Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Antiquiet Tweet

Wed October 09, 2013 9:14 pm

theplatypus wrote:Were they nice boots?

Wed October 09, 2013 9:16 pm

theplatypus wrote:Who the fuck just takes someone else's shoes?

Rick

Wed October 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Well, we already knew ed was reclusive/private/paranoid to the point of weirdness. And hed come off as crazy if not for the fact we're dicussing his apparent legal troubles right here...so I guess hes right?

Wait why was eddie trying to sell a bad radio video? Or do you mean the other guy? I hate myself for caring.

Id be pretty weirded out if someone wore my shoes....let alone broke them. Thats some weird boundary crossing.....id have to buy new ones, broken or not.
Lament wrote:Can you tell us anything else about Indian Style? I've never even heard the band mentioned before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. What were they like? Any theory as to why Bad Radio got elevated in mythology and Indian Style has effectively been whitewashed from Pearl Jam lore?

Bad radio had betterman, theres video and the odd press thing. Indian style has none of that.

Wait! An actual question, Is 'daddy could swear I declare' indian style? Ive always wondered where the hell that was from.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:22 pm

stupidmop wrote:
Lament wrote:Can you tell us anything else about Indian Style? I've never even heard the band mentioned before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. What were they like? Any theory as to why Bad Radio got elevated in mythology and Indian Style has effectively been whitewashed from Pearl Jam lore?

Bad radio had betterman, theres video and the odd press thing. Indian style has none of that.

Wait! An actual question, Is 'daddy could swear I declare' indian style? Ive always wondered where the hell that was from.

It still seems odd that in the media's rush to find out anything they could about Ed's background when Ten blew up, somehow the band he was involved in before Pearl Jam never got mentioned. I'm intrigued by that. Were they musically just an extension of Bad Radio, or were they something closer to what Pearl Jam ultimately became? Or something completely different than either?

Wed October 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

It still seems odd that in the media's rush to find out anything they could about Ed's background when Ten blew up, somehow the band he was involved in before Pearl Jam never got mentioned. I'm intrigued by that. Were they musically just an extension of Bad Radio, or were they something closer to what Pearl Jam ultimately became? Or something completely different than either?

Yeah, that's the stuff I'm much more interested in reading about. :thumbsup:

Wed October 09, 2013 9:24 pm

stupidmop wrote:Id be pretty weirded out if someone wore my shoes....let alone broke them. Thats some weird boundary crossing.....id have to buy new ones, broken or not.

It sounds like Ed handled it really, really well though.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:25 pm

McParadigm wrote:
stupidmop wrote:Id be pretty weirded out if someone wore my shoes....let alone broke them. Thats some weird boundary crossing.....id have to buy new ones, broken or not.

SHOES FOR MY FRIENDS.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Rick = Dave A

Wed October 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I'd be so fucking angry if someone took my shoes. Thankfully I wear a size 13.5 and Argentina is a country of pygmies.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:29 pm

theplatypus wrote:Who the fuck just takes someone else's shoes?

I know. He grew up with 4 brothers and they were always using each others stuff, so I think that's where it came from. But what an ass, and then to break them and not fess up to it? Big time puss. He's a good guy now, but had his moments back then.

They were nice black boots he'd wear with black shorts, etc.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:30 pm

theplatypus wrote:I'd be so fucking angry if someone took my shoes. Thankfully I wear a size 13.5 and Argentina is a country of pygmies.

Thank god. I'd hate for you to have to spend the amount on legal fees and invest the time apologizing to a judge that is necessary to appropriately respond to a shoe theft.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

Maybe ed put the smackdown on anyone who tried.

I always assumed they just never got as much done as bad radio, so there was less material for people to find. Unless ed or other people started talking about, and that wasnt gonna happen. Till now I guess.
McParadigm wrote:

Lmao I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but not pummelling the dude is a plus. I might have hit him with the boot.
Last edited by stupidmop on Wed October 09, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theplatypus wrote:I'd be so fucking angry if someone took my shoes. Thankfully I wear a size 13.5 and Argentina is a country of pygmies.

Do you also have big hands?

MikeB1977 wrote:They were nice black boots he'd wear with black shorts, etc.

another comical image

Wed October 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Wikipedia mentions Indian Style, but says they existed before Bad Radio did (and featured Brad Wilk on drums).

I would think a band with Pearl Jam and Rage Against the Machine ties would be a bigger deal.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:33 pm

THE PLOT THICKENS

Where is Rick these days, anyway?

EJ wrote:
Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

I really get into that in the following chapters I wrote. I'll post more tonight when I get home.

Wed October 09, 2013 9:34 pm

MikeB1977 wrote:
EJ wrote:
Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

I really get into that in the following chapters I wrote. I'll post more tonight when I get home.

Excellent! Can't wait to read what you've got. :)

Wed October 09, 2013 9:35 pm

theplatypus wrote:Where is Rick these days, anyway?

Post a reply