2%
1 Star
4%
0 Stars
No votes

Total votes : 57

Re: Song of the Moment: Jeremy

Sun August 03, 2014 3:13 am

In the summer of 1995, rather than watching some video about some war during summer school, I came up with a parody of this song about my friend Stu. It was pretty well-received by my group of friends.

Tue July 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Stone's melodic guitar part during the chorus is my nomination for "Pearl Jam guitar line that subtly makes the whole song work without making a big fuss about it".

Tue July 21, 2015 11:54 pm

I heard Jeremy the other day and realized I can barely recall any of the music in this song besides the bass. And Jeremy is a favorite. Which probably speaks to speeno's post

Wed July 22, 2015 2:56 am

Hot damn I love this track.

Wed July 22, 2015 5:37 am

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Wed July 22, 2015 7:04 am

This went from being probably their most well-known song in their entire catalog when they were at their commercial peak to nowadays being probably the 4th most well-known song from that album today.

I'm trying to think of another song from another band I can say the same thing about, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Thu July 23, 2015 3:29 am

Lament wrote:This went from being probably their most well-known song in their entire catalog when they were at their commercial peak to nowadays being probably the 4th most well-known song from that album today.

I'm trying to think of another song from another band I can say the same thing about, but I'm coming up with nothing.

That's a tough one...

Thu July 23, 2015 3:00 pm

This song is a fucking giant, I never tire of it.

Thu July 23, 2015 8:51 pm

I guess the video for this was half decent in its day - that's about all I've got for this song

Sun December 20, 2015 3:18 pm

I know this is posted at the beginning of the thread, but this just popped up in my news feed today. The isolated vocals are great. One of the reasons why its one of my favorites from Ten.

Sun December 20, 2015 4:42 pm

i missed and/or forgot about this last time it was posted. that was great. 10 era ed has my favorite vocals of all time

Sun December 20, 2015 4:42 pm

the who who who part sounds really weird isolated, though

Sun December 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Ed's sounds great on that isolated vocal video. There was a video of Cornell and Eddie singing Hunger Strike from back in the day on FB yesterday and Eddie's yarwling was obnoxious. For a second there I was a little thrown by my negative reaction but this set me straight.

Mon December 21, 2015 5:18 am

stip wrote:i missed and/or forgot about this last time it was posted. that was great. 10 era ed has my favorite vocals of all time

:thumbsup: It might be my favorite too.

Fri February 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Shockin

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultur ... l_facebook

Thu May 19, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I like live versions of Jeremy from 2000 and on more than any other version of this song, that includes Ten and all live versions before ~2000. EVEN 2016 Jeremy. :shock: :wave:
Last edited by Leatherhead on Thu May 19, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Seeing it on the VMAs is what turned me on to this band.

Fri May 20, 2016 7:25 pm

one of my all time favorite concert highlights was Jeremy from Uniondale 03

Thu August 03, 2017 1:01 am

Pearl Jam's 'Jeremy': The Untold Story of Video Star Trevor Wilson's Fascinating Life & Tragic Death
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... lson-death

Thu August 03, 2017 2:14 am

Classic B
Post a reply