The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

Rate Vitalogy
5 stars 78%  78%  [ 28 ]
4 stars 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
3 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Vitalogy: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 12:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I think it was about a year after this came out that I started paying attention to Pearl Jams. My best mate was constantly trying to convince me how great PJ was and at the same time I was trying to bring him around on R.E.M. For the record - he still doesn't like R.E.M.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 1:14 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Rangi Guy wrote:
I think it was about a year after this came out that I started paying attention to Pearl Jams. My best mate was constantly trying to convince me how great PJ was and at the same time I was trying to bring him around on R.E.M. For the record - he still doesn't like R.E.M.

Went to my first ever PJ show on the no code tour in 96.

They played new adventures in hi fi on the PA before PJ.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 1:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Went to my first ever PJ show on the no code tour in 96.

They played new adventures in hi fi on the PA before PJ.

I missed the Vitalogy tour here cause I'd spent all my money just seeing R.E.M. on their Monster tour

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 2:54 am 
The Master

I wish i was maybe 3 years older at the time i saw them in Milwaukee circa '95. It was life changing but i dont think i fully grasped the situation at the time

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
I wish i was maybe 3 years older at the time i saw them in Milwaukee circa '95. It was life changing but i dont think i fully grasped the situation at the time

:shock:

YOU FUCKING SAW THEM IN 95???!!!

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:30 pm 
Future Drummer

I saw the Austin '95 show. The Ramones opened, and I passed out for a moment in the 110* pit up front. PJ opened with Act of Love. I remember the RVM jam and the Porch jam just noodling on forever! They covered about a minute of 'Talk About the Passion'... An unbelievably clear AUD recording exists of this show, which you can probably find online.

Also, there was a flyer on my car, when we left, to see REM with opening band Radiohead the next night.

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
I saw the Austin '95 show. The Ramones opened, and I passed out for a moment in the 110* pit up front. PJ opened with Act of Love. I remember the RVM jam and the Porch jam just noodling on forever! They covered about a minute of 'Talk About the Passion'... An unbelievably clear AUD recording exists of this show, which you can probably find online.

LINK?!

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:49 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

I can't play it on my phone, but I assume this is the same recording...

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA%3D%3D=ZZ9ul5RkbXBsYZFxYJdpWYylrNjNgomR16RRfpnHndKr2WGCpqinq6CijViHvl9Zjol4

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA%3D%3D=ZZ9ul5RkbXBsYZFxYJdpWYylrNjNgomR16RRfpnHndKr2WGCpqinq6CijViHvl9Zjol4

At a glance that looks like a pretty fucking amazing set. You're a lucky S.O.B. And I'm super jealous you got to see this show. Even if you did faint.

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 11:56 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

At a glance that looks like a pretty fucking amazing set. You're a lucky S.O.B. And I'm super jealous you got to see this show. Even if you did faint.

I honestly came away from this show disappointed. To almost NO ONE's knowledge, they moved showtime up by about 4 hours so they could more easily get to New Orleans, so a TON of people showed up late. The venue sucked, there was a random pa outage during Porch, it was hot as fuck, and Ed's voice sounded trashed. I much preferred the intensity of the Dallas '93 show... first time I saw them.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:00 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

I honestly came away from this show disappointed. To almost NO ONE's knowledge, they moved showtime up by about 4 hours so they could more easily get to New Orleans, so a TON of people showed up late. The venue sucked, there was a random pa outage during Porch, it was hot as fuck, and Ed's voice sounded trashed. I much preferred the intensity of the Dallas '93 show... first time I saw them.

Oh well, sure. If I'd seen them in 93, I'd probably feel the same way. But I didn't see them until 98. So you can imagine my total, unrelenting jealousy.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:02 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

Oh well, sure. If I'd seen them in 93, I'd probably feel the same way. But I didn't see them until 98. So you can imagine my total, unrelenting jealousy.

'98 was awesome, though! We saw 'em in KC, and the Dennis Rodman fiasco in Dallas. Which did you attend?

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:09 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:

Also, there was a flyer on my car, when we left, to see REM with opening band Radiohead the next night.

I got act of love to open the set as well! Milwaukee July 9 1995.

STill one of my favorite shows to listen to.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:19 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Yeah, that Milwaukee show seems pretty damn special. Austin didn't flow as well, from the very beginning. AoL started awkwardly, and I remember not liking it.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:19 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

'98 was awesome, though! We saw 'em in KC, and the Dennis Rodman fiasco in Dallas. Which did you attend?

I was at the show in Bonner Springs, Kansas.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:22 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Yeah, that Milwaukee show seems pretty damn special. Austin didn't flow as well, from the very beginning. AoL started awkwardly, and I remember not liking it.

Loved Act of Love but i was super into mirrorball at the time. I remember being bored during "Star boy" and i remember shitting my pants when i realized that was ed singing with the frogs for I Only Play for Money int he pre-set.

And, as a young 14 year old i wasn't really familiar with little wing or maggot brain.

It was still mind blowing show. Recorded pearl jam music never sounded the same after. It sounded even more personal and created a stronger connection.

but by 98 tour....Oh baby. i was on bored with everything.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:22 am 
The Master

Also, i think i learned georgraphy by following pearl jam concerts (physically and cyberly)

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:24 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

I was at the show in Bonner Springs, Kansas.

I thought I remember seeing you there... j/k. I do remember them playing Nothingman to attempt to calm the stupid crowd down, who were tearing up chairs for whatever reason. I wasn't a big fan of that venue, either. Those '98 shows were pretty great, though.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:28 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
Also, i think i learned georgraphy by following pearl jam concerts (physically and cyberly)

This reminds me... in 1998, 5Horizons put together a printable 'Ultimate guide to following PJ on the road' guide thingy. That is where I'd go to get the most recent set lists and notes on the show.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:29 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Strat wrote:

This reminds me... in 1998, 5Horizons put together a printable 'Ultimate guide to following PJ on the road' guide thingy. That is where I'd go to get the most recent set lists and notes on the show.

Yea i was all over the website on an hourly basis it seemed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam