Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

Re: Temple of the Dog - 25 Years

Tue November 22, 2016 3:33 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Philly and MSG posters are on sale, and they look pretty great:

https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/2016- ... hia-poster
https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/2016- ... msg-poster

The last Seattle one goes on sale today. Goes nicely with the other Ames Bros posters.

Thu December 01, 2016 3:53 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Today marks the 25 year anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog.

Thoughts? Do you still give it a spin? How has it aged? Should they reform and do a followup album/tour/moneygrab?

Are we fucking old now, or what?

it worked out well, sarge

Thu December 08, 2016 10:15 pm

96583UP wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Today marks the 25 year anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog.

Thoughts? Do you still give it a spin? How has it aged? Should they reform and do a followup album/tour/moneygrab?

Are we fucking old now, or what?

it worked out well, sarge

Thanks for posting this! I was there the second night in just about the same spot this was shot from...great show!

Mon December 12, 2016 1:45 am

Yeah thanks for posting! Love the version of Seasons, totally unexpected to see them bust that out full band.

Mon December 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Revelator wrote:Yeah thanks for posting! Love the version of Seasons, totally unexpected to see them bust that out full band.

Seasons is so beautiful...the end with Chris and Stone together was priceless.

Mon December 12, 2016 5:27 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
Revelator wrote:Yeah thanks for posting! Love the version of Seasons, totally unexpected to see them bust that out full band.

Seasons is so beautiful...the end with Chris and Stone together was priceless.

It was the highlight of the show for me and my buddy. So great.

Mon December 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Its really impressive to see Stone and Jeff doing this, pearl jam, the green river reunion a few years ago...those two really got it.

Wed December 14, 2016 12:02 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Its really impressive to see Stone and Jeff doing this, pearl jam, the green river reunion a few years ago...those two really got it.

Imagine what could be done if their focus was solely on Pearl Jam again.

Wed December 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Its really impressive to see Stone and Jeff doing this, pearl jam, the green river reunion a few years ago...those two really got it.

Imagine what could be done if their focus was solely on Pearl Jam again.

I dont think it this is the reason they are not making more music with PJ. They always had side proyects and stuff around.

Fri January 06, 2017 4:55 am

You guys this album is still SO GOOD.

it really hasn't aged for me

Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm

New TOTD music coming?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/ ... ing-again/

Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:New TOTD music coming?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/ ... ing-again/

Man I hope they at least tour again

Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm more excited for this than PJ #11.

Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 pm

If nothing else, maybe the band will once again learn what its like to have and create space in their songs. That is when mike, matt, jeff, and stone are at their best.

Wed May 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Strat wrote:If nothing else, maybe the band will once again learn what its like to have and create space in their songs. That is when mike, matt, jeff, and stone are at their best.

Yes, I'm hoping for the same thing. The original TOTD record has a lot of open space in the music -- riffs and melodies develop over the course of a song, there are some great dynamics. Of course a new album will have its own sound, but I'm really hoping they'll tap into what made that first record so special.

Wed May 03, 2017 6:39 pm

With or without new music, I hope they tour in the fall.

Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Does anyone think Cornell's comments carry any more weight than Mike McCready talking about his solo album?

Wed May 03, 2017 11:15 pm

No.

It's the same as one of us telling a friend, "yeah man, let's go grab some beers next week" and then you never do

Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:No.

It's the same as one of us telling a friend, "yeah man, let's go grab some beers next week" and then you never do

Key takeaway: The new TOTD record will be a concept album about Lenny.

Thu May 04, 2017 3:02 am

the new TOTD album will come out before the new PJ album when the PJ 4 decide they would rather prioritize writing new TOTD in two years than writing new PJ

or maybe Ed's latest hairplug treatment goes awry and he loses his voice for several months and the PJ 4 have no better option really than to call up matt cameron chris cornell to replace jack irons ed vedder
Post a reply