The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam leaving ASCAP?
PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 12:59 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

ok guys, there are two milkshakes in the shot, the rest are sundaes. and that's courtney cox's hand on shwimmer's arm. get a grip people.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 1:02 am 
Poster of the Year

what he said

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 1:06 am 
Posting (live)

Her cuff doesn't match the top. So to speak.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 1:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ok WhatTob is probably right

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 1:25 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

looks like there are some surprise oil checks going on in that pic.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 2:04 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I still have no idea what this thread is about.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 4:02 pm 
Stone's Bitch

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Pearl Jam will now be known as Kobalt and they're rebooting Friends.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2015 4:11 pm 
Production Police

evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Pearl Jam will now be known as Kobalt and they're rebooting Friends.

[/thread]

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 4:18 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Does this mean anything?
http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... hing-group

Quote:
The Universal Music Publishing Group has signed band Pearl Jam to an exclusive worldwide publishing agreement for the band's entire catalog, including newly written material, and Eddie Vedder's solo works.

The deal encompasses some of the band's most well-known and popular songs, including "Alive," "Even Flow," "Jeremy," "Daughter," "Rearview Mirror," "State Of Love and Trust," "Better Man," "Corduroy," "I Am Mine," "Worldwide Suicide," and "Just Breathe."

"I'm thrilled to finally have a great partner that I can entrust with the legacy of the Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder catalogs," Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis said in a statement. "I'm excited for what lies ahead with UMPG."

According to the announcement, Pearl Jam has sold over 60 million albums globally, while Nielsen Music has U.S. album sales at 32.5 million.

"It's been almost 25 years since Pearl Jam busted the door open of the 'club' that hosts a very exclusive group of artists," UMPG chairman and CEO Jody Gerson said in a statement. "We are delighted that they have entrusted us with their amazing catalog and couldn't be more excited to be a part of their evolving career that will endure for decades to come."

On the heels of a 2015 Latin American tour attended by a quarter million people, the band will tour arenas and stadiums in North America through August, including headlining gigs at Bonnaroo and the New Orleans Jazz Festival.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 4:38 pm 
Production Police

evenslow wrote:
Does this mean anything?
http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... hing-group

Quote:
The Universal Music Publishing Group has signed band Pearl Jam to an exclusive worldwide publishing agreement for the band's entire catalog, including newly written material, and Eddie Vedder's solo works.

The deal encompasses some of the band's most well-known and popular songs, including "Alive," "Even Flow," "Jeremy," "Daughter," "Rearview Mirror," "State Of Love and Trust," "Better Man," "Corduroy," "I Am Mine," "Worldwide Suicide," and "Just Breathe."

"I'm thrilled to finally have a great partner that I can entrust with the legacy of the Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder catalogs," Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis said in a statement. "I'm excited for what lies ahead with UMPG."

According to the announcement, Pearl Jam has sold over 60 million albums globally, while Nielsen Music has U.S. album sales at 32.5 million.

"It's been almost 25 years since Pearl Jam busted the door open of the 'club' that hosts a very exclusive group of artists," UMPG chairman and CEO Jody Gerson said in a statement. "We are delighted that they have entrusted us with their amazing catalog and couldn't be more excited to be a part of their evolving career that will endure for decades to come."

On the heels of a 2015 Latin American tour attended by a quarter million people, the band will tour arenas and stadiums in North America through August, including headlining gigs at Bonnaroo and the New Orleans Jazz Festival.

Yuck, sounds pretty messy -- Sony still owns the tapes, but now UPMG controls the publishing. It's not anything we'll experience as fans, but the admin of this is apt to be a pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 5:29 pm 
The Master

Just release some new music goddammit. yea yea

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 5:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

From http://repository.umusicpub.com/

I searched "vedder" on writer and downloaded a CSV file pushing "DOWNLOAD SONG LIST"

Song Title,Writers,ISWC,UMPG Song Control%,Song Type
WHIPPIN',"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.207.277-2,20.00,Original
ALIVIO,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
OCEANOS,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
PORQUE VAS,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
PROFUNDO,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
SOPLA,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Dave Krusen (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,25.00,Original
UNA VEZ,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
JEREMY LIN,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-912.817.427-6,50.00,Original
MASTER/SLAVE,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.116.957-4,50.00,Original
WHY GO,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.206.497-8,50.00,Original
JEREMY,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.090.893-5,50.00,Original
ONCE,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.162.799-7,50.00,Original
EVEN FLOW,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.052.171-6,50.00,Original
ALIVE,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.006.299-2,50.00,Original
OCEANS,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.162.856-9,50.00,Original
BLACK,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.018.064-8,50.00,Original
GARDEN,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.068.718-8,50.00,Original
DEEP,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.044.558-4,50.00,Original
RELEASE,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Dave Krusen (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.130.563-6,25.00,Original
STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.169.456-5,25.00,Original
BREATH,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.018.233-7,50.00,Original
OCEANS AWAY,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",,50.00,Original
DIRTY FRANK,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-071.963.566-1,25.00,Original
WASH,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Dave Krusen (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.206.559-5,25.00,Original
YELLOW LEDBETTER,"Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.213.427-7,25.00,Original
FOOTSTEPS,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.060.551-1,50.00,Original
ANIMAL,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.006.680-3,20.00,Original
BLOOD,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.018.656-6,20.00,Original
DAUGHTER,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.044.984-8,20.00,Original
DISSIDENT,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.045.056-1,20.00,Original
ELDERLY WOMAN BEHIND THE COUNTER IN A SMALL TOWN,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.052.392-7,20.00,Original
GLORIFIED G,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.069.051-2,20.00,Original
GO,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.069.029-4,20.00,Original
INDIFFERENCE,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.085.814-5,20.00,Original
LEASH,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.103.776-4,20.00,Original
RATS,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.130.967-2,20.00,Original
REARVIEWMIRROR,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.130.933-2,20.00,Original
W.M.A.,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.206.887-8,20.00,Original
ALONE,"Stone C. Gossard (ASCAP) (UMPG),Jeffrey Allen Ament (ASCAP) (UMPG),David Abbruzzese (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Mike McCready (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG),Eddie Jerome Vedder (ASCAP) (Non-UMPG)",T-070.006.816-1,20.00,Original

Some songs are the same, like "ONCE" is "UNA VEZ" in spanish.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:

Here's how I imagine this was said.

Quote:

People have been quoting the "over 60 million" line since s/t's release announcement. Seeing as how just the three studio albums in the 10 years since then have sold more than 3 million, 65 seems conservative.

Quote:
"It's been almost 25 years since Pearl Jam busted the door open of the 'club' that hosts a very exclusive group of artists," UMPG chairman and CEO Jody Gerson said in a statement.

What a strange, silly thing to say.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:14 pm 
Stone's Bitch

spived wrote:
PORQUE VAS

Man, they're really pandering to the Latino community these days.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

still no idea what this thread is about

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:20 pm 
Stone's Bitch

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

PJ is dubbing the vocals for their entire back catalogue with the announcers of the Paraguayan national football team.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

PJ is dubbing the vocals for their entire back catalogue with the announcers of the Paraguayan national football team.

Background vocals by Vuvuzela.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 9:28 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

McParadigm wrote:
evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Background vocals by Vuvuzela.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 5:15 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
stip wrote:
So as a follow up, do Stone or Jeff make any money off of Friends playing Yellow Ledbetter as performers, but not authors, of that song?

There's really no way to be sure. Taken at face value, no -- the revenue is allocated as explained above. But big money/major label acts typically have legal deals worked that that supercede PRO reporting. So while ASCAP may deliver the funds as I've stated, the band may have an internal deal that sees them dispersed differently. I remember an anecdote in the Kim Neely book in which the band decided to split all income with 40% going to Ed, and 20% going to everyone else. I'm sure that's changed somewhat since then, especially since Boom has joined.

It actually hasn't. Stone just buys Boom weed and fish tacos out of his personal 20%, and Boom keeps showing up for gigs.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 6:24 pm 
Production Police

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
stip wrote:
So as a follow up, do Stone or Jeff make any money off of Friends playing Yellow Ledbetter as performers, but not authors, of that song?

There's really no way to be sure. Taken at face value, no -- the revenue is allocated as explained above. But big money/major label acts typically have legal deals worked that that supercede PRO reporting. So while ASCAP may deliver the funds as I've stated, the band may have an internal deal that sees them dispersed differently. I remember an anecdote in the Kim Neely book in which the band decided to split all income with 40% going to Ed, and 20% going to everyone else. I'm sure that's changed somewhat since then, especially since Boom has joined.

It actually hasn't. Stone just buys Boom weed and fish tacos out of his personal 20%, and Boom keeps showing up for gigs.

Doesn't sound like an entirely bad life Boom has made for himself. I love fish tacos...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam