General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Pearl Jam Cancels Their NC Show?

Wed April 27, 2016 1:20 am

http://m.indyweek.com/music/archives/20 ... -our-minds

Wed April 27, 2016 2:46 am

Sure, Henry Rollins might be making obvious common sense; but,

if Bruce and PJ did play NC, let's just say, theoretically - how then can they face Bill Maher at the NYE party?

how will they sustain their inflated sense of self-worth?

What will they have to think about while they are wafting their farts into their faces sipping tea in Susan Sarandon's sitting room?

how else can they demonstrate their holierness than thou in the face of the holiestesss of thous (Drumpf)?

it just makes so much more sense to fuck over people who are your supporters and might draw inspiration from seeing you and instead just abandoning them up fuck you creek without a paddle

Wed April 27, 2016 3:56 am

I was thinking about this again earlier today, about how badly fans got fucked over, and it dawned on me that not only did people sell their tickets after market (craigslist, stubhub, etc.) and probably won't have to issue refunds ... But they might potentially get refunds themselves from the original purchase (Ticketmaster).

So you've gone from trying to boycott Ticketmaster to caving to Ticketmaster to lining the pockets of ticket resellers via Ticketmaster to lining their pockets again via refunds that they will most certainly not pass along to the after market purchaser who was hoping to attend the concert, took vacation time off work, had to pay a change/cancel fee on their flight, and might not have had time to cancel their hotel or rental car without penalty.

Fuck you, jamily!

Wed April 27, 2016 10:39 am

If you buy off StubHub or some other legitimate site like that, you get a refund if an event is cancelled and not rescheduled (so you'd get a refund for the Pearl Jam NC show, but not necessarily if a baseball game is rained out and scheduled for another day). If you bought off Craigslist, well...I think there's a lot of risk involved in doing that anyway (i.e., buying something from a total stranger when there's no paper trail--whether it's tickets or a PlayStation or a collection of Margaret Thatcher commemorative plates), so while it sucks, it's something you've gotta consider when you're going through that marketplace.

Fri April 29, 2016 12:56 am

Fri April 29, 2016 1:51 am

B wrote:

I knew it was coming and it still startled me.

Re: Pearl Jam Cancels Their NC Show

Fri April 29, 2016 2:06 am

if Fox News comments sections were skynet, that's what the terminators would be.

Fri April 29, 2016 2:08 am

He could have sold those CDs on eBay for 25 cents.

Fri April 29, 2016 2:24 am

If I wanted to show solidarity with North Carolina, I would take my shirt off, twist it around ny hand, and spin it like a helicopter

Fri April 29, 2016 4:38 am

McParadigm wrote:If I wanted to show solidarity with North Carolina, I would take my shirt off, twist it around ny hand, and spin it like a helicopter

Been thinking for a good long while of changing my user name to Petey Pablo and this just sealed the deal.

Fri April 29, 2016 4:44 am

evenslow wrote:
McParadigm wrote:If I wanted to show solidarity with North Carolina, I would take my shirt off, twist it around ny hand, and spin it like a helicopter

Been thinking for a good long while of changing my user name to Petey Pablo and this just sealed the deal.

Of all the souls who tried to carry an illegal firearm onto a passenger plane on an anniversary of September 11th, his was the most....human.

Fri April 29, 2016 4:45 am

evenslow wrote:

I'll be damned if I didn't just see a Petey Pablo reference on RM.

Thu June 30, 2016 10:00 am

B, did you receive the apology packet?

Fri July 01, 2016 10:10 pm

CopperTom wrote:B, did you receive the apology packet?

I got a poster with a big "cancelled" stamp, but I had to pay $40 for that.

Fri July 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Some have received signed tickets and stickers.

Fri July 01, 2016 10:58 pm

I've heard the rumors. One can hope.

Fri July 01, 2016 10:59 pm

I've only seen the one picture.

Sat July 02, 2016 1:16 am

:thumbsup:

Sat July 02, 2016 1:42 am

I don't see a signature for Boom.