Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

The **NEW** AND **IMPROVED** Jeff Ament Freedom Trail Thread

Thu March 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Original thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7408

Don't quote the pics from the original thread thread, because it screws with the page format!

tragabigzanda wrote:Had a conference in Havre today, the birthplace of Jeff Ament. Had to drive nearly 7 hours, passed through Big Sandy (where Jeff moved when he was a kid, and where his father served as mayor; also where Jon Tester has his farm). The man comes from a very desolate place. Makes me like him, and his dedication to creativity, even more.

A scenic outlook about 90 mins outside Big Sandy. There were already signs here for Big Sandy, as there wasn't much else in between:

Downtown Big Sandy (seriously):

Havre is mostly just an ugly strip, though the MSU campus (where my conference was held) does look like it has a good farm program. Based on the style of buildings in that area, I'd say all that stuff came after he lived there:

Re: The **NEW** AND **IMPROVED** Jeff Ament Freedom Trail Th

Thu March 17, 2016 7:42 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Original thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7408

Don't quote the pics from the original thread thread, because it screws with the page format!

tragabigzanda wrote:Had a conference in Havre today, the birthplace of Jeff Ament. Had to drive nearly 7 hours, passed through Big Sandy (where Jeff moved when he was a kid, and where his father served as mayor; also where Jon Tester has his farm). The man comes from a very desolate place. Makes me like him, and his dedication to creativity, even more.

A scenic outlook about 90 mins outside Big Sandy. There were already signs here for Big Sandy, as there wasn't much else in between:

Downtown Big Sandy (seriously):

Havre is mostly just an ugly strip, though the MSU campus (where my conference was held) does look like it has a good farm program. Based on the style of buildings in that area, I'd say all that stuff came after he lived there:

Good idea

Thu March 17, 2016 7:49 pm

where does Jeff live now and does anyone still have his number?

Thu March 17, 2016 7:50 pm

It's not appropriate to call that number.

Thu March 17, 2016 7:59 pm

It's not improved, the quality of the pictures was better in the other thread.

Thu March 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Yeah you didn't have to reduce them that much.

Thu March 17, 2016 8:35 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Yeah you didn't have to reduce them that much.

I knew you were gonna say something along these lines, Chud.

Thu March 17, 2016 8:38 pm

which thread should I lock?

Thu March 17, 2016 8:39 pm

stip wrote:which thread should I lock?

The original. I can always add bigger pics to this thread if anyone seriously wants them.

Thu March 17, 2016 8:40 pm

bigger pics please

Thu March 17, 2016 8:43 pm

The Argonaut wrote:bigger pics please

Ugh, is this a serious request?

Thu March 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Don't toy with me, Argo.

Fri March 18, 2016 2:41 am

The Argonaut wrote:bigger pics please

just pull out your yield vinyl

Fri March 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Sex On Legs: The Jeff Ament Freedom Tail

Sat March 19, 2016 4:51 am

I'm a big fan of Amtrak's Empire Builder train, which travels from Portland to Chicago or vice versa. As a result I've been through Havre 20-25 times, though I've never had a chance to go into town. On occasion I'll listen to Yield during this leg of the trip, and it vibes well with being on a train traveling through rural Montana.

Sat March 19, 2016 1:45 pm

matt reeder wrote:I'm a big fan of Amtrak's Empire Builder train, which travels from Portland to Chicago or vice versa. As a result I've been through Havre 20-25 times, though I've never had a chance to go into town. On occasion I'll listen to Yield during this leg of the trip, and it vibes well with being on a train traveling through rural Montana.

The wife and I are huge Amtrak fans too. I've crossed the country on Amtrak five times, starting when I was 6, and most recently for the first leg of our honeymoon road trip. We even copped the Michael Schwab Amtrak poster vibe for our wedding Save the Dates.

Harper's did a fantastic piece on the history of Amtrak, I'll try to find the link and share it.

Sat March 19, 2016 2:44 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
matt reeder wrote:I'm a big fan of Amtrak's Empire Builder train, which travels from Portland to Chicago or vice versa. As a result I've been through Havre 20-25 times, though I've never had a chance to go into town. On occasion I'll listen to Yield during this leg of the trip, and it vibes well with being on a train traveling through rural Montana.

The wife and I are huge Amtrak fans too. I've crossed the country on Amtrak five times, starting when I was 6, and most recently for the first leg of our honeymoon road trip. We even copped the Michael Schwab Amtrak poster vibe for our wedding Save the Dates.

Harper's did a fantastic piece on the history of Amtrak, I'll try to find the link and share it.

I emailed you a PDF (the article is firewalled) via the address on your Soundgarden site.

Wed March 23, 2016 4:09 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Sex On Legs: The Jeff Ament Freedom Tail

AAAAahhhhahaha. That always gets me.

Tue August 08, 2017 7:58 pm

I've seen an unusually high number of Montana Pool Service hats around Big Sky lately (the non-profit Jeff works with to develop skate parks in rural communities in the MT/Dakotas region). Makes me feel his presence. Hoping to scoop ice cream for free at one of their events this fall or maybe next summer...

Wed August 09, 2017 6:43 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I've seen an unusually high number of Montana Pool Service hats around Big Sky lately (the non-profit Jeff works with to develop skate parks in rural communities in the MT/Dakotas region). Makes me feel his presence. Hoping to scoop ice cream for free at one of their events this fall or maybe next summer...

this is our best chance yet to infiltrate the organization. it's the perfect cover!!
Post a reply