The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antiquiet Tweet
PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 1:52 am 
Future Drummer

Aw see, now that's less...cool.... I feel like I unwittingly aligned myself with something that's going to piss off Eddie Vedder. In real life and everything.

Last edited by stupidmop on Wed October 09, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 2:10 am 
Stone's Bitch

I know he's a public figure and all, but I can totally understand why someone wouldn't want old pictures of them being posted to the interwebs.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 2:15 am 
Banned from the Pit

McParadigm wrote:
Discuss his affinity for eggs, if you will

I had no idea what you were talking about until I did a search. I have no clue at all. It kinda sounds like he's being sarcastic and joking.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 2:51 am 
Banned from the Pit

stupidmop wrote:
Aw see, now that's less...cool.... I feel like I unwittingly aligned myself with something that's going to piss off Eddie Vedder. In real life and everything.

Eddie was pissed when I posted those two chapters a while back. However, over time he seems to be OK with it. His instant reaction to anything like this will always be negative. That's just how he is.

My ultimate goal isn't to be cool with Eddie, PJ fans or anyone else. My goal is to share a part of my life that over-lapped with his. And by telling my story, it will help fill in some blanks about what was happening then, and to not allow trash journalism to do it, instead.

I respect PJ fans and their loyalty to Ed. I'm not a fan like that, though, so we might disagree on what "cool" is. And that's OK. Quiet bluntly, I don't answer to Eddie. I do what I think is right, ethical, cool , etc. It's fun to re-live those fun times, and why not share them too. That's where I'm coming from. I'm also one of those kind of people that rebels strongly when I feel like someone is trying to control me.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 2:54 am 
Commissioner

MikeB1977 wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

Eddie was pissed when I posted those two chapters a while back. However, over time he seems to be OK with it. His instant reaction to anything like this will always be negative. That's just how he is.

My ultimate goal isn't to be cool with Eddie, PJ fans or anyone else. My goal is to share a part of my life that over-lapped with his. And by telling my story, it will help fill in some blanks about what was happening then, and to not allow trash journalism to do it, instead.

I respect PJ fans and their loyalty to Ed. I'm not a fan like that, though, so we might disagree on what "cool" is. And that's OK. Quiet bluntly, I don't answer to Eddie. I do what I think is right, ethical, cool , etc. It's fun to re-live those fun times, and why not share them too. That's where I'm coming from. I'm also one of those kind of people that rebels strongly when I feel like someone is trying to control me.

Honestly, for the most part the fans here are pretty level headed. You're not really going to find the hero worshiping/Ed is flawless type of fans on here. It's a pretty safe place to be honest about things. Hell, if you ask people elsewhere, they'll tell this is an anti-Pearl Jam board just because there's too much critical thinking and not enough blind-worship going on.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 5:28 am 
Broken Tamborine

MikeB1977 wrote:
I'm thinking I'll have time late this month or November. I'd also like to post pictures, but without explaining a lot, it would be a bit complicated. Eddie doesn't care for old pics of himself being shown to the public. If I do, he'll be uber pissed at me and I might even have to lawyer-up if I want them to stay up. I know, silly shit. They're cool pics so who knows why. Based on principle, I may end up lawyering up. He doesn't have copyright to any of them.

:shock:
Entirely your call and I take your point that it's your life to share how you see fit but I don't think anyone here is looking for you to create a massive pain the ass for yourself. If you're happy to I think a lot of us would just be pleased if you stick around and continue to answer a few questions. You could maybe break it out into a more formal Q&A thread.

Obviously only answer what you are comfortable with, but I think you'll find most people on this Board aren't really trying to dig for juicy dirt and are more interested in Ed's musical influences, his drive for band success when you knew him, etc (although you'll definitely still cop a few more egg type questions too).

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:50 am 
Future Drummer

MikeB1977 wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

It was just that mention of lawyers made me realise this was maybe more serious than Ed finding some anecdotes someone put up on the internet, maybe years after the fact and thinking 'you bastard' and moving on, which I kinda naively assummed. Plus, I hate old photos of myself too :lol:

But yeah your life, your stories, your photos to do with as you see fit.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 8:21 pm 
Banned from the Pit

No worries. I was using the extreme case of what might happen if I posted pics. These aren't private indoor unexpected shots. They're outside poses for a picture. Nothing remotely risqué. If I add one and many months keep adding slowly, I don't think anything will happen.

One thing is for certain. If what I posted wasn't true, they would've been taken down years ago. He knows it's all true and he had no recourse when he initially didn't like it. Through different people, he's asked to find out what's in the remaining chapters. He's been really curious. I'll post first with no pics and maybe add some later.

Last edited by MikeB1977 on Wed October 09, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 8:25 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Just curious, when was the last time you had contact with him? - in person, mail, email, phone, etc

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 8:46 pm 
Banned from the Pit

EJ wrote:
Just curious, when was the last time you had contact with him? - in person, mail, email, phone, etc

We had a big falling out back around 1997. That's the last I've seen him in person. After that, he left a message on e very upset and wanting to talk.....he was wasted. On the phone a few times after that then only through people we both know. Like my cousin was running a charity concert in CA and Ed was there. My cousin Eric and I are identical and Eddie tripped out thinking it might be me. So they talked and Eric told me what he was asking me about. And then through a few emails/letters .

My old roommate Rick that Ed always hated sued him for trying to sell an old concert tape of Bad Radio's first gig. So I got dragged into that because I had the partial rights. . Me and Beth shot the video, so only me and her have rights to it. He really went over the line harassing Rick to where he had to move and hide out. Finally Jerry Garcia's old lawyer (yes, the Greatfull Dead Jerry) and took his case for free. Ed had his law firm taking up a floor in a high rise on it. David vs Goliath. It turned out that Ed didn't expect him to fight back. So the privacy laws, stalking harassment fibbing to a judge to get a search warrant etc had them in deep hot water. And Rick had provable damages. So they ended up settling, but I can't say how much. Eddie fired his law firm after that. Now how did I get on this tangent? This was about 2005-6. It got some national news coverage as well if you can believe that.

Last edited by MikeB1977 on Wed October 09, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 8:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:00 pm 
Future Drummer

Well.....then....

Has any one told either of them that that bad radio stuff is all over youtube.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Forget all this Lightning Bolt yackoffsmirnoff. There are lawyer jokes to be made!!!

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:05 pm 
Banned from the Pit

McParadigm wrote:

He hated Rick so much as a roommate. Once Rick borrowed a pair of Ed's favorite black boots without asking and he broke the heal on one. He put them back without telling him. And when he discovered it, he had a meltdown . Ed pulled me outside and asked me to help calm him down because he was going to pummel that Rick dude.

There were other things, and they were like oil and water. That action against him certainly was cathartic in nature for all the old stuff he held inside against Rick.

See, now this is turning into a Wednesday afternoon soap.

Last edited by MikeB1977 on Wed October 09, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:07 pm 
Commissioner

Can you tell us anything else about Indian Style? I've never even heard the band mentioned before, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. What were they like? Any theory as to why Bad Radio got elevated in mythology and Indian Style has effectively been whitewashed from Pearl Jam lore?

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

Indian Style knocked over one of Ed's guitars. It's as simple as that.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I can't stop rereading that paragraph

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:13 pm 
Commissioner

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Indian Style knocked over one of Ed's guitars. It's as simple as that.

That's probably what the line "Those ignorant indians got nothing on me," in Do the Evolution is about.

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:13 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Were they nice boots?

PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 9:14 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Who the fuck just takes someone else's shoes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam