The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Right Song/Wrong Album: No Code
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2015 4:46 pm 
The worst

Can't keep would have fit pretty well.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2015 5:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Coach wrote:
Oh man, I love I'm Open and Hail, Hail...let these two stay. Same with Around the Bend.

How 'bout we remove Mankind and replace with Can't Keep, which I think fits No Code really well.

Hail Hail is quite possibly one of the 5 best PJ songs ever recorded.

I :heartbeat: Mankind. Sounds like PJ doing Weezer.

The only clunker on the album is I'm Open. Other than that, pretty much the entire album is great.

Can't Keep, Parting Ways, All Night, and maybe a full band version of Dead Man could have all worked nicely on No Code (double album?).

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2015 5:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

darth_vedder wrote:
Coach wrote:
Oh man, I love I'm Open and Hail, Hail...let these two stay. Same with Around the Bend.

How 'bout we remove Mankind and replace with Can't Keep, which I think fits No Code really well.

Hail Hail is quite possibly one of the 5 best PJ songs ever recorded.

I :heartbeat: Mankind. Sounds like PJ doing Weezer.

The only clunker on the album is I'm Open. Other than that, pretty much the entire album is great.

Can't Keep, Parting Ways, All Night, and maybe a full band version of Dead Man could have all worked nicely on No Code (double album?).

Totally agree on Hail, Hail. I think it's very deserving of winning RM March Madness.

About I'm Open...my guess is that you've listened to the live versions. I tend to like those better and it got me into the album version a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 8:20 am 
AnalLog

Happy to confess Around the Bend is the only song I skip on No Code.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 1:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Got Some wrote:

Around the Bend is a beautiful song. One of my favorite "slow" PJ tunes.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 2:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

darth_vedder wrote:
Got Some wrote:

Around the Bend is a beautiful song. One of my favorite "slow" PJ tunes.

One of their best, by far.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 2:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
god's dice does not suck!

I'm pretty sure god's dice is at the absolute bottom of my fast studio song list

Yeah, well you can never spell the name of the song correctly. EVER. So your opinion here is invalid. How do I know we're even talking about the same song?

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 2:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
Can't keep would have fit pretty well.

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 2:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'd say put Mankind on a different album. But then they did that with Backspacer and I still didn't like it. So...

Chud's gonna drive into my house for this, but I wouldn't mind hearing Habit as a Lightning Bolt track. I think that more obvious, bouncy and less serious sound would do that song a world of good. A little frivolity never hurt no one.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 3:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'd say put Mankind on a different album. But then they did that with Backspacer and I still didn't like it. So...

Chud's gonna drive into my house for this, but I wouldn't mind hearing Habit as a Lightning Bolt track. I think that more obvious, bouncy and less serious sound would do that song a world of good. A little frivolity never hurt no one.

No way friend. Habit belongs on, and sounds fantastic on, No Code.

If you have time today, and if you feel like it, check the song out from around the 2:47 mark until the end. It's PJ rockin' out at their finest. The two notes coming from Stone, then Jack and Mike going crazy is a thing of beauty.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 3:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

If you have time today, and if you feel like it, check the song out from around the 2:47 mark until the end. It's PJ rockin' out at their finest. The two notes coming from Stone, then Jack and Mike going crazy is a thing of beauty.

I probably won't do that. But I really love your enthusiasm. I just hate that song so much.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 3:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I probably won't do that. But I really love your enthusiasm. I just hate that song so much.

C'mon, it's less than a minute. I'm convinced you'll hear the song in a new light.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 3:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

C'mon, it's less than a minute. I'm convinced you'll hear the song in a new light.

Alright, fine!

But only because I :heartbeat: you like a brother dressed up like a best friend's really hot sister.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 3:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Alright, fine!

But only because I :heartbeat: you like a brother dressed up like a best friend's really hot sister.

:shock: :luv: :naughty: :bammer:

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 9:15 pm 
Poster of the Year

durdencommatyler wrote:

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2015 11:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

That was great gif placement, chudster.

PostPosted: Sat July 11, 2015 2:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Alright, fine!

Well?

PostPosted: Sat July 11, 2015 2:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Alright, fine!

Well?

I do love the frenzy at the end there. The weird guitar chirps are a little strained but yeah it's pretty sweet. Maybe it's really just Ed and the lyrics that I dislike so much. I don't know. I wasn't totally moved, but I did love Jack and Mike going crazy. That was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat July 11, 2015 9:58 pm 
Future Drummer

...speaking as the arbiter of awesomeness...

Spoiler: show
sorry... had to do it... and YES, the jam at the end makes the song!

PostPosted: Sun July 12, 2015 1:32 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Glad you like the ending frenzy :)

Even if you despise the song, it's pretty hard to not acknowledge how good that moment it. PJ at their rockin' finest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam