Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

Re: Temple of the Dog - 25 Years

Mon November 07, 2016 9:56 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
hlniv wrote:I have decided I have to go see a show. I can't miss it. I loved the two Cornell solo shows I've seen, and seeing him front my favorite band, it just seems like an opportunity I can't pass up. Think I can make LA work. Any tips for that one? Anyone going to that one?

The only tip I can give is that there are some really great, affordable Air BnB's in Topanga Canyon, which is beautiful. You'll need a car, though.

I always wanted to get in Topanga's Canyon when I was younger, if yaknow wut I mean :naughty:

:naughty: indeed

Tue November 08, 2016 9:46 am

I've never really connected with this record but I've been playing it a lot over the last few days and have been enjoying the hell out of it.

Just took a quick listen to Brendan's new mix from the reissue out of curiosity and it's seriously terrible.

Tue November 08, 2016 10:58 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I've never really connected with this record but I've been playing it a lot over the last few days and have been enjoying the hell out of it.

Just took a quick listen to Brendan's new mix from the reissue out of curiosity and it's seriously terrible.

I really never liked it as a sit down and listen album, but it works well as background music. The slower songs are some of my favorite Cornell work and I'm not going risk them being ruined for me by plink-plonk O'Brien

Tue November 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I've never really connected with this record but I've been playing it a lot over the last few days and have been enjoying the hell out of it.

Yeah, i might do that but i dont need anything new from this album. Its just perfect as it it.

Wed November 09, 2016 2:20 am

Adam Kasper's alt. mixes on the first disc are really worthwhile, however.

His mix of Wooden Jesus brings up (what I presume to be) Stone's main guitar line that's muted through the intro and first verse on the regular album mix and it sounds great.

Wed November 09, 2016 2:45 am

Birds in Hell wrote:Adam Kasper's alt. mixes on the first disc are really worthwhile, however.

His mix of Wooden Jesus brings up (what I presume to be) Stone's main guitar line that's muted through the intro and first verse on the regular album mix and it sounds great.

Absolutely, the alternative mixes were a saving grace of this reissue. The take on Say Hello To Heaven :shock:

Mon November 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Flying into Seattle for show 1 on Sunday (ten club lottery winner)

I have Sat and Sunday planned out, need a recommendation for friday night, preferable with live music.
Were staying at hotel on Pine but will Uber the shit outta it if it involves getting there by car

Mon November 14, 2016 11:53 pm

commo wrote:Flying into Seattle for show 1 on Sunday (ten club lottery winner)

I have Sat and Sunday planned out, need a recommendation for friday night, preferable with live music.
Were staying at hotel on Pine but will Uber the shit outta it if it involves getting there by car

Congrats on your 10C contest win! I don't have any recommendations, but I shared some food and drink options a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8572&p=818421&hilit=walrus+carpenter#p818421

Tue November 15, 2016 12:06 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
commo wrote:Flying into Seattle for show 1 on Sunday (ten club lottery winner)

Congrats on your 10C contest win! I don't have any recommendations, but I shared some food and drink options a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8572&p=818421&hilit=walrus+carpenter#p818421

thank u sir

Tue November 15, 2016 12:37 am

Are the demos full band demos including Mike?

Mon November 21, 2016 7:26 am

I wonder what its like to be the other two guys in Mother Love Bone.

Mon November 21, 2016 1:29 pm

If the stories are to be believed, probably very sooty.

Mon November 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:If the stories are to be believed, probably very sooty.

:lol:

Mon November 21, 2016 2:10 pm

what stories?

Mon November 21, 2016 2:11 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

what stories?

see, VG, it was a joke about Pearl Jam "rising from the ashes" of Mother Love Bone...

Mon November 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Oh.

OH i see....OK.

Mon November 21, 2016 2:28 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Oh.

OH i see....OK.

Mon November 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Philly and MSG posters are on sale, and they look pretty great:

https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/2016- ... hia-poster
https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/2016- ... msg-poster

Mon November 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Holy shit, dude, that is some top shelf humor. :lol:

Tue November 22, 2016 5:32 am

daft twat wrote:

Holy shit, dude, that is some top shelf humor. :lol:

:thumbsup:
Post a reply