The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 643 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: General Pearl Jam Praising
PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 1:08 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I thought I'd start this in honour of various newbies joining the site and starting threads to say the new songs are awesome. I've been getting cranky with them, but in essence, I believe they (and we) should have a place on the RM map marked out for general praise of the band that keeps us here, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till Matt's departure does them part. More specifically, I have been listening to the Lollapalooza 2013 gig for the very first time today, and thoroughly enjoying it for the most part. I even think Matt is doing great at a lot of stuff here. And sure, the gig includes Comatose (tuned down) and Ole. But that's OK. Am I allowed to post the link to the whole thing? Please remove if not, but otherwise, here it is:

Post subject: Re: General Pearl Jam Praising
PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 1:41 pm 
tl;dr

Not sure if this belongs in the praising or bitching thread, but I think the new 1998 Vault thing is the best Pearl Jam release in years.

I'm going to say it belongs here, since I'm the kind of guy who generally prefers to see the glass as

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 1:53 pm 
A Return To Form

If we are going to do this..

let's do it properly

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 2:29 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I can't believe that after a 3 hour rain delay, they came out and rocked so hard. I also can't believe that 98 percent of the people there didn't leave. Obviously, they are doing something right.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 2:32 pm 

mkay0 wrote:
I can't believe that after a 3 hour rain delay, they came out and rocked so hard. I also can't believe that 98 percent of the people there didn't leave. Obviously, they are doing something right.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 4:17 pm 
A Return To Form

Pretty bad ass cover!

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 4:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Nice work Harmless. We needed this Thread. As for Lollapalooza, you should listen to the Santiago show, and the bootleg not the webcast. Its pretty powerful, has release/go, a tight severed hand, present tense, a great version of sonic reducer plus some good moments with jeremy and black.

here some of two beloved moments from recent years:

PJ first night in Argentina, 2005...incredible powerful performance..Breakerfall and RVM are the best renditions ever.

No Way at Alpine 2011....that ending...

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 4:31 pm 
RM Elitist

mkay0 wrote:

charging people so much they dont dare leave because if Pearl Jam continues the show, they won't be entitled to a refund?

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 4:32 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

@SkitchP wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

charging people so much they dont dare leave because if Pearl Jam continues the show, they won't be entitled to a refund?

yeah, thats the reason. Im sure, thats the reason.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 4:35 pm 
A Return To Form

JimX6 wrote:

Pretty bad ass cover!

Bravo!!!!

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 5:00 pm 
RM Elitist

VinylGuy wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

I think it's a big part of the reason most of the people didn't leave. Credit to Pearl Jam for coming back out, but it would have cost them a lot of money (or at the very least a very public headache) if people got 7 songs for their hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 5:05 pm 
Future Drummer

How much do you think they had to pay to go over the curfew by 2 and half hours?

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 5:07 pm 
RM Elitist

stupidmop wrote:
How much do you think they had to pay to go over the curfew by 2 and half hours?

Probably a hell of a lot less than worrying about refunding tickets, and even if it balances dollar wise, the PR hit may have sucked- especially if they cancelled AFTER the delay

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 5:20 pm 

SkitchP this was meant to be a Pit / positive thread.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 6:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

mkay0 wrote:

This is really the point. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 6:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

Wait, haven't you heard? The only reason the band waited around for 3 hours instead of cancelling is because they didn't want to loose any money. It had nothing to do with Ed's lifelong excitement for playing Wrigley Field. And the only reason 98% of the fans stuck around was because they wouldn't have been able to get a refund.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 6:55 pm 

Farmer John wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

Wait, haven't you heard? The only reason the band waited around for 3 hours instead of cancelling is because they didn't want to loose any money. It had nothing to do with Ed's lifelong excitement for playing Wrigley Field. And the only reason 98% of the fans stuck around was because they wouldn't have been able to get a refund.

Really? This band sucks my citizen. :shake:

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 6:59 pm 
Rank This Poster

harmless wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

Sucking one's citizen is a good thing, right?

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 7:00 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

@SkitchP wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

I think it's a big part of the reason most of the people didn't leave. Credit to Pearl Jam for coming back out, but it would have cost them a lot of money (or at the very least a very public headache) if people got 7 songs for their hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Hundreds and hundreds of dollars is pretty harsh. My ten club tickets were 168.00 for lower level. Yeah, thats expensive, but its not out of line based on ticket prices for major acts.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that the band had no financial concerns about coming back out or canceling. Obviously, that had to be something they considered. They also did not need to come out and play an additional two hours, fifteen minutes to give people their money's worth. They could have easily played until one instead of two, and I don't think we would have been entitled to a refund. My wife recently went and saw Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls, and they played two hours, fifteen minutes combined and no one thought they should be given a refund.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 7:00 pm 

Farmer John wrote:
harmless wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
mkay0 wrote:

Sucking one's citizen is a good thing, right?

Yeah :oops: I should've said this band sucks Putin's citizen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 643 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam