Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Right Song/Wrong Album: Vs.

Wed June 17, 2015 3:21 pm

What songs on Vs. would you like to have heard recorded for other albums? What should have been on Vs?

Right Song/Wrong Album
Ten

Re: Right Song/Wrong Album: Vs.

Wed June 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Almost everything on S/T I wish was done on Vs. But maybe Severed Hand is at the top of the list.

I have a hard time picturing the songs on Vs. moving anywhere else.

Wed June 17, 2015 3:34 pm

I can't really imagine any non-Vs. songs being done in the style of Vs. Probably because none of their other material measures up.

Wed June 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Vs. actually has a few fairly mediocre songs on it, but man do they play the ever loving fuck out of them.

Wed June 17, 2015 4:01 pm

While I think it's perfect the way it is, I suppose a more ragged No Code version of Blood would be fun.

Wed June 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I still dont get this series

Wed June 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Did you listen to pendulum and think 'I like this song, but I wish 2000 era pearl jam recorded it'?

Wed June 17, 2015 4:43 pm

stip wrote:Did you listen to pendulum and think 'I like this song, but I wish 2000 era pearl jam recorded it'?

Ok so would that go on the Lightning Bolt right song/wrong album thread or the Binaural right song/wrong album thread? Or both?

Why can't it just be a single thread. A single "right song/wrong album" thread.

Wed June 17, 2015 4:46 pm

stip wrote:Did you listen to pendulum and think 'I like this song, but I wish 2000 era pearl jam recorded it'?

I dont know anymore, stip.

Wed June 17, 2015 5:31 pm

theplatypus wrote:

Ok so would that go on the Lightning Bolt right song/wrong album thread or the Binaural right song/wrong album thread? Or both?

that's the only flaw with this otherwise foolproof design

Wed June 17, 2015 5:57 pm

theplatypus wrote:

Ditto

Wed June 17, 2015 6:18 pm

When this series is done I'm going to make a thread of all the people bitching about why this isn't one thread and see if it is longer than the actual discussion

Wed June 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Well this is my favorite pj album..so i love everything they produced during this sessions.
i agree with stip; s/t would be something else in this period.

Imagine comatose!! Maybe even fathers son...got some....and what about up tempo songs like get right or ghost?

Exiting.

Wed June 17, 2015 7:05 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Well this is my favorite pj album..so i love everything they produced during this sessions.

Imagine comatose!! Maybe even fathers son...got some....and what about up tempo songs like get right or ghost?

Exiting.

Oh man, "Get Right" would be awesome in the Vs. era. Good call.

Wed June 17, 2015 7:28 pm

theplatypus wrote:

because that would make too much sense

Wed June 17, 2015 7:45 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Well this is my favorite pj album..so i love everything they produced during this sessions.

Exiting.

Oh man, "Get Right" would be awesome in the Vs. era. Good call.

The thing that is irritating about this is if Get Right was on Vs., everyone would love it.

Wed June 17, 2015 7:45 pm

I can't imagine "Get Right" on Vs mainly because Ed didn't have the voice for it

Wed June 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah, I think most Riot Act songs should stay on Riot Act. Ed's vocal delivery, that stip hates so much, is such an important part of those performances.

Wed June 17, 2015 7:47 pm

theplatypus wrote:I can't imagine "Get Right" on Vs mainly because Ed didn't have the voice for it

Sure he did. It would just be sung differently. Higher.

Wed June 17, 2015 7:49 pm

I think Dissident during the Yield sessions would have been great.
Post a reply