Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The Jeff Ament Appreciation Thread

Wed April 29, 2020 9:53 pm

My 8 yo son understands multi cameras and editing.

Wed April 29, 2020 11:14 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:My 8 yo son understands multi cameras and editing.

But does Ed? Hell, I think of myself as pretty tech savvy, but it'd take me a week or two to figure that out. Especially considering, there's no way most of these people had the software to do this on their computers in February.

Fri May 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Looks like Jeff posted this as a single on Amazon / itunes

Fri May 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Outside of his artistic integrity and contributions to the many things which have tickled his fancy, the work on Mirrorball is thunderous. Not saying it’s better than his other achievements but it’s my personal favourite and he continues to innovate.

And to think he was the number one target for the scenesters way back when.

Fri May 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Jeez wrote:Outside of his artistic integrity and contributions to the many things which have tickled his fancy, the work on Mirrorball is thunderous. Not saying it’s better than his other achievements but it’s my personal favourite and he continues to innovate.

And to think he was the number one target for the scenesters way back when.

oh yeah i always found stupid and risible for them to point out Jeff. Just doesnt make any sense.

And i always found Jeff´s work ethics admirable. An inspiration.

Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 am

Listening to Acts right now.

What a great album. And the vinyl is sweet.

Sun May 31, 2020 12:19 am

Ghost Riding is even better. Acts is excellent also though. One of those bands I hope to get a chance to see once this thing is over and then Pearl Jam tours and goes on a break and this happens.

Sun May 31, 2020 12:27 am

liebzz wrote:Ghost Riding is even better. Acts is excellent also though. One of those bands I hope to get a chance to see once this thing is over and then Pearl Jam tours and goes on a break and this happens.

yeah, Ghost Riding might be better. But damn, what an amazing album Acts is.

Sun May 31, 2020 12:42 am

Agreed. My favorite of the bands featuring members of Pearl Jam that made multiple albums together (ie, Three Fish, Brad, etc.). Seems like not big company, but really to say I like this best other than Temple of the Dog and Mad Season.

Sun May 31, 2020 4:59 pm

Jeff really holds the band together live, along with Matt. Eddie, Stone and Mike make countless mistakes every show, but it is very rare to hear a Jeff flub.

Sun May 31, 2020 5:31 pm

yeah, thats true. His so good live.

Also, RNDM remains a favorite side project too...i guess its up there with Temple and Mad Season.

Fri June 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Looks like Jeff has a new EP out

Fri June 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Fuuuuck awesome news!!!

Fri June 26, 2020 6:40 pm

In the days following the postponement of our tour, I found it necessary to find an outlet for the energy we had created going into the tour. Pivot was the word of March. So, every morning, I retreated to the studio with the goal of writing a song every day, no matter how shite. Days of isolating and watching the news of the destruction courtesy the virus (and the ineptitude of our leadership or as named here, the American Death Squad) made for vivid dreams and a helplessness. These were some of the first songs out of the gate. Raw and succinct.

:lol:

Fri June 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Loved ¨Killer¨...reminds me of Deranged Diction.

Fri June 26, 2020 7:21 pm

I haven’t listened but Spotify has it as 5 songs and a total of 6 minutes. Is that possible?

Fri June 26, 2020 7:30 pm

liebzz wrote:I haven’t listened but Spotify has it as 5 songs and a total of 6 minutes. Is that possible?

He wasn't joking when he described the songs as "succinct".

Fri June 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Farmer John wrote:
liebzz wrote:I haven’t listened but Spotify has it as 5 songs and a total of 6 minutes. Is that possible?

He wasn't joking when he described the songs as "succinct".

Nothing like making Lukin sound like Cortez the Killer in comparison.

Fri June 26, 2020 7:51 pm

yeah, most of these are 1 minute long

Fri June 26, 2020 9:01 pm

This is awesome!
Post a reply