The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antiquiet Tweet
PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 10:56 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Johnny Firecloud once yelled at me on twitter for suggesting there may be other factors to the band playing faster (other than just Matt Cameron). He said I was "no match for his encyclopedic knowledge of Pearl Jam", and blocked me. Yes, he can be a little precious.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 10:57 pm 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

Self wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Self wrote:
It's not their fault, though. Is Johnny FireCloud really gonna break new album/music news?

It wasn't really "awesome" Pearl Jam news, though.

I'm sure they were aware that Tweet would whip some of the band's fans into a frenzy. It was hardly an accident.

Definitely not an accident. I can't image the traffic it generated. I'm just thinking the fault is ours for thinking he had "awesome" Pearl Jam news.

I partly agree but their timing of this tweet with the other recent announcements does seem incredible opportunistic. Surely if the guy was a Pearl Jam fan he'd have half an idea of the fallout if the news didn't go down well.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 10:58 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202761&sid=933b85397109a18a6ee410dbdfb49e42&start=240

Quote:
We didn't post it yesterday because we were doing our research as we built the piece, cross-referencing old recordings and things we'd seen on Gremmie and various other places. There are at least two recordings we've never seen online before, and were entirely new to us.

The tweet yesterday read: "Hey @PearlJam fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning."

That was me, excited to share this new find. Hell, it's a free download. We're not hoarding anything. The band is clearly between albums. I said nothing of a new album, single, tour announcement or otherwise. Nor did I hint about it. Naturally though, shitty attitudes are quite prevalent when people are faced with being denied their ridiculously irrational expectations. After all, it was just this month that Vedder said the band is "taking their time" on the new album, and they're only halfway done, if that:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-reports ... dio-album/

One tweet brings the fire of a thousand bitter suns because it's not a Yankee stadium show announcement or new single? Fuck that. I've been a Pearl Jam fan four times as long as Antiquiet has existed. Had I woken up to this on another site I'd be excited as hell. Please, by all means, unfollow away. I want nothing to do with that level of cynicism.

"Excited as hell"? This Firecloud character doth protest too much.

Wow. he is quite emotional.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 10:59 pm 
Polluted

Fuzzcharger wrote:
Self wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Self wrote:
It's not their fault, though. Is Johnny FireCloud really gonna break new album/music news?

It wasn't really "awesome" Pearl Jam news, though.

I'm sure they were aware that Tweet would whip some of the band's fans into a frenzy. It was hardly an accident.

Definitely not an accident. I can't image the traffic it generated. I'm just thinking the fault is ours for thinking he had "awesome" Pearl Jam news.

I partly agree but their timing of this tweet with the other recent announcements does seem incredible opportunistic. Surely if the guy was a Pearl Jam fan he'd have half an idea of the fallout if the news didn't go down well.

What part did you disagree with?

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 10:59 pm 

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202761&sid=933b85397109a18a6ee410dbdfb49e42&start=240

Quote:
We didn't post it yesterday because we were doing our research as we built the piece, cross-referencing old recordings and things we'd seen on Gremmie and various other places. There are at least two recordings we've never seen online before, and were entirely new to us.

The tweet yesterday read: "Hey @PearlJam fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning."

That was me, excited to share this new find. Hell, it's a free download. We're not hoarding anything. The band is clearly between albums. I said nothing of a new album, single, tour announcement or otherwise. Nor did I hint about it. Naturally though, shitty attitudes are quite prevalent when people are faced with being denied their ridiculously irrational expectations. After all, it was just this month that Vedder said the band is "taking their time" on the new album, and they're only halfway done, if that:

One tweet brings the fire of a thousand bitter suns because it's not a Yankee stadium show announcement or new single? Fuck that. I've been a Pearl Jam fan four times as long as Antiquiet has existed. Had I woken up to this on another site I'd be excited as hell. Please, by all means, unfollow away. I want nothing to do with that level of cynicism.

Wow. he is quite emotional.

You can't please all of the people all of the time Johnny Firecloud.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:03 pm 
The Master

I was thinking/hoping that perhaps 10C had reached out to the website to help promote some new PJ. Thats all. The dude knew what he was doing by pimping the announcement. Now he must deal with the idiot pj fan base. His fault.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i kinda understand his point

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:05 pm 
Poster of the Year

The guy can be a douche, but that has nothing to do with this story.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:08 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:

Quote:

Actually, that's a pretty reasonable response to being Pit-ted...err... Synergized... Official Forumed?

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:10 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

bodysnatcher wrote:

I think he's being entirely disingenuous.

He specifically set out to fan the flames of those inflated expectations then pleads that it was a case of misplaced innocent enthusiasm on his part when people expressed their disappointment. A few musty old Vedder demos are hardly worthy of the original tease, he knew exactly what he was doing.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:12 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

He specifically set out to fan the flames of those inflated expectations then pleads that it was a case of misplaced innocent enthusiasm on his part when people expressed their disappointment. A few musty old Vedder demos are hardly worthy of the original tease, he knew exactly what he was doing.

I think it's somewhere in the middle. As a fan, he was probably genuinely excited about the find and that it was an awesome thing to share. At the same time, as a fan active online he knew how everyone else would react.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:15 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I think it's somewhere in the middle. As a fan, he was probably genuinely excited about the find and that it was an awesome thing to share. At the same time, as a fan active online he knew how everyone else would react.

I think it's possible he was genuinely "excited as hell", but I still think teasing the news in advance was entirely calculated.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:24 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I think it's possible he was genuinely "excited as hell", but I still think teasing the news in advance was entirely calculated.

But is it his fault that Pearl Jam fans react in this manner?

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:26 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Despite his protestations, I think he was relying on it.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:27 pm 

Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Totally.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:32 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Maybe, you could be entirely right. I really don't know. And you know what, i really don't care either.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:33 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Maybe, you could be entirely right. I really don't know. And you know what, i really don't care either.

Me either.

Here's to indifference!

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:34 pm 
The Master

So this is the biggest thread to let down ration? yes?

Or maybe would rival the Upcoming Album #9 Thread?

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
So this is the biggest thread to let down ration? yes?

Or maybe would rival the Upcoming Album #9 Thread?

I would rank:

1) Pearl Jam post-Backspacer EP
2) Antiquiet news teaser

PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 12:15 am 
Rank This Poster

That Kenny Rogers song is awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam