as a live performance, without any of the mixing/mastering/production baggage that informs so many of their recent efforts.

Fri January 05, 2024 11:59 pm

I’d enjoy a S/T-era studio outtake but otherwise team KD

Sat January 06, 2024 12:06 am

I would definitely be interested in hearing that too

Sat January 06, 2024 12:07 am

what if this new version features Boom in a searing vibraphone solo

Sat January 06, 2024 12:29 am

it was an unfinished jam, not a song

Sat January 06, 2024 12:43 am

What a chore it is to even remember this. I think listening to it gave me long COVID.

Sat January 06, 2024 2:13 am

https://voca.ro/12SOUjKnUN9w

Sat January 06, 2024 2:22 am

Kevin Davis wrote:Is this really that overrated? Seems like the responses in this thread range from “lukewarm” to “fond, but measured.” Does it have a huge following elsewhere?

I process this one similarly to how I process their improvs — this clearly has a more concrete structure than an improv but it really doesn’t feel any more finished than one, so I kind of just take the good parts and accept the rest for what it is. Not a great achievement or anything, but not unenjoyable to hear.

I have no interest in hearing a modern studio version. I kind of like that it is one of a very few PJ originals that only exists as a live performance, without any of the mixing/mastering/production baggage that informs so many of their recent efforts.

its in the falling down camp for me in that way

Sat January 06, 2024 3:58 am

Great song. I gave it 5 stars

Sat January 06, 2024 4:07 am

Oh moses smell the roses

Sat January 06, 2024 10:33 am

5 stars
Post a reply