The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antiquiet Tweet
PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:38 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Is there a link to what's been posted so far?

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:39 pm 
Posting (live)

Birds in Hell wrote:
Is there a link to what's been posted so far?

This would be helpful as I'm trawling through a lot of shit in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:49 pm 
Commissioner

http://www.cathedralstone.net/Pages/PearlJam.htm

Banned from the Pit

theplatypus wrote:
Where is Rick these days, anyway?

He eventually got killed for borrowing a fellar's pair of pants. The judge felt so bad for the pants guy that he released him with time served.

10Club Complaint Department

Lament wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:56 pm 
Banned from the Pit

MikeB1977 wrote:
EJ wrote:
Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:
Lament wrote:
Can you tell us anything else about Indian Style? I've never even heard the band mentioned before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. What were they like? Any theory as to why Bad Radio got elevated in mythology and Indian Style has effectively been whitewashed from Pearl Jam lore?

Bad radio had betterman, theres video and the odd press thing. Indian style has none of that.

Wait! An actual question, Is 'daddy could swear I declare' indian style? Ive always wondered where the hell that was from.

It still seems odd that in the media's rush to find out anything they could about Ed's background when Ten blew up, somehow the band he was involved in before Pearl Jam never got mentioned. I'm intrigued by that. Were they musically just an extension of Bad Radio, or were they something closer to what Pearl Jam ultimately became? Or something completely different than either?

Yeah, that's the stuff I'm much more interested in reading about. :thumbsup:

I really get into that in the following chapters I wrote. I'll post more tonight when I get home.

Crap, I just realized that I only have the songwriter chapter up. I thought I had the Bad Radio chapter up, too.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 10:01 pm 
Stone's Bitch

MikeB1977 wrote:
MikeB1977 wrote:
EJ wrote:
Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:
Lament wrote:
Can you tell us anything else about Indian Style? I've never even heard the band mentioned before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. What were they like? Any theory as to why Bad Radio got elevated in mythology and Indian Style has effectively been whitewashed from Pearl Jam lore?

Bad radio had betterman, theres video and the odd press thing. Indian style has none of that.

Wait! An actual question, Is 'daddy could swear I declare' indian style? Ive always wondered where the hell that was from.

It still seems odd that in the media's rush to find out anything they could about Ed's background when Ten blew up, somehow the band he was involved in before Pearl Jam never got mentioned. I'm intrigued by that. Were they musically just an extension of Bad Radio, or were they something closer to what Pearl Jam ultimately became? Or something completely different than either?

I really get into that in the following chapters I wrote. I'll post more tonight when I get home.

Crap, I just realized that I only have the songwriter chapter up. I thought I had the Bad Radio chapter up, too.

This is almost as good as getting more stories about the Glass family from Salinger's archives.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 10:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Ed has high powered attorneys? Great, now what am I gonna do with all these bootleg Indian Style dog collars?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 10:03 pm 
Stone's Bitch

BurtReynolds wrote:
Ed has high powered attorneys? Great, now what am I gonna do with all these bootleg Indian Style dog collars?

You should edit this so that it's funny.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 10:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

evenslow wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I almost wish bad things on you.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 10:05 pm 
Stone's Bitch

BurtReynolds wrote:
evenslow wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I almost wish bad things on you.

Don't leave a gun sitting around or anything.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:59 am 
Banned from the Pit

EJ wrote:
Lament wrote:
stupidmop wrote:
Lament wrote:

Indian Style came after Bad Radio, not before. BR was very established with lots of gigs, demo tapes to record companies, etc. They were together for 2 to 3 years.

Eddie quit BR because the other guys weren't taking it as serious as he did. They had families and did it for fun. Eddie wanted to be a rock star in a band that everyone knows about, but making their own decisions and not become some corporate rock band. IMHO there are plenty of CR bands that actually are and were amazing.

Ed was spending all his time on promotion, and he was burning out. He wanted guys like himself. At that time, Beth was learning to play bass and he asked me to work with her in my studio. I really didn't have time with school. Shortly after that, Beth got an internship at Virgin up in Hollywood, so Eddie decided to form the band with guys based in LA. They could play the LA clubs easier.

I remember it was more straight forward rock without the Chili Pepper funk influence in it. Eddie would come home on weekends to work, but sometimes I'd cover for him so he could stay in LA for the weekend and play.

They had just put their demo tape together when he got the calls about a Seattle band needing a singer. I remember one weekend the guys (3 + Ed if I remember right) in the band came down to hang out on a grass hill overlooking the pool and were working on songs with an acoustic 6 string. They all seemed pretty cool and more professional than the BR guys.

I have the demo tape with all the artwork and stuff that goes with it that he gave me, but I haven't been able to find it. An old friend has another copy that Ed gave him, so maybe I can take a look and listen again.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 5:09 am 
Commissioner

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Do you remember if Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine was the drummer for Indian Style, or is that inaccurate?

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 5:40 am 
Broken Tamborine

Lament wrote:
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Do you remember if Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine was the drummer for Indian Style, or is that inaccurate?

I'll let Mike give the definitive answer but Im pretty sure I've read that Brad just tried out for one or two sessions. They never played gigs together or anything.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 6:07 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I don't think Brad was. That one time when they were at the house I met them all and I don't think it was him. But I could be wrong. It would be easy to check. I'll call my friend this weekend and have him check the names of the band on the demo tape.

I remember that Eddies bass player in Bad Radio
, Dave Silva, eventually joined a band called My Head and they had a little airplay success, but fizzled out. Dave was a very talented bass player, very good.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 6:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Guy singing played bass for the Eels for a while after that.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 7:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

this thread is the bee's knees

PostPosted: Fri October 11, 2013 1:07 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I have no idea what this thread is about, so I'm gonna make it about songs Eddie Vedder would sing when he's hungry.

Whipping (cream)
Swallowed whole
Life tasted

PostPosted: Fri October 11, 2013 1:14 am 
Poster of the Year

Gods' Ice Chest

PostPosted: Fri October 11, 2013 1:17 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Slice of ham

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam