The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Cancels Their NC Show?
PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:21 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

lowlight79 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hoping this will at least lead to a killer night in Columbia Thursday

They'll play backspacer and lightning bolt back to back

It's time.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:22 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

wonder why they never play the south.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:26 pm 
The Master

As I've said before, I can see both sides of this issue, but at the risk of being unpopular, I just feel the urge to say that the straight white dude outrage over this decision seems...excessive. And a bit privileged.

Could/should they have announced this earlier to alleviate financial and logistical strain on fans? Yeah, probably. That's a shitty situation and I'd be mad if it happened to me. But this does make a statement of solidarity that I'm sure does genuinely mean something to a lot of LGBT people who feel persecuted by this law. At the end of the day, I think that's more important than some money and time I may or may not have lost.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:30 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
As I've said before, I can see both sides of this issue, but at the risk of being unpopular, I just feel the urge to say that the straight white dude outrage over this decision seems...excessive. And a bit privileged.

Could/should they have announced this earlier to alleviate financial and logistical strain on fans? Yeah, probably. That's a shitty situation and I'd be mad if it happened to me. But this does make a statement of solidarity that I'm sure does genuinely mean something to a lot of LGBT people who feel persecuted by this law. At the end of the day, I think that's more important than some money and time I may or may not have lost.

Well said. It is rather trivial in the grand scene me. Just a show. Be good if people who have lost out could realise that unless we're all equal, none of us are. Nobody wins unless everybody wins etc

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:33 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Well said. It is rather trivial in the grand scene me. Just a show. Be good if people who have lost out could realise that unless we're all equal, none of us are. Nobody wins unless everybody wins etc

I think it's also a valid point to argue that would they have even cancelled if Bruce had not?

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:36 pm 
RM Elitist

Honest question.. When's the last time PJ made a bold political action first rather than a week after it's been made by someone else and received well?

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:40 pm 

Not one act or peer jumped on their TM crusade. I kinda think they've made a point of jumping on others when they pop up.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:40 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

dimejinky99 wrote:
Be good if people who have lost out could realise that unless we're all equal, none of us are. Nobody wins unless everybody wins etc

This is nonsense.

Post subject: Re: Will Pearl Jam Cancel Their NC Show?
PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:41 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
spike wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hand on my heart if the European tour that was to happen last summer took place and they boycotted Dublin cos Ireland didn't pass the marriage equality referendum, I'd have supported them. And they haven't been here in 6 years. Fair enough I travel to a few shows on the continent anyways but I'd have agreed with them boycotting here.

you wouldn't be upset if they cancelled one of the continent shows you flew to and booked a hotel for roughly 48 hours beforehand?

Nah we'd all go anyways. Huge PJ touring community where euro shows are more about hanging out together having not seen each other in a year or more. The shows are just a bonus.

sounds good

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:42 pm 

Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Be good if people who have lost out could realise that unless we're all equal, none of us are. Nobody wins unless everybody wins etc

This is nonsense.

Was about to debate that then remembered how backward Australia is on marriage equality :)

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:48 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

:)

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:48 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

good job pj. nice to see them take a stand against SOMETHING. even if they are just following the pack. people unaffected by this ludicrous law aren't going to care until it affects them. now it does, even if only slightly. it all adds up.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:50 pm 
RM Elitist

WtOB? wrote:
good job pj. nice to see them take a stand against SOMETHING. even if they are just following the pack. people unaffected by this ludicrous law aren't going to care until it affects them. now it does, even if only slightly. it all adds up.

Based on a decade and a half of pearl jam message boarding. I bet at least 80% of those actually impacted by the cancellation agree the law is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:51 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

This is nonsense.

Was about to debate that then remembered how backward Australia is on marriage equality :)

that's because people like spenno keep voting for the old crusty white men and even crustier, older, whiter men coalition.

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:51 pm 
The worst

@SkitchP wrote:
Honest question.. When's the last time PJ made a bold political action first rather than a week after it's been made by someone else and received well?

They should schedule a tour for 2025 and cancel it to oppose Donald Trump

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:53 pm 
The worst

@SkitchP wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Based on a decade and a half of pearl jam message boarding. I bet at least 80% of those actually impacted by the cancellation agree the law is terrible.

I bet 100% of people impacted by the law think it's terrible.

He/Him/His

An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I've never felt so persecuted.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

To the pit I go to share this timely pic

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:54 pm 
The worst

BurtReynolds wrote:
I've never felt so persecuted.

How would you feel if they didn't let people bring dancing parrots into public spaces?

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2016 11:55 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

WtOB? wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

This is nonsense.

that's because people like spenno keep voting for the old crusty white men and even crustier, older, whiter men coalition.

I wager most people are (sensibly) more concerned about issues such as the economy, national security, health and education than trendy causes like same sex marriage and so on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam