The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Had a conference in Havre today, the birthplace of Jeff Ament. Had to drive nearly 7 hours, passed through Big Sandy (where Jeff moved when he was a kid, and where his father served as mayor; also where Jon Tester has his farm). The man comes from a very desolate place. Makes me like him, and his dedication to creativity, even more.

A scenic outlook about 90 mins outside Big Sandy. There were already signs here for Big Sandy, as there wasn't much else in between:
Image

Downtown Big Sandy (seriously):
Image
Image

Havre is mostly just an ugly strip, though the MSU campus (where my conference was held) does look like it has a good farm program. Based on the style of buildings in that area, I'd say all that stuff came after he lived there:

Image
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14760
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Had a conference in Havre today, the birthplace of Jeff Ament. Had to drive nearly 7 hours, passed through Big Sandy (where Jeff moved when he was a kid, and where his father served as mayor; also where Jon Tester has his farm). The man comes from a very desolate place. Makes me like him, and his dedication to creativity, even more.

A scenic outlook about 90 mins outside Big Sandy. There were already signs here for Big Sandy, as there wasn't much else in between:
Image

Downtown Big Sandy (seriously):
Image
Image

Havre is mostly just an ugly strip, though the MSU campus (where my conference was held) does look like it has a good farm program. Based on the style of buildings in that area, I'd say all that stuff came after he lived there:

Image
Image


Thanks for posting these. Jeff is the best.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33729
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Had a conference in Havre today, the birthplace of Jeff Ament. Had to drive nearly 7 hours, passed through Big Sandy (where Jeff moved when he was a kid, and where his father served as mayor; also where Jon Tester has his farm). The man comes from a very desolate place. Makes me like him, and his dedication to creativity, even more.

A scenic outlook about 90 mins outside Big Sandy. There were already signs here for Big Sandy, as there wasn't much else in between:
Image

Downtown Big Sandy (seriously):
Image
Image

Havre is mostly just an ugly strip, though the MSU campus (where my conference was held) does look like it has a good farm program. Based on the style of buildings in that area, I'd say all that stuff came after he lived there:

Image
Image


Thanks for posting these. Jeff is the best.
thanks for quoting the one other post in the thread.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
This is the worst thread.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
Yep. I do like the part about it making him like Jeff more, though. I chortled :lol:

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32441
Location: Buenos Aires
Looks like you Havre a pretty good eye for scenery

_________________
Go vote in the pop-punk tournament!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51358
Location: Sector 7-G
I'll get your coat.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33729
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
thought about moving to Idaho, but northern Montana looks a little too desolate for me.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
BurtReynolds wrote:
thought about moving to Idaho, but northern Montana looks a little too desolate for me.

My dad's whole family is spread throughout Idaho.

Boise could be a great change, depending on your current circumstances. It's a cool city that is growing in a good direction, and there's great nature nearby.

Sandpoint is beautiful, but the economic situation there is...weird. Unless you're rich or want to do a bohemian sort of thing, I'd steer clear.

Parts around Coeur d'Alene area are really nice, but there's way too many wackos and nazis.

I love living in SW Montana. It's absolutely beautiful and there's nowhere I'd rather be right now.
The JAFT is very different from where I am, though. Wouldn't want to live there at all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51358
Location: Sector 7-G
Why is the Idaho historical museum the shape of Nevada?

Image

Also, your giant pictures have made replying to this thread a pain in the ass.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why is the Idaho historical museum the shape of Nevada?

Image

Also, your giant pictures have made replying to this thread a pain in the ass.


How do I fix that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33729
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
thought about moving to Idaho, but northern Montana looks a little too desolate for me.

My dad's whole family is spread throughout Idaho.

Boise could be a great change, depending on your current circumstances. It's a cool city that is growing in a good direction, and there's great nature nearby.

Sandpoint is beautiful, but the economic situation there is...weird. Unless you're rich or want to do a bohemian sort of thing, I'd steer clear.

Parts around Coeur d'Alene area are really nice, but there's way too many wackos and nazis.

I love living in SW Montana. It's absolutely beautiful and there's nowhere I'd rather be right now.
The JAFT is very different from where I am, though. Wouldn't want to live there at all.

I hear Boise is nice. I may go visit there and check it out.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51358
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why is the Idaho historical museum the shape of Nevada?

Image

Also, your giant pictures have made replying to this thread a pain in the ass.


How do I fix that?

Replace them with smaller versions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51358
Location: Sector 7-G
And convince everyone who quoted you to edit their posts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11779
I was going to say 'but they scale down smaller for me' until I hit reply and ohhhhh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33729
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
How are the women folk in Idaho? They all have beards here in Portland.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu March 21, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 1663
Location: Pennsyltucky
Boise is a city that I'm oddly fascinated by somehow. I've never been there but for some reason I've already decided that I would love it there. Even though I have never lived outside of PA... and I never will.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
BurtReynolds wrote:
How are the women folk in Idaho? They all have beards here in Portland.

There are some hot outdoor types, but you run the risk of finding a swastika tat once you get her shirt off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
So would I have to edit my pics in PS before posting, or could I edit the post size somehow between Imgur and RM?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: On the Jeff Ament Freedom Trail
PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 22884
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Bumping for page 2


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 23, 2018 2:30 pm